MidnightSparkles 'Unit Diet' Food Diary

Midnight-Sparkles

I can do this!
I started the ‘Unit Diet’ today after hearing lots of positive things said about it and thought it would be a good idea to keep a food diary on here, so others can see what kind of foods you can eat and the results of my weigh ins. This diet is a cross between weight watchers (the allocated daily units) and slimming world (free foods)

You are allowed 10 units per day to use on whatever you want and then you have a list of free foods, which include all vegetables, fruit, skimmed milk, low fat yogurts, fruit as well as some breakfast cereals like Frosties and Rice Krispies, salad cream, tomato sauce and lots more..

I joined the postal membership and with my starter pack I got a basic food directory, a members handbook as well as the unit diet ‘Matrix’ which calculates the fat and calories of any food I want into units. I was really pleased as at the moment membership is half price so it only cost me £14.99 a bargain…lol.

From what I have read on the official site message board, the losses are pretty good ranging from 1-5lbs lost per week. But mostly somewhere in the middle.

I have been following a calorie controlled diet and have lost 26lbs since the end of March this year but my losses practically came to a halt. I did a three week burst of CD 790 to try and move things along and I did lose 6lbs in eight days and then nothing else for the next two weeks, so figured I needed to go back to eating but doing something different to fool my body into losing weight again. So this is where the Unit diet comes into play. So wish me luck and let’s see what this diet can do for me

Right lets get onto my food diary for today.

The Unit Diet – Day 1 – Start weight 16lbs 8lbs – Allocated Units 10

Breakfast
Mug of Tea 0
Frosties with skimmed milk 0

Lunch
2 medium slices bread 0.5
2tsps Flora light 1
3 slices Ham 0.5
Cucumber & lettuce 0
Virtually fat free peach yog 0
2 glasses of water 0

Dinner
4 fishfingers 1
Small tin beans 0.5
Unit chips (as many as you want, made the same as slimming world) the potatoes are free, but 20 sprays of fry light is 1 unit
Blob of Tomato sauce 0
Glass of water

Snacks for tonight
Bag of snack a jacks 1
3 jaffa cakes 1
Mug of tea 0

That is 6.5 units used and 3.5 still to go. I feel stuffed at the moment and not sure I’ll be able to use them. Even though I am told its important that you do ( I might save then for the weekend), . I’ll also get loads of fruit in tomorrow when I go shopping as I had none today. I also need to drink more water. On the whole I have enjoyed today and seriously don’t feel like I am on a diet. Haven’t been hungry at all and only managed to eat half of my dinner. Roll on day 2

Just been having a read on the web site it sounds really interesting look forward to hearing how u get on x

I was 'researching' this one some time ago and it really looks good doesn't it.

Sort of the best of SW mixed with the best of WW:cool: If I ever needed to go back on a diet and couldn't face Judddering, I would probably go for this one. Has so much freedom, yet looked very healthy and well balanced too.

Best of luck and keep us updated with how you get on:)

Best of luck Natalie with your diet!!!

Will be reading to see how you get on and learning how it is done.

Love Mini xxx

Hi Midnight, as someone who is "struggling with the last bit, so to speak, Ill be very interested in how you get on with this. It looks really good, I joined WW 3 weeks ago to try and shift this last 8lbs but have struggled big big time with it. Then with DD in hospital I havent managed to go for the last 2 weigh ins so its all gone to pot.

Maybe its time for a change, think Im going to have a research and maybe Ill be joining you!!!

canireallydothis, it's horrible when the weight just wont come off isn't it and it must be especially hard for someone like you who only has a few pounds to go, I can imagine it is really frustrating. I am only on day two so don't know how I will fair yet, but saying that if you go over to the jigsaw slimming boards and read some of the ladies diaries you will see they are having some amazing losses. One lady lost 3 1/2 lbs this week and it's like week seven for her. There is a trial 7 day menu you can download from the official site, so if you wanted to try it you can see if it would work for you.

