Mich Diary....

hi mich, thanks for saying i look slimmer, i am 6 ft 1 so the weight is quite spread out im sort of long and fat :p
as opposed to round
but no getting away from it i am morbidly obese:eek:
but not for much longer
nat xxx

OK Guy's really quick post as it's late and Im off to bed in a minute cos I've a busy morning tomorrow......!

Well ask you know from earlier I spent over hour and half trying to get tickets for Take That at the NEC.... alas I wasn't successful so will therefore not be going... unless some are passed my way before November....:cry: :cry:

I went and did a 'big shop' - OH got paid so had all the extras we needed this week.....lol:D Came home put the shopping away, vac'd up and then got changed for the interview......

Allowed myself half hour to get there and get parked as the area is notoriously bad for parking... and my friend who already works there told me that parking right outside in the car park is non-existant..... anyway took me about 10 mins to get there and I thought I'd just look in their car park before parking on the road (1 hour wait only - which wasn't happy about in case interview overran etc - didn't want a ticket) any way, went in and there was a space right outside the door - so I was 20 mins early!! Txt my mate and she got me a temp permit and had a quick chat - then I went in, went to the loo and waited to be interviewd - it was a lovely big reception area with reception for all the different areas of the Uni.... a brand new build so very bright, airy and modern.... just how I like things....:D I was interviewed by the office manager and two other members of staff.... it was a really relaxed atmosphere and they were all really nice.... I answered all their questions without any or only a little hesitation - alot of the scenarios they were asking me to resolve were things I'd actually done when I worked at Warwick Uni so it was all quite comfortable....:D After I was taken upstairs to the main office where all the staff work and introduced to them all (all candidates were introduced) I was then told I would be informed either tonight or tomorrow (I haven't heard anything yet so fingers crossed for tomorro)..... I really had a good feel for the place and out of the two interviews I've had this week I would prefer this job today..... It is in a similar area I've worked in and I feel comfortable with... so I'm hoping to hear something tomorrow!!

Anyway, came home and rewarded myself with 2 hot cross buns.... wtf:rolleyes: I hadn't eaten all day cos I was nervous and then was so hungry I just ate them..... I knew when I bought them this morning I wouldn't be able to resist - bought them thinking 'kids love them - they'll eat them'! They were buy one get one free but I put one pack straight in the freezer cos I knew I would eat the whole lot....:rolleyes: Anyway, I've also had some more 'carb' stuff so feeling yucky and cross..... not stressing though, what's done is done and I will be back on track again tomorrow.... I need to loose 4lbs to meet first target and that'll be a stone too....

I have commited to loosing at least a stone in the next 3 weeks before Bham...... so I need to knuckle down and by good....:D

I've found some silver boots.... yaaay!! I was flicking through the old Freemans catalogue Id got and they had some silver boots by Faith - high but not too high and they were £59 - anyway, went on line and they were reduced to £35 so decided to buy them... before that I'd opened my post (alot of junk too) and there was a discount voucher from Freemans so the boots have cost me £30.... result!! Am watching a lush pink/white top on ebay (will try and put the link below) and also a silver bag..... so I'm all set for BHam if the black top don't fit I'll wear the pink/white one.... unless I find another black one as I am rather liking black!!

Anyway, I've had loads of texts and messages on here about my interview and I just wanted to thank you all soo much for your support it means alot....

Off to bed now as got to take Lucy for a full dress rehearsal for her dance show which means before we leave at 9.30 I've got to do her hair in two buns, gelled, pinned to within an inch of it's life..... oh joy:rolleyes:

Will be around some point tomorrow.... stay strong everyone and be good.....;)

Lots of love

Hiya lovely!

I spent as long as I could trying to get through on the phone lines and t'internet this morning too .. but with no joy either :cry: How do other people get through when no-one I know manages it?! :eek:

I battled with my conscience for ages tonight, but finally decided that I couldn't bear to miss out - so have bought tickets off an eBay seller. I emailed quite a few people asking to see their purchase confirmations (which most of them were happy send me). I ended up paying £199 for 2 tickets for the Friday night concert in London. They have a face value of £49.75 .. so maybe not so bad really as some of them were going for £250 + for a pair. Just the way it goes I guess .... :sigh:

Fingers crossed about the interview - and see you very soon in Brum!! :D

Lots of love

Awww Mich (and everyone else who tried to get tickets) - I am so sorry that you couldn't get through - you know it was the same with V! So incredibly frustrating - it actually spoiled my whole day - even though I ended up with 4 tickets (erm costing 700 pounds!!!! Must sell the 2 I don't need!) - I so very nearly stuffed my face so I quite understand where you're coming from on the hot cross buns!

Bless ya!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hiya lovely!

