Total Solution Might be a silly question

Blondiejules

Morning :)

I've been reading and as I understand, you Can't have chewing gum! I was wondering why is this ?

Also what about toothpaste ?

And I'm on day 14 , i ve just got up and my tummy is rumbling. Does ketosis stop this altogether or do you have little tummy rumbles ?
Sorry about all the question :)

I'm not exactly sure why chewing gum is not allowed, its not allowed onany VLCD but I think it has something to do with the chewing action or citric acid, I dunno but I stay away from it. Yes you brush your teeth, use mouth wash and you can use the mouth freshner sprays.

I think you will always get days when you get a rumbly tummy. I was on LL for 12 weeks 100% and you just get hungry days, Ketosis wont stop it all together. Just drink some water and have a pack!

Chewing gum can cause the release of gastric juices which can take you out of ketosis :)

Because some chewing gum has net carbs - even the sugar free ones. You may not be ingesting the gum, but you are the flavouring (unlike toothpaste). And it won't stop your tummy rumbling, either, but may well make it worse!

Also, one of the central concepts of TFR diets is the 'T' part - nothing other than food packs. So the general advice by the supplier would be towards avoidance of ingesting anything other than packs, so you can break habits, etc. However as I said in another post, both the choice and the risk are yours.

If you can find those breath freshener strips that dissolved on your tongue, they were OK. But they're a bit hard to come by now.

Thanks guys :)

Back