Mia's Neverending Diary (Part II)

Hi, as much as I like my CDC she really doesn't give me much advice. I don't want to change her but I don't get a lot of encouragement to be honest. I have stuck with it, but my head is spinning thinking of all the things it could be that are making me not lose. For example, is it the vitamins I take, is it the antibiotics which I started on Tuesday, is it the bars, is it the mousse, is the swimming making me weigh more???? Do you know what I mean? I am constantly questioning the reason and think the only way to be successful is to stop the vitamins, stop the antibiotics and live on 3 shakes a day, no tetras, bars or mousse. Just shakes and water. What kind of life is that?

Mia, how much water are you drinking hun? I had a quick look at all the posts and i can't see it recorded?

Mia

The tetras should not affect your losses - I know that some people loss less or slower if they have too many bars, but I have never heard tetras blamed for slow or no weight loss...

Why not try and do a week, with just 3 shakes or tetras and nothing else and see how you go ? it might be just what your body needs to shock it into letting go of some of the weight that you know you shouldn't still be carrying

Just a thought - feel free to tell me to bog off !!

T
x

I drink 2.5 - 3 ltrs of water a day. That's a given and never changes so I don't record my water intake.

T - I would never tell anyone to bog off hahaha. I appreciate all ideas and suggestions. The thing is, I enjoy the odd bar and mousse so doing without then losing may only be coincidence and then I would never have a bar or mousse again incase I put weight on, if you know what I mean.

I am not coming off the diet, I am going to eat tomorrow and then on my holidays. When I come back I will start again and just keep plodding on until it comes off. Nothing else for it really, just annoyed at the cost to be honest.

Morning Mia have fun tonite hunnie i would say just try 3 tetra's this week??
And yes glad you are sticking with cd hun x

Well there's going to be a day time buffet now then the meal tonight. I can only try my best but I must admit my motivation has gone so it will make it more difficult for me. I can't and won't come off the diet this week before my hols anyway, I can't risk that too near. I would probably put a stone on in a week and have to wear my beach kaftan all week hahahaha

LOL
Just enjoy today worry about tomorrow , tomorrow lol .
Just go for a jog , I know you do 3 miles a day lol .
diets they never end why can't we eat what we bloody like lol .
Enjoy today Mir x

Day 44 Friday
1 chocolate tetra
1 banana shake
1 chocolate tetra

Day 45 Saturday
Day off - daughters 18th birthday

Day 46 Sunday
1 chocolate tetra
1 fruits of forest shake
1 strawberry shake

Hi Mia, don't know if this helps but been looking at CD book which is by the founder of the diet, he states in there that we should try to drink at least between 3 - 4 litres a day of water. Hope your doing ok.

I guess your very busy now Mir with holiday stuff , don't pack your CD shakes ok lol And don't forget your ten pound note ok lol

Hello lasses,

I am sorry I haven't replied to your messages. I have been busy and to be honest a bit p****d off with the diet as you all know :(.

I haven't been completing my diary, it's a waste of time so I won't be doing it again. It doesn't make me lose any more weight does it? So, another crap week, 1.25lb loss. Yes, I know, I ate but for God's sake 3.25lb in three weeks. Sorry, but that's unacceptable to me - plus I am £120 down for the pleasure. Even my CDC said it's not worth it for my losses.

Anyway, I am still on it and will be until Saturday. I will go and enjoy my holiday and ....... wait for it ....... shock horror I AM GOING TO EAT FOOD :). Then I will go back on it as soon as I come back and try to lose what I can for my next holiday in September. Can't go too mad though 'coz all my clothes are a size 14 hahahaha

Just go a little mad ok lol
after your holiday give it everything you've got girl . after all its better than giving up and stuffing cos them 14 for sept will be no good .
Happy holidays , have fun , i know you will haha

Sorry to hear you`re so down at then moment :(

I don`t get huge losses either but tbh they`re still good for me as my body is so rubbish lol

I hope you had a great time for your daughters birthday and that you have a fab holiday

Xx

**Forgot to say, Not sure if you remember or not, But the week I had bars I only lost 1.5lbs They are a definate no no for me sadly :( x

I don`t get huge losses either but tbh they`re still good for me as my body is so rubbish lol

But the week I had bars I only lost 1.5lbs They are a definate no no for me sadly :( x

Your losses are better than mine. I would be quite happy with your losses tbh.

Does it not worry you that we live on so little calories, yet only have crap losses if we eat so much as a little bar? I find it unbelievable. Like I say even my CDC said its not worth it. I have said before "IF" this diet works, its great - but I don't think it's all what it's cracked up to be if I am totally honest. Unfortunately, I don't have money to burn.

Your losses are better than mine. I would be quite happy with your losses tbh.

Does it not worry you that we live on so little calories, yet only have crap losses if we eat so much as a little bar? I find it unbelievable. Like I say even my CDC said its not worth it. I have said before "IF" this diet works, its great - but I don't think it's all what it's cracked up to be if I am totally honest. Unfortunately, I don't have money to burn.

With 4 children, mortgage etc and part time job I don`t have money to burn either :( But with my medical issues, This is the only diet that has sort of worked for me. But I totally understand where you`re coming from x

I agree it`s rubbish that 1 little bar would affect us in this way but I guess it`s just the way my body works :( It has a real love/hate relationship with carbs and I`m panicking about introducing them incase I balloon :cry:

I do think this diet can be great for some people, Unfortunately not so great for others :( We need to find what is right for us individually. I`m not sure what other diets you have tried, I know a lot of ppl who have had great success on Weight Watchers or Slimming World. They don`t work for me :(

Out of interest, Have you ever had your Thyroid checked?

**hugs Xxx

I have tried every diet under the sun, but they are slow too. I have had my thyroid checked a few times but it comes back ok. I just don't know what's up. I am not going to go off the diet, although have agreed to have some chips in work on friday the day before my holiday. I'm going to be eating all next week anyway, so what the hell.

You are doing well, keep at it. Good luck

mia, i know your post wasnt meant to be funny (the bit where you wrote 'shock horror I AM GOING TO EAT') but it really made me laugh.

you do whats right for your girl and i agree that this diet isnt the miracle its made out to be! its an emotional rollercoaster which WW and SW arent. stick with it though as all the pounds do add up. i have slow losses too so am with you on the frustration part!

Back