I spent as long as I could trying to get through on the phone lines and t'internet this morning too .. but with no joy either :cry: How do other people get through when no-one I know manages it?! :eek:

I battled with my conscience for ages tonight, but finally decided that I couldn't bear to miss out - so have bought tickets off an eBay seller. I emailed quite a few people asking to see their purchase confirmations (which most of them were happy send me). I ended up paying £199 for 2 tickets for the Friday night concert in London. They have a face value of £49.75 .. so maybe not so bad really as some of them were going for £250 + for a pair. Just the way it goes I guess .... :sigh:

Fingers crossed about the interview - and see you very soon in Brum!! :D

Lots of love

Lucky you Sharon.....:D I couldn't afford to pay that much for them as much as I'd love to see them....:( You can tell me all about it though....:D

See you soon..... can't wait:D

Love

Awww Mich (and everyone else who tried to get tickets) - I am so sorry that you couldn't get through - you know it was the same with V! So incredibly frustrating - it actually spoiled my whole day - even though I ended up with 4 tickets (erm costing 700 pounds!!!! Must sell the 2 I don't need!) - I so very nearly stuffed my face so I quite understand where you're coming from on the hot cross buns!

Bless ya!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Hun!

Didn't know if I was coming or going yesterday morning with the pushing buttons and redialling and trying to type on the internet sites at the same time.... grr.... think that and the combination of the anxiousness of the interview got to me... hence the buns....;) In fact Dan went out last night and I was on a bit of a carb fest and fancied toast...... I knew I'd bought 2 loaves of bread yesterday but couldn't recall putting them away..... anyway they had fallen behind the seat in the car but because the weather was soo soo horrendous (must have rained for about 5 hours solid last night) I couldn't be ar*sed to go out to the car - told Dan this morning he said I obviously didn't want it that bad....mmm maybe.... or maybe I didn't want to get wet....LOL

Back on track today though....:D

Just a quick update...... due to my mini carb fest yesterday I was a 1lb up this morning but I'm back on track..... had 2 litres of water and just gonna have my first pack....:D

Took Lucy for her full dress rehearsal at dancing this morning - they looked soooo cute..... first costume is a bright yellow leotard with a hoola hoola skirt with flowers in her hair and round her wrists etc.... the second is a white tutu with sequins and fur.... they do look adorable.....:D I will take some photos at the show next week and put them on....

While I was out the man from the uni interview called..... Dan asked him to leave a number so I could call back but he was going out so is going to call tomorrow....:(

I am really stressing about this..... don't know why but I've got a really bad feeling that I'm not going to get it..... it's my self-confidence and insecurities creeping in because I saw the girl before and after me and they were both slim pretty blondes.....:cry: :cry: - I know I was the one with probably the most relevant experience but because it's a front of house type job I feel that they will want someone who 'looks the part' - not a dumpy brunette..... I feel really tearful and stressed about this job cos I want it soooo badly..... I will be gutted if I don't get it..... oh well time will tell - only another 24 hours before he calls.....:sigh: :sigh:

Right off to have first shake and get my pictures taken to get my stuff on ebay - try and generate some extra cash that way.....:rolleyes:

Hope everyone is having a good day.....:D

Lots of love

Awww Mich....you are not a 'dumpy brunette' :(

sounds to me like it'll be THEIR loss if they can't see that you're defo the best woman for the job !

hope you hear something soon.....

love

Debz
xx

I hope the phone call brings you good news - you definately have the experience for the job by the sounds of it and to be honest if they just go on looks when deciding who gets the job then they arent worth working for!!!

You are doing well with the diet- it's flipping hard isnt it?!!! I am on my millionth restart (or so it seems) and am struggling to keep busy and not eat.
I so want to be slim for summer, I just wish food didnt have such a powerful hold over me - and whats more it's all carbohydrate laden rubbish, chocolate, pizza, biscuits, macdonalds etc etc

Keep at it - we will get there!!!!

Thanks Debz and Helen for your kind words ...... it's just me being paranoia Queen.....:rolleyes:

Anyway, quick up date..... remember a couple of weeks ago I went for an interview and I'd hardly got me bum on the seat and the interview was over - was in their 15 mins max..... well the only rang me today and offered me the bluddy job....:eek: :eek: :eek: To say I was shocked is an understatement.... LOL Anyway, I told the lady I was waiting for a couple more outcomes on interviews and should know by Monday so could I think about it over the weekend and let her know on Monday..... out of the 3 interviews it's the one I want the least - the hours weren't that great - during term time they were (every morning 9.00 - 1.00pm) but that'd be a nightmare in the holidays and they weren't very flexible to change during holiday time.....

So watch this space...... funny if I end up getting offered all three....:rolleyes:

OK - just putting all Lucy and Charlies bits up on their walls...... just prepared a chicken jalfrazi for my two big boys and the little ones will have spag bol.... made enough curry to freeze some and I bought some of those little silver foil boxes yesterday..... oooh I am in domestic goddess mode today.....LOL:D :D

I have decided that tonight and tomorrow night I will have a chicken salad when the others have dinner..... it is weekends now that I really struggle.... during the week I don't mind but weekends Im finding hard..... so better I plan to eat and eat sensibly than stuff my face with carbs cr*p.....:eek:

Lots of love

Well done Mich and congrats' on this job and it would be great if you were offered all three:)

Brill ego booster:D

Love Mini xxx

Don't let paranoia take over hun, logically, if the job is in a university then acedemia should be their thing, rather than looks. Hope it all works out the way you want it to.
xx:)

I hope you get offered all three, it would be nice to choose which one would be the best for you!!!

