Milk in tea???

sallyc6

Hi folks,
Just wanting a bit of advice..woke up this morning feeling sick and couldn't face a shake or a black tea/coffee so I was really naughty and put a splash of milk in my tea, literally about 15mls. I checked the carb content and it was 6g per 100ml so I've probably had 1g of carbs.
Do you think this will effect ketosis? I honestly could have stomached anything else this morn!! In fact it has made he more keen to stick to the diet!

The completely honest answer is that it may well knock you out of ketosis and you may find that your losses are a lb or two less this week than they would otherwise have been. I know it seems unfair for such a small deviation but that's how delicate ketosis is. Some people are lucky though and they still end up with decent losses even when they do things like this so you'll just have to wait and see. :)

Don't know about on LT, but on Fatkins you have a max of 20g carbs per day during induction and that keeps you in ketosis. You could well be ok if it's just a tiny one-off, here's hoping anyway :) Ketosis is all about maintaining steady, level blood sugars as it's spikes that knock you out, it's not like you had a big chippy tea so a dash of milk will hopefully go undetected. Fingers crossed!

I've just peed on a stick and it's purple! Also pruned a bush, hacked half a tree down, made a hanging basket, done every scrap of washing in the house and pegged it out and been swimming...think I might have the ketosis energy boost!

It'll be tomorrow you'll notice it if it's had any adverse effect Sally, and even if it has, so long as you don't make a habit of it, you'll get right back in in no time :D

Back