Mia's Neverending Diary (Part II)

Forgot to say re scales not moving, Have you measured yourself? x

I will get measured tonight, but I am still wearing the same clothes. A few people have mentioned it, but I just can't see/feel it.

Tracey - a positive attitude goes a long way with this diet I think. Once I went on this diet and moaned and complained all the time about it - I was hungry, I was cold, it was costing a fortune etc. and needless to say I failed. I have found if you want to do it, and believe you can - then you will be successful.

Good luck, the first week is the worst as you know, then it gets easier.

Thinking of packing this diet in. Can't see the point in paying £40 a week, starving myself to the point where I feel faint, depriving myself of a social life, not being able to join in with family functions etc. for a 1lb a week. Yes, I had a couple of chocolate biscuits - but come on, a couple of biscuits and only 1lb loss. I have stuffed my face when not on a diet and lost more than a bloody pound. I will not voice my true opinions of this diet on here because it is a dedicated CD forum so wouldn't be fair to those who are firm believers in it.

SacredSilence and Madferret - I won't be around for a few days in case you are wondering. I am totally p****d off with this and losing the will to live with regards to this diet. I will try to keep at it but at the moment I just don't have any positivity left.

Tuesday 15th June 2010 (W/C week 5)
8 tetras
2 mousse
3 bars
7 shakes
Some cheese
Full tin PEK chopped pork
No exercise

Tuesday 22nd June (W/C Week 6)
9 shakes
2 soups
7 tetras
2 bars
1 mousse
4 chocolate digestive biscuits
Swim 1.5 miles

Day 43 - Wednesday
1 toffee and walnut shake
1 toffee bar
1 chocolate tetra

Last edited:
Mia u can't do this AGAIN hunnie come on hun carry on until ure hoilday atleast PLEASEEEEE.!

yeo i see wot u mean about the money front, i felt the same on satday i had a bowl of chips.!
But the weight must come off for both of us xxxxx

Shanny, thanks for the support but I am just sick of getting on the scales and seeing stupid losses. It's just not worth the money, the hunger, the deprivation - everything. I have started yet another course of antibiotics and I am frightened to take them in case I don't lose weight!!! It's just not right.

I read this forum religiously and it's crazy the states some of us get into because we have had an extra 200 cals a week on top of our allowed circa. 2000 cal weekly allowance. We consume in one week what most people do in a day - and still either STS, put weight on or lose a scabby 1lb. Do you understand what I am saying or is it just me with this attitude?

Mia u are making sense i understand but how are u going to shift the weight???

have u thought about THAT?????

Of course I have - it's on my mind constantly, maybe I am just disappointed (AGAIN) but I am just weighing up the pros and cons. I can't afford to keep doing this Shanny. £160 a month is a huge amount of money for me and I need a guarantee it's going to work.

Yes, I hold my hands up - I have cheated. But look at what I have cheated with. In six weeks I have had a planned picnic, a tin of chopped pork and 4 chocolate biscuits. I have swam one and a half miles this week to compensate for the biscuits and still only lost a pound.

Like I say I have been prescribed the antibiotics again. I am literally scared to take them in case I put weight on. I take 2 vitamin tablets a day - vitamin C and an immune tablet. It's crazy that I am thinking "whats making me not lose the weight, is it the vit C, is it the immune tablet, is it the 2 bars I have had this week, is it the 1 mousse I have eaten" - its just stupid.

I will continue the diet until my holiday, but I am going to commit the greatest sin ever and have something to eat on Saturday night becasue it is my daughters 18th birthday. I will have a bit of salmon or chicken so I will prepare myself for a gain next week - how ridiculous is that?

[QUOTE
I will continue the diet until my holiday, but I am going to commit the greatest sin ever and have something to eat on Saturday night becasue it is my daughters 18th birthday. I will have a bit of salmon or chicken so I will prepare myself for a gain next week - how ridiculous is that?[/QUOTE]

Mia have faith hun the cost of CD is alot and to know prices will be rising in July too.! I have so many weddings 3 Hen partys to attended and to think about paying for CD aswell is alot too, so i know where ure cuming from chick.!

And yes small weightloss are not matching the amount of money u are spending on the diet,!
I would have the one day off for your daugther's special bday, have fun enjoy yourself.! And get back on the diet on sunday??
But carrying on with your success is the only way Mia.!
You have two hoilday's aboard why not think on the lines of what weight you want to be and go 'GET IT'.!!
Mia y not do SS+ hun after satday?? weightlosses are even good too??
Please stick with the diet hun.!! xxxxx

Last edited:
Thanks Shanny. On Saturday I don't intend to have the whole day off. I will have my CD's and a very small piece of fish or chicken - that's all. I can't do SS+, I can't eat food every day or I will just cheat all the time. I have to take food out of the equation altogether.

I understand what you say Shanny, but I am now scared to go on my holiday next week in case I put all my weight back on and I am not at goal for my September holiday. I advised another member on another thread to go and enjoy herself on her hols, life is too short, and here I am worrying myself to death about it.

Thanks very very much. I promise I will be 100% until 9th July (except Saturday) and see what happens.

