milk week?

daisydoll

Gold Member
hi there
i had my 12th weigh in last night
did week 13 stuff in group

is it milk week now?

my LLC said no one in her groups has done it and so it wasn't discussed really.

i'm doing 4 weeks of developers before going onto RTM

any thoughts/suggestions??

i really want to lose 4lb more by end of foundation so i have lost 3 stone!

daisy x

Last edited:
Don't know, but just wanted to say lovely avatar pic Daisy! You look really pretty and really happy :D

To be honest I never bothered with Milk Week, and if you don't feel you want to do it, you don't have to - especially if you don't have long to go. You can perhaps do a Milk Week in your last week of abstinence as a way to prepare yourself a little better for whatever comes next!

And when I opened this thread, I was really quite gobsmacked with a new, slimmer smiley avatar of you! I really loved the one before, but this one is gorgeous too. Well done!
xx

Wow Daisy, you look great. I bet your really pleased with your weight loss. Good on ya girl!!

We discussed milk week last night and basically she said that it is only guidlines and if people don't do it then it's up to them. Although she did say that she has not known anyone in her groups to do it. She also said that it could more than likely knock you out of ketosis so she said it is up to you.

Hope that helps x

oh, i can't decide what to do!!!

i have been feeling a bit lightheaded recently so maybe i will just have a sip or two...

but then again maybe not!

decisions decisions

thanks for all the nice comments on my avatar - i was looking too tanned and holidayish on the last one so i thought i'd better change it (i don't actually like the new one that much but i haven't got any recent ones apart from that, taken 3 weeks ago, lol!)

daisy x

Hi Daisy - you look fab in your new pic! well done!
I think i'm going to do the milk week (next week for me) apparently you have to in order to be within NICE guidelines. My LLC said if we're not doing it, don't tell her that.
Is it true we're not allowed milk in our tea during milk week?
I've also been feeling very light headed so i'm definitely going to do it!
xx

I must confess = I seldom used the milk in the shakes and soup - I used it mainly in tea and coffee almost exclusively. I just poured out the days allowance into a container and then used it as I chose until it was empty. Sometimes I just drank it on its own.

I did not like the soups with milk, but with the shakes, it made EXCELLANT "ice cream"

Daisy - you do look ebeautiful!! I was having a sneaky peek at my desk earlier with the tiniest window on my desktop, so only just now saw it. You look great!!

xx

My LLC said we're not allowed to put it in our tea or coffee or drink it on its own because we'll find it too hard to go back to black tea n coffee! What a load of rubbish! I'm so having milky tea!! xx

I swithered about milk week and decided against it. First time on LL there was no such thing as milk week and I was fine.

The back of your green book has a whole section on milk week and that does state not to use it tea or coffee and also that, depending on how sensitive you are, it could knock you out of ketosis.

If I remember rightly you are on about 1000 calories per day so I guess that could affect your weight loss!

Hi Daisy, its week 13 for me too and i've decided not to do it .... only because I'm not keen on milky things and the thought of it makes me feel sick .... so decision made for me, hope its the right one!

PS I agree fab new pic! x

Looking fab-u-lous in the new avatar Daisy! :)

I haven't done either of the two milk weeks that NICE says I should have done so far, and I'm glad; I think it'd be very easy to get used to having milk (especially if you put it in tea/coffee) if you did it all week, and then you've got to give it up again - I'd rather go without altogether!

But of course, everyone is different, and if you are concerend about health issues and giving yourself something "extra" for a week would help put you at ease mentally, then in the long run it might be better.

Good luck with whichever you decide! :)

Yes, true, I had some rough weeks but I also seriously doubt that a bit of milk would have solved the problem; it was a mental attitude problem in my case, not completely a "dizzy-hungry" thing, mainly I was just bored and fed up with the diet and felt great about myself, basically I think I just got a bit of a "I'm fine now so I'm going to have what I want" mindset, which was very bad and has taken me weeks and weeks to get over.

So I suppose from my POV I see milk week as something that would lead me into temptation again as it is "straying from the rules".

But then, we're all different :)

Hi Daisy

I've just finish week 13 and didn't even consider having a 'milk week'. Still feel brilliant and had a good loss again last week, so now only 2-3 weeks from goal. As others have said, it's your choice.

Our LLC hasn't even mentioned it... I feel like I should do it for health reasons, as I'm likely to be on the programme for another 4 months (gulp!). But, I never drink milk, the thought of adding it to my packs makes me feel a bit queasy, and I don't drink tea or coffee so can't add it to that.

I guess that means I won't be doing milk week then!

Our LLC hasn't even mentioned it... I feel like I should do it for health reasons, as I'm likely to be on the programme for another 4 months (gulp!). But, I never drink milk, the thought of adding it to my packs makes me feel a bit queasy, and I don't drink tea or coffee so can't add it to that.

I guess that means I won't be doing milk week then!

Hi Dilly
I am like you I do not like milk, so I will not be having milk week, however I have a very long way to go, so I hope that my LLC has an alternative, that I can use.

Back