I agree that planning to eat is better than just losing control. Chicken salad is a good choice so go for it girl and ENJOY it. :)

Hey hun - I really hope you get the answer you want from the uni guy.

Look at it this way - they won't want a dolly bird with no brains on show to the public, will they? They'll want someone very attractive and well-presented, who's an amazingly fab person, with a great sense of humour, who will be efficient and organised - so that's you to a tee!!!

If they don't give it to you, then that's their loss!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey hun - I really hope you get the answer you want from the uni guy.

Look at it this way - they won't want a dolly bird with no brains on show to the public, will they? They'll want someone very attractive and well-presented, who's an amazingly fab person, with a great sense of humour, who will be efficient and organised - so that's you to a tee!!!

If they don't give it to you, then that's their loss!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Couldn't have said it better myself Isy!!! :D

Mich, if I hear you refer to yourself as "a dumpy brunette" it will be slapped legs for you missus!!! :eek: ;)

Be positive girl!!! You never know what Monday may bring and BTW.....kick the CB into to touch as far as your self-esteem and confidence are concerned, ok? xxx

Couldn't have said it better myself Isy!!! :D

Mich, if I hear you refer to yourself as "a dumpy brunette" it will be slapped legs for you missus!!! :eek: ;)

Be positive girl!!! You never know what Monday may bring and BTW.....kick the CB into to touch as far as your self-esteem and confidence are concerned, ok? xxx

I'm a dumpy brunette, I'm a dumpy brunette, I'm a dumpy brunette....... ooooooh slap me, slap me, slap me.......:whoopass: :whoopass: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Sorry Isis couldn't resist that!!!!

Isobel - thanks for your kind words - I know I'm more than capable to do the job and with my slap on and smart clothes I look the part too.... it was just a fleeting moment of self doubt..... the uni guy said to Dan he'd call tomorrow so hopefully tomorrow I'll have some good news????

OK off to watch dancin on Ice..... have had a chicken salad - left some cos I was too fulll but have not been 100% today...... be good again in the morning...... need a decent loss at them there :scale: in the morning to get me closer to my first 'mini' target......

Love

I'm a dumpy brunette, I'm a dumpy brunette, I'm a dumpy brunette....... ooooooh slap me, slap me, slap me.......:whoopass: :whoopass: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Mich...this had me PMSL. Excellent girl!!!!! :D :D :D

Mich...this had me PMSL. Excellent girl!!!!! :D :D :D

I aim to entertain......LOL - how can they not give me the job..... I am very entertaining.....;)

Off to bed.... night night everyone sweet dreams....:D

Love

Hiya hon

Been so busy emailing ya forgot to come on your diary! Sorry!

First - they will be MAD not to employ you!!! You have everything they want AND MORE!!! (and I do NOT mean size before that beyatch CB starts on at you!!!)..

Will be very surprised if you don't get it, but you know what, if you don't it means something better is round the corner (remember saying that to me recently ? ;)) so.. we'll just have to have faith together on this job hunting malarky!!

You always look fab so don't even go there with the 'dumpy brunette' crapola!:whoopass::rotflmao:

Lotsa love xxxxxx

Hi All!

Just a quick post as not really in the mood.....:(

Well I waited in all day for the uni guy to ring and nothing......:( So I still don't know whether I've got the job or not........:(

This I have to say has not done my health and temper any good whatsoever.... I cannot recall a time in the past when getting a job has been soooo important.... but we are so skint and my self-esteem is really low - I'm sure this is not helping my diet......:( I have been horrendous over the weekend picking and eating what I shouldn't..... I am expecting no weightloss tomorrow (am sure I've regained what I had lost.....:mad: ) cross with myself but couldn't stop myself either.....:rolleyes:

Hopefully I will hear something tomorrow..... from both of the jobs I applied for..... OK I've had an offer of a job but out of the three it is the one I wanted the least - in fact I don't want it..... it really wasn't for me..... typical they've offered it me....:rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm trying to 'win'.... if you know what I mean a lush top off ebay for the WeMitt Meet..... so best not be here too long - I've been outbid three times but hanging on till last minute ;)

I can see a pattern emerging in that I was a knarky ole cow last Sunday too having eaten at the weekend... hasn't helped that I found my old CD card today and this time last year I was 2 1/2 stone lighter.....grrrrr:mad: :sigh:

OK - tomorrow is a new day - no point looking back - it's gone done and dusted..... but I can change the future so tomorrow I'll be back at it 100% and thinking of some serious strategies to keep me on track next weekend...... who invented Saturdays and Sundays.....:confused: ;)

Thanks all for dropping by - catch up in the week....:D

Lots of love

Back