Good luck in whatever diet you choose. :) Although it would be nice to have some company over here :D

Okay here is my menu for today. I am off to McDonalds with my DD's later, so I have worked out what I am having and then I have planned some supper tonight for when I am watching TV, but not sure If I will have the extra bowl of cereal yet. I'll judge how hungry I am later. I have to say that right now I am pretty full.

The Unit Diet – Day 2 – Allocated Units 10

Breakfast
Mug Tea 0
Crusty white roll 1
3 Slices ham 0.5
Cucumber and lettuce 0
Tsp flora light 0.5

Snack
Bowl of blackberries, strawberries 0

Lunch
Apple 0
Peach 0
Virtually fat free black cherry yog 0
2 glasses of water 0
Bowl of Frosties 0

Dinner
McDonalds Hamburger 3
Small French-fries 4.5
Diet coke 0

Supper
Mug of tea 0
Bowl of Special K 0
Fun size milky way 0.5
Packet of walkers baked crisps 0.5

Total 10.5 So I am slightly over today but am not too worried as I was under yesterday.

Good on ya this diet looks really interesting!!! Will be watching with great interest how you get on.

Do you go to somewhere like WW to get weighed or do you weigh yourself?? I'm not sure it is 'available' in Ireland if its like a WW style thing... or am I wrong??

Well done you xx

Gen, Unfortunately because the diet is still fairly new (about a year or so I think) the membership is mostly postal but you do get a consultant if you require it with your membership pack and you get calls from her. You weigh at home and then tell your consultant and she logs it all and helps you if your having problems and such. There are a couple of classes but they are in Chester and Ellesmere Port. Seeing as I am in Essex and nowhere near those places It is postal membership for me...lol. As it is postal membership I am sure that you being in Ireland would be no problem at all. Hope that helps :)

Gen, Unfortunately because the diet is still fairly new (about a year or so I think) the membership is mostly postal but you do get a consultant if you require it with your membership pack and you get calls from her. You weigh at home and then tell your consultant and she logs it all and helps you if your having problems and such. There are a couple of classes but they are in Chester and Ellesmere Port. Seeing as I am in Essex and nowhere near those places It is postal membership for me...lol. As it is postal membership I am sure that you being in Ireland would be no problem at all. Hope that helps :)

Thanks a million for all that info :D:D:D

Will defo have a look into it!!!

Will be reading your daily food diary with great interest xxx

this sounds really good! a lot of free food which is always a bonus!! i will check out the website. Keep posting!

hi there - just did a google search for the unit diet and this diary thread came up no 4!!

Do you have a website other than the jigsaw one or is that the main one?

You can get a basic membership that you do on your own from ebay. The jigsaw people themselves are selling it on there for £14.00 +£2.50 postage (I think)

No email support or weighins, but you can use the jigsaw forum for help and advice:)

Even better.

So Vicky...ya gonna do it?

The Unit Diet – Day 3 – Allocated Units 10

Breakfast
Mug of tea 0
1 toasted Cinnamon and raisin bagel 1.5
1tsp flora light 0.5
1 small punnet blueberries 0

Lunch
Bowl filled with white boiled rice and pasta shells 0.5 for an unlimited amount and a golden vegetable cup-a soup poured over to make a hearty soup. 0.5 (Yummy)

Snacks
2 peaches 0
Apple 0
Sugar free gum 0

Dinner
2 jacket potatoes 0
30g low fat cheese 0.5
2tsp flora light 1
Can of diet coke 0
Sugar free jelly 0

Supper
Mug of tea 0
Snack a jacks 1
Frys Turkish delight 1.5
2 medium slices bread 0.5
1 tblsp apricot jam 0.5

Total 8 There is no way I am going to be able to use 10 I feel like I am eating tons and I am always full up. I always plan my daily menu in advance so I know what I am eating, but whether or not I eat everything I listed remains to be seen, as yesterday I didn't have the extra bowl of cereal I planned at suppertime as was too full. I jumped on the scales this morning for a sneaky peak and I think I am 1lb down already, but I wont get too excited yet as TOTM is due on Tuesday so that could stuff it all up with water retention..lol. :rolleyes:

Back