Total Solution Metallichick has done it before she can do it again!!

I don't have a microwave any more myself, i threw it away about 7 or 8 years ago when one day i came home after doing a big shop. The cupboards, fridge & freezer was full, my daughter complained there was nothing to eat?! Basically she meant there was no microwavable meals, i picked the damn thing up & though it out...LOL
Brilliant!!!

Day 5

Really struggling today i could eat a scabby horse i'm that sick of these damn soups :mad: My order i placed Thursday is coming monday so i'll be happy, i will be able to space out the remaining soups & get on with enjoying the bars & shakes.

In the past whenever i've been on a diet i have been a daily weigh-er but so far have resisted jumping on the scales, so i'm looking forward to my first weigh in on Tuesday (thats if i still manage to resist temptation...LOL) Hubby popped over to Tesco for me yesterday to get some ketostix he had to lie & say i was a diabetic to get them, at least now i know i am in ketosis.... I still keep getting this horrible taste in my mouth which i don't remember last time i done a VLCD, i'm getting paranoid that my breath smells & have to keep cleaning my teeth. Hubby has said to stop getting so paranoid as my breath doesn't smell & he would tell me if it did - He said i'm getting ocd about it?! I'm not getting that bad!!:eek:

Well todays delicious menu i started with a Toffee bar for breakfast....Mmmm i really do like them, love the orange too. i could quite happily just have 3 bars a day & nothing else :D Lunchtime i had a delicious vegetable soup...NOT! And at the moment i'm trying to force down the wonderful mushroom soup :sigh2:

Hope everyone is well & doing well

:thankyou: For reading xx

My post yesterday got interrupted by the baby which is why it was a bit incoherant :) I am so amused by your reason for ditching the microwave - mine was far duller, we only ever used it to defrost bread and when I had a new kitchen fitted I begrudged it the space if that's all we would use it for.

How has today gone? How is the head? Are you in ketosis, I am and am starting to feel a bit better now.

Have a lovely evening chick x

First weigh in

Although i started Exante last Tuesday i'm going to have a my weigh in day on a Monday instead of Tuesday, so i'm a day shy of a full week... Lost 9lbs ridiculous that i should be over the moon with that but i'm feeling a little disappoint, stupid i know because 9lbs in 6 days is amazing & if anyone else had posted that loss i would have been posting a big wow to them.

Unfortunately i have very little mobility these days & find it painful to walk let alone doing any form of exercise, so i know that will slow down my weight lost in the coming weeks/months...

Yesterday i spent a couple of hours with my almost 3 years old grandson yesterday (as i do every Sunday) we baked little fairy cakes & done very well to resist eating any...Well i did have one small bite because when we had finished Jakoby handed one to me & said "That's for you nanny" Awww he is so adorable i couldn't say no. I took a tiny bite & asked Jakoby if he would like some, he ate it all :D

Yesterdays menu was a better one as i left out the soup, definitely don't like any of the soups...Yuk!!! For breakfast i had one of the Raspberry bars, very nice but a little too sweet, lunch i had the Chocolate Cherry Shake. I did like that but it only has a hint of cherry, i was hoping the cherry flavour would have been stronger. Finished the day off with Vanilla, adding a coffee & making latte. I'll be using all the vanilla shakes like this :)

This morning i've started the day with a banana shake which is lovely...

Hope you've all had a good weekend & good luck for the week ahead

:thankyou: For reading x

:party0011:9lbs is fantastic Metallichick - imagine losing that on SW or WW! and you're down into the next stone bracket! :party0011:
Don't be hard on yourself, your losses will still be great losses and you WILL get there!
Your grandson sounds adorable, 3 is a lovely age :) My littlies call my mum Nanny, and that's what I called my mum's mum too. Glad you enjoyed my fave - the good old banana shake, I find it's the closest tasting thing to a real shake - a nesquik or something. I didn't know there was a cherry choc shake - there wasn't one last time I ordered - not that I fancy it but i will pootle off and see if there is anything else new I might fancy..... Have a great day Metallichick xxx

A 9lb loss in six days is great. That's 1.5lbs a day on average! At that rate, if you'd weighed tomorrow, your first week loss would have been 10.5lbs! Feel any better? ;) Good luck joining us Monday weighers. Pop over and join the Monday weigh-in thread.

Oh, and when I did Lipotrim in 2011, I didn't do a stroke of exercise, spent most of my days sitting down and still managed to lose 3st 5lbs in 11 weeks. Yes, exercise helps but it's not the be all and end all.

imagine losing that on SW or WW! and you're down into the next stone bracket!

Thank you chick, yes you're right could never lose that mount of weight on SW or WW. Don't know why i felt disappointed this morning, maybe was expecting more? But i'm over it now & feel rather proud of myself :D

Oh, and when I did Lipotrim in 2011, I didn't do a stroke of exercise, spent most of my days sitting down and still managed to lose 3st 5lbs in 11 weeks. Yes, exercise helps but it's not the be all and end all.

:wow: That's an amazing amount in just 11 weeks & with no exercise...Bonus :)

Thank you both for your kind words xxx

Just a quickie while the ad break is on big brother. Today has been another successful day sticking to it 100% again...today's menu started with banana for breakfast, followed by the white chic & raspberry shake, omg that was lush. This evening I had a curry food pack, looks like vomit but didn't taste too bad.

