Total Solution Metallichick has done it before she can do it again!!

Good idea to have an early night, saves getting into trouble by picking - hope tomorrow is an easy day for you :)

Decided to make my last pack in Chocolate Cherry cakes, really delicious & certainly helped take the hunger away

image-1787382263.jpg

Hubby has tonsillitis & I'm sure he has past it on to me, feel really naff & my throat seem to be swelling up...Both of us are going back to bed xxx

Last edited:
Bless, hope you feel a bit better after a wee lie down. Photos of the grandbabes are GORGEOUS. So precious xxx
(PS I am feeling hungry too and have eaten the ham I got in for the kid's tea (naughty doh) so I now know I can't have ham in the house :()

xxx

Hope you've not caught it and that you're feeling better after a nap - your cakes look lovely :)

Day 32

This weather is playing havoc with my head last 2 days, migraines from hell :mad: Mind you on the plus side its helping to stick to plan, really just don't want to eat...

Keeping this short & sweet as i'm going back to bed, i think i've caught hubby's bug too....Grrrr

Have a nice weekend my lovelies xxx

How are you chick? I hope you are feeling a bit better. You are doing so well considering how poorly you have been. Big hug xxx

Day 37

How are you chick? I hope you are feeling a bit better. You are doing so well considering how poorly you have been. Big hug xxx

Thank you chick feeling a little better now, unfortunately hubby gave me his bugs, not good with a low immune system :(

Monday i lost 2.2lbs & was stupidly really disappointed with it until a couple of facebook Exante group people gave me a kick up the ass & sent me some pictures!!!

33f6yyq.jpg
xkzzut.jpg

Monday was the start of week 6, planning to stick to this week 100%. I've been feeling really deflated with the diet for the past week or so but now have my game back on. I have been giving others words of encouragement when they have been struggling but not taking my own advise. Have now taken stock of things & realised what's the point of advising others if I don't take that same advise for myself??? So now in day 3 of week 6, 100% TS & feeling very positive again :D

:thankyou: For reading xxx

That sounds to me like a woman with her mojo back!! Good for you. ;)

That's great Metallichick! Glad you're feeling motivated. 2 pound losses are annoying, but if you're anything like me, I could never hit albs a week on conventional diets and often gave up.

Day 42

6th week weigh in & another 4.2lb off, I've hit that 2st lose!!! :bliss:

popped into Tesco Saturday & i saw someone i haven't seen for about 4 months, it was really that the first thing she said to me was "you've lost weight haven't you? you look good" It was really nice to hear that & made me feel pretty awesome for the rest of the day :D

Haven't been on line much as this damn weather has given me a migraine everyday for the past 6 days & it really getting me down :mad: Due my 3rd Botox treatment in a couple of weeks which i'm not looking forward to has it hurts like hell (36 injections in my head & neck) plus it hasn't really helped the miggies at all...Don't know what the next treatment will be? Up to now nothing has worked!!!

I'm thinking about changing my weigh day to a Sunday, purely because i like to have 1 day off each week (which is working well for me) & most weeks I've had a Sunday off anyway, so it makes sense to weigh that morning!!

Since losing 2 stone I'm now at that point where my before clothes are far too big & i now only have 1 pair of jeans that actually fit...I refuse to buy any in between clothes as i have a lovely range of 'slim' clothes waiting for me :p

As always my lovelies :thankyou: for reading

Yay! 4.2 lbs in a week is great and well done on hitting the 2 stone mark. :clap:

Thank you ladies, so over the moon I've hit that 2 stone :) xxx

I do love my Indians, hubby ordered one in Monday evening & enjoyed every bit of it. Yesterday I messed up big time instead of just one day off I ended up with 2. The stupid thing was I was craving chocolate big time & completely caved in...

Back on track now & in fact I've drank so much water today to flush those carbs through I'm still wide awake at 1:30am continuously having trips to the loo every 30 minutes or so, grrrr it's driving me mad!!!

Haven't jumped on the scales at all I really don't want to know what damage I've done, so going to try & resist until my official weigh in. If I don't have a good loss then it'll be my own fault but hey ho that's life...I did say before I wasn't going to let this diet rule my life & I'm not, if I want to eat then i will eat. Mind you I suppose as long as I don't go off plan for days on end then it shouldn't affect my weight loss too drastically?? Should it??

Treated myself to a pair of prmark jeans today & anyone that shops in primark will be aware EVERYTHING comes up so damn small. So I bought myself a pair of size 16's that are a little to small at the moment (I reckon they'll fit within 2-3 weeks) as an incentive, it's been a good 3 years that I worn size 16...