You have done so well, I wish I had your willpower and enthusiasm xx

Hi Mir , Think with age makes loses slower , but you are trying , and not seeing the results you should be on such a VLCD . Then you get dishearted , maybe just do CD to the Rule all barring your daughters birthday and until you go away , our bodys are weird . Like mine I'm gaining and thinking maybe my age maybe a trip to the doctor , really it can play mind games weight .
Big Hi to you shanny , yes i'm still around , will Email you , sorry girl not been in touch , been lurking bad . Hey whats all this CD going up ? ouch .
Mir if you was eating normal how much would it cost you weekly ?

Hi Jackie, well if I was eating normal it would cost me less than £40 - definately. A cooked chicken made into salad one night and a curry one night, maybe a spaghetti bolegnaise for a couple of nights, I could certainly think of better things to be spending £160 a month on.

I have stuck to the rule, with tiny blips - nothing worth even mentioning in my opinion sometimes. I am just so disheartened. Yes maybe my age has something to do with it - I don't know, but there are older than me on this forum and on this diet who lose. Just fed up at the minute about it all.

I think maybe a blood test , now with thyroid they say to test for 3 and 4 , but most doctors just do 3 i was told , maybe see the doctor also . this last year , my weight lose seem's to be slow , and yes it's making my lose heart .
Yes , 40 a week , you can eat , fruits , salads , chicken , fish , and maybe get the same results , sometimes they say we need to kick start our metabolism with eating more . So when this holiday is over , will you go back to CD until Sept ?
I know I have not eaten yet , and really don't know what todo anymore myself , but I thought maybe do a fast walk twice a day and work out which road i'll take diet wise , cos I have 16 weeks and time is closing in on me .

Nothing wrong with my Thyroid, I am all in working order :)

Just me, just my metabolism but this happens to be every time I do CD. 2lb in 2 weeks is just not acceptable to me, £80 for 2lb!!!

I will stay on CD, I have decided to stick with it and not come off but my heart is not in it. I will go to the gym tonight and see if gym work works better than swimming. I really wanted to be 11st 7lb by my holidays but can't see me losing 4.5lb in a week especially if I am going to - shock horror - eat on saturday night!!!!!

Good luck with your diet Jackie, its a great diet when it works x

Sending HUGE hugs your way hun x

I TOTALLY understand where you`re coming from re lack of decent weight loss as that happens for me all the time due to having a rubbish body (I have an Underactive Thyroid and PCOS). It is soul destroying when you do everything right yet the weight still doesn`t budge.

I am wondering if your body needs a little bit more? Maybe you need to move up the plan to lose more weight. I know it sounds daft, But for some people that is the way it works. Have you thought of trying 810 plan? That is what I`m on. I have never done SS in the 5 weeks I have been on the diet and for me, My losses have been AMAZING! I know they`re nothing compared to most others on here, But I know the limits of my body so I am still pleased.

On 810 plan you would be fine having some chicken or some fish (though it should be white, Not Salmon) along with some veg or salad.

Hope you are feeling more positive soon hun

Xxxx

8 tetras
7 shakes
3 bars
2 mousse
Some cheese
No exercise

9 shakes
7 tetras
2 soups
2 bars
1 mousse
Swim 1.5 miles

Day 43 - Wednesday
1 banana shake
1 fruits of forest shake
1 chocolate mint shake

I bet you've lost inches , and yes you must think on such small amount of food going in, what the devil is wrong , but hang in there and see how it goes . how did the gym go Mir ? I was looking at getting an exercise bike, cos at night time I seem to do to much sitting, or a stepper ... will see how the cash goes .
Just looking day 43 , you are doing great and wanting to keep going , just need them loses showing more for you , do you do your inches , i'm wondering if its going in that way .
Thanks Mir , I know its a diet that works and sometimes the scales are not kind each week , but its got to be melting away from somewhere I just know ... Lets keep melting away , asd long as we've been good or even 90 % its got to be going from somewhere !

8 tetras
7shakes
3 bars
2 mousse
Some cheese
No exercise

9 shakes
7 tetras
2 soups
2 bars
1 mousse
Swim 1.5 miles

Day 43 - Wednesday
1 banana shake
1 fruits of forest shake
1 chocolate mint shake

Day 44 - Thursday
1 chocolate tetra
1 cranberry bar
1 strawberry shake
Swim half mile

[QUOTE
I will continue the diet until my holiday, but I am going to commit the greatest sin ever and have something to eat on Saturday night becasue it is my daughters 18th birthday. I will have a bit of salmon or chicken so I will prepare myself for a gain next week - how ridiculous is that?

Mia have faith hun the cost of CD is alot and to know prices will be rising in July too.! I have so many weddings 3 Hen partys to attended and to think about paying for CD aswell is alot too, so i know where ure cuming from chick.!

And yes small weightloss are not matching the amount of money u are spending on the diet,!
I would have the one day off for your daugther's special bday, have fun enjoy yourself.! And get back on the diet on sunday??
But carrying on with your success is the only way Mia.!
You have two hoilday's aboard why not think on the lines of what weight you want to be and go 'GET IT'.!!
Mia y not do SS+ hun after satday?? weightlosses are even good too??
Please stick with the diet hun.!! xxxxx[/QUOTE]

Shanny - you talk such good sense it's great reading your comments

T
x

Back