Hope you're all having a good day, bb back on :) xx

Glad you had a good day yesterday that choc raspberry one sounds nice, honestly I am so behind the times - I bought my last lot from them a few months ago intending to get on the wagon earlier, and they didn't have half these flavours I keep hearing about. I might order a few different ones singly to try before i need to do my next big reorder. Hope today has gone well x

Day 9

Didn't post yesterday got too engrossed in watching 'Game of Thrones'

I was talking to my mum Monday & was telling to her that my black crop jeans which i love & haven't been able to wear for a couple of months (without having a safety pin to stop the zip falling down & top button opened) should be fitting me by next week... I tried them on again today & OMG they fit!!! My hubby laughed & said 'Well thats the quickest week i've seen'? ;) I'm gobbed smacked & over whelmed...Oh how i love Exante :love:

A quick run down of yesterdays menu...Began the day with my usual black coffee & instead of a shake i had the raspberry bar (i'm not usually a great lover of raspberry But both the bars & shakes are pretty yummy) Lunch time i had a Vanilla made into my usual latte & for the evening i had the mango & passion fruit :wow: that was lush. Got hubby to pick me up some marmite went he popped over Tesco so i could have another flavoured hot drink rather than just water or black coffee.

Today i've had strawberry shake for breakfast (my favourite) won't be having lunch until much later this afternoon as i've had a doc's appointment this morning & didn't have my breakfast until i got back, that was only a hour ago.

Hope you are all having a good day

:thankyou: For reading xxx

That's great. Can't wait to start fitting back into my old clothes. :)

That's fab MC! I was thinking about that earlier funnily enough. In my loft I've vacuum bags labelled 'Sizes 8-12' and 'Sizes 14-16' from last time round the block - I am looking forward to being reunited with some of my faves :) although I have no burning desire to get into the 8's as I know that frankly, size 8 was never going to be maintainable for me, and when I soon couldn't fit them anymore it was soul destroying. I think the only way I'd have been able to stay a size 8 would have been by eating 600 calories and going to the gym every single day for the rest of my life - and frankly life needs to be more enjoyable than that! x

Thanks Cate, I'm so shocked that i have managed to do them up...lol

In at first.... I sold a lot of my 10/12's on Ebay last year it was upsetting selling them but to be honest some would be little too young looking for me now, at my age the worse thing i can imagine is looking like mutton dressed as lamb :eek: But did keep back some of the universal items in the hope of getting back into them. I've got a pair of jeans that i really loved & thats my goal to get back into them :)

I have already been thinking that i need a plan to maintain my weight loss at the end of abstinence, so that i'm not doing this all over again. I was reading 'in a firsts' diary & came across this. Which i she see doesn't mind me stealing?

"Yep, hard and temptation is all around.
Having done LL it certainly makes you aware of how much our social lives revolve around meals in/out, eating, drinking and fattening treats doesn't it?
Some people work on the 80/20 theory -
80% control - 20% free for all.
Others are really careful all week to allow extra at the week-end.
Others up the exercise to burn off calories (sounds like that's you)
Me. I don't have a plan really. I never re-introduced bread, potatoes, cakes and sweets and I hardly have any chocolate.
I have quite a lot of dairy protein, loads of fish, salads, fresh veg. I have the odd glass of wine (used to regularly drink a bottle myself in an evening!).
I eat masses of fresh fruit - love it.
If I'm at a work lunch which is usually sandwiches I just eat the fillings - just say I don't eat wheat if people notice.
I try and remember to drink plenty of water, but it's hard.
I weigh once a week only at LL. I try not to stress about calories etc.
You'll work out what works for you, but keep reminding yourself of all the things that have changed for the better.
Don't let it slip."

It is interesting to me that she never reintroduced certain foods, maybe theis set her apart from others who re-gained. I don't know, another factor to mull over though.....

It was posted by another member called Slendablenda and feel it to be some great advice & something to really think about...

I've been thinking a lot about life after exante too (early days I know!) I think bread is certainly something I'm not going to be able to reintroduce. It's just all too easy to grab a carby sarnie everyday for lunch and as I sit at a desk all day it really doesn't do me any favours.

The other thing I agree with is the alcohol, I used to always have a glass or 2 of wine after a stressful day... Never going back to that either - too many empty calories!

I think it's a good thing to start thinking and planning early though? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've been thinking a lot about life after exante too (early days I know!)
I think it's a good thing to start thinking and planning early though? X

Never too early to start think ahead :)

Day 10

Really struggling today, woke up this morning feeling so sick, the sickly feeling when you're hungry, i also feel so weak. I shouldn't feel hungry being well & truly in ketosis so i'm wondering if its because i'm in that TOTM :confused: I do have very low ferritin levels & have to take iron twice a day anyway & at this time my haemoglobin levels drop too, was hoping the B12 Jab i had yesterday (have them every 4 weeks) would have helped me to perk up too :confused:
I'm also getting green poo (sorry gross i know) didn't have this last time i was on a VLCD...

Anyway my lovelies i'm keeping this short & sweet today i'm feeling that naff i'm going off to bed & try to get some sleep....That's if the damn restless leg syndrome doesn't keep me awake...

:thankyou: For reading xxx

That's fab MC! I was thinking about that earlier funnily enough. In my loft I've vacuum bags labelled 'Sizes 8-12' and 'Sizes 14-16' from last time round the block - I am looking forward to being reunited with some of my faves :) although I have no burning desire to get into the 8's as I know that frankly, size 8 was never going to be maintainable for me, and when I soon couldn't fit them anymore it was soul destroying. I think the only way I'd have been able to stay a size 8 would have been by eating 600 calories and going to the gym every single day for the rest of my life - and frankly life needs to be more enjoyable than that! x

I couldn't agree more.

MC, hope you feel better tomorrow.

Hello lovely I hope you have had a better day today, you might need to take it extra easy for a few days esp if it's that time. It can make you feel whacked and you have other stuff going on with your health too so give yourself a break and put your feet up xxx

Back