Well I suppose I better take some more pain killers & try & get some sleep otherwise i"ll be a wreck in the morning, that's if these damn loo trips start to ease off...Lol

Thank you for reading, Nitey nite xxx

OMG! What the hell did I do yesterday??? Grrrr I was fine all day up to about 7pm then I just ate anything & EVERYTHING... Emotional eating at its best.

My beautiful daughter has fertility problems due to NHS neglect....A very long story but the short version my daughter was missed diagnosed with IBS when in fact she has Crohn's disease by the time they got the diagnosis right her insides were in a mess. During a 12 month period (6 years ago) she spent almost a year in & out of hospital having 2 bowel re sections, a stoma, wired up to a central line, being tube feed...and to top it all every surgery she had made her get excessive internal scaring which resulted in her losing an ovary & Fallopian tube at the age of 23. They discovered a cyst on her remaining ovary but decided not to touch in, yesterday she had a scan for the start of fertility treatment & have found the cyst is one a 13cm diameter & urgently need to fast track her to the consultant. My daughter is in a mess, so scared if she loses her remaining ovary that is it for her. Because of her problems we have been fighting the NHS for the past 5 years to get her eggs frozen but because she doesn't have cancer they refused!!! The whole thing is a mess....

Today I feel physically sick due to the over eating & emotionally sick because I'm worried sick about my baby girl, she has been through so much & this is yet another kick in the teeth for her!

Last edited:
So sorry to hear that. Hope you can get back on track.

I don't mean to sound hard, because I do know exactly where you're coming from, but if we are ever going to conquer our weight issues permanently we have to learn how to overcome those triggers that send us rushing to the fridge/biscuit tin/takeaway when we're upset. At the end of the day, eating only makes us feel better in that moment. Afterwards we feel like s**t and haven't solved anything - just added to our problems if anything. Sounds like you might be starting on a bit of an emotional roller coaster with your daughter so perhaps you should think about what coping strategies you are going to employ down the line to avoid turning to food in the future. Hope you're having a good day as far as the diet's concerned.
:bighug:

Thanks Cate you're 100% right, you words of wisdom has made me realise I'm on the path of emotional eating & need to get off it NOW! If I don't conquer this emotional eating I will never be able to maintain any weight loss...

Today is day 1 of re start, I can do this I know I can...xxx

So glad you didn't mind my post. I did wonder about posting it TBH but hoped you would see that I only had your best interests at heart. Worrying about food and diets can seem so trivial at times like this but I do believe we have to be able to look after ourselves if we are to be able to look after others. I really hope your daughter is fine and/or that she manages to get the NHS to change their decision. It sounds very harsh to me. The point should be that she could be rendered infertile, not the way in which that infertility comes about. Have you thought about popping along to your local MP's surgery to see if you can get their support?

OMG! What the hell did I do yesterday??? Grrrr I was fine all day up to about 7pm then I just ate anything & EVERYTHING... Emotional eating at its best.

My beautiful daughter has fertility problems due to NHS neglect....A very long story but the short version my daughter was missed diagnosed with IBS when in fact she has Crohn's disease by the time they got the diagnosis right her insides were in a mess. During a 12 month period (6 years ago) she spent almost a year in & out of hospital having 2 bowel re sections, a stoma, wired up to a central line, being tube feed...and to top it all every surgery she had made her get excessive internal scaring which resulted in her losing an ovary & Fallopian tube at the age of 23. They discovered a cyst on her remaining ovary but decided not to touch in, yesterday she had a scan for the start of fertility treatment & have found the cyst is one a 13cm diameter & urgently need to fast track her to the consultant. My daughter is in a mess, so scared if she loses her remaining ovary that is it for her. Because of her problems we have been fighting the NHS for the past 5 years to get her eggs frozen but because she doesn't have cancer they refused!!! The whole thing is a mess....

Today I feel physically sick due to the over eating & emotionally sick because I'm worried sick about my baby girl, she has been through so much & this is yet another kick in the teeth for her!

Oh lovely!! Oh what an awful thing to have happened, I really really feel for you and your daughter. Try and take it one day at a time. Your daughter is very lucky to have a mother who cares so deeply, I really understand you turning to food - it is a battle I am constantly fighting also. Cate really makes sense though doesn't she when she says we will feel sh1tty after and we won't have solved the original problem. Good luck getting through this with your daughter and good luck trying to get on top of the emotional eating. XXX

Back