midweek check in anyone?

Good luck with the WI tomorrow ClaireCat! :)

Good luck with the WI tomorrow ClaireCat! :)

Posted this on the WI and on my diary, but 3rd times a charm, right?! lol!

Lost the 2lbs I gained last week. Hopefully I'll lose the same next week, but I've kinda hit a plateau over the last month where I keep losing and gaining this same 2lbs. No idea why, but it getting annoying lol!

I've been doing similar Claire, for the past year and a bit I've been going up and down through the same 4-6 lbs and never getting lower. For me I know it's my portions and a bit too much sweet stuff. Plus I gain about 5lbs every TOTM and fall off the wagon for the weekend following ....or some occasion comes along and I dive off the wagon and regain what I lost really quickly.
(Only just restarted Atkins a month or so ago and am getting rid of the excess regain again but the TOTM gains are still confusing the issue)
We can get this sorted hopefully Claire! Don't give up xx

Aw Nina, I feel your pain! I fall off the wagon when I sts for a couple of weeks. I treat myself to popcorn at the cinema. Funny thing is, whenever I do that, just once every other week, I have a loss.

When I first started, I ate pizza hut every other week and I was losing. Since I've been being strict, I've sts and gained and lost the same 2lbs.

Maybe my body needs a small carb binge every week or so?

Perhaps it does for you! Well I guess if it works it's worth trying !
It's really frustrating because you get so close and then right when you're about to crack a new milestone, something comes along to derail or distract you....then sometimes doing everything right for a week doesn't show a reward and I for one, think "it's not working" and go have a blow out to cheer myself up!!!
Really hard to step off that destructive pattern !

hi guys thanks for the comments nice to see some of u so positive and also quite nice to see the struggles as im having a bit of a day myself im finding myself unsatified by food today and im trying to stop that with some peanuts...again lol weldone on ur lose clairecat. this forum really does help i was feeling a bit buhh but im defo gonna stick with it. i was quite proud of myself today though as i went to lunch with my friend and i really wanted the chicken rap but went for a salad instead (totally not a me thing to do) and i must say it was only gurjus in taste and appearance so much so my friend had to comment on how yummy it looked. ill be returning there again

Some people follow a cheat to lose diet. You binge on carbs once a day I believe. It shocks your body. It can work too. I just hate the idea of 4 days of carb withdrawal every week lol

Well done on your loss Claire x

once a day or once a week?

I know the one where you have a cheat DAY once a week. Something to do with raising your leptin levels. There's an American guy Joel Marion who swears this works.

I'm too chicken to try this yet but plan to when I'm closer to my goal weight!

Haha Atkins flu thats a good description

The only thing that stops me cheating is how i feel after eating carbs:eek:

Are we talking an entire carb day or a cheeky wee snickers after lunch?!

Back