milk

VirgoGirl

At class last night, we were told of the new directive that in week 13 we're to have a break from the 500kcal a day, and up it to 1000 for a week by adding milk to our diet.

Bleugh. As I have soya milk, I have to add 2 litres a day (that's £3).

I guess the shakes might be quite nice, and I can have 'cream of' soups, but not sure how I'm going to down the rest of it.

Know what you mean I'm not normally a milk drinker at all. When I had milk allowance on WW or SW I used to dissolve coffee and a sweetener in a tablespoon of boiling water then add milk to it to make a coffee milkshake. Since I am normally addicted to Iced Mocha's from Starbucks I'm quite looking forward to doing that again, although i hope it doesn't screw up ketosis. I sort of wish they'd come up with something else to eat/drink like a chicken breast or something. Still I'm only on week 4 so have got a while to go until week 13.

ooohhh this is similar to the newest thread... see above / below..

just thought of a latte though.. BRING IT ON!!!!

Hee hee

Wow...!

Does it mean I can have milk in my Tetley tea with sweeteners? :D

I must admit I am glad that we can have a bit of milk added but 2 LITRES?! Do we have to drink 4 litres of water in addition to any milk that is left from mixing shakes (....and soups, bleurgh!)

I am worried that our weight loss might be slowed down? I can't wait for the end of LL....! :(

Just texted ,my LLC. she said it wasn't true.. confused now.. will find out more at the WI tomorrow...

It's taken me 7 weeks to learn to like black tea!! If I start on the milk thing I'm not looking forward to another 7 weeks of getting off it again!
Oooh, it's all so confusing! :(

Yes my counsellor has just told us that we have to drink 1.5 litres of milk a day in week 12 ---- will be wierd having milky shakes!

Cath

I have never heard of this.

I also drink soya milk, although weeks away don't want to slow the weight down!

Does anybody know the reasoning behind it?

"Does anybody know the reasoning behind it?"

Possibly to kick start the metabolism again, not sure though. I doubt I will be following that advice if I ever get it. There are other ways to increase calorie intake to 1000 while still maintaining ketosis and I am pretty sure that drinking that quantity of milk will knock me out.

My next meet isn't til Monday, but I am not going to be drinking milk! I will add a pure carbless protein portion into my day (chicken breast or fish fillet)- I know LL is supposed to be about complete abstinence from food, but this milk directive seems like a knee jerk reaction to the NICE guidelines- I am sure once LL HQ have a chance to think about it they will come up with a plan that allows us to stay in ketosis- imagine going back to those feelings from week 1- no not ever!! Anyway milk is food- if it was just about liquids why couldn't we have two or three tins of weight watchers soup every day- its all about the carbs baby.
Kx
PS and if my LLC doesn't like it I'll buy my shakes off ebay! So there!!

You don't need to have chicken or fish if you are concerned about keeping to the food abstinence plan. Health food shops and good old Ebay sell Whey protein powder (Isolate is the best) that you can mix as a shake and add calories (approx 125-150 per serving), but very little carbohydrates and no sugar.

Many of these protein mixes have considerably less carbs than even LL's own shake mixes and bars so there should be no danger of coming out of ketosis.

adding milk no way!

Hi, who is going to know if we add milk to our shakes??
im going to keep going the way i am know one will know, it has'nt harmed people before who never added the milk so i guess it's our choice... girl's it's about getting our tubby bit's off preferably before summer, and i have 9 more week's to hit maintenance.. no milk is going to stand in my way!!

:p

Hi, who is going to know if we add milk to our shakes??
im going to keep going the way i am know one will know, it has'nt harmed people before who never added the milk so i guess it's our choice... girl's it's about getting our tubby bit's off preferably before summer, and i have 9 more week's to hit maintenance.. no milk is going to stand in my way!!

Angelxx, I so agree! I am only on week 9 now, so have a way to go. I still have about 90lbs to lose, so I guess at least another 5 or 6 months? There is no way in hell I will risk putting myself out of ketosis. If I absolutely have to, I might a bit of chicken done on my George, but if I can get away without changing what I have done for the past 8 weeks, so be it. As you say, I personally know others who have been on this for the long haul, and they are so buoyant and healthy now, and THAT is why we put ourselves through this extreme diet.

After all the nightmare stories about gastric bands etc (which I had considered pre LL) you would think we had taken the lesser of two evils as a path, wouldnt you?

There....rant over. I am waiting to see what my LLC says next week, about all this.....:blahblah::blahblah:

Makes me want to lose the last 2 stones QUICKLY so I won't have to drink the milk. 1.5 litres a day is way too much, IMO!

I wont have any problem drinking that much milk as I truly love the stuff, but I am confused to how a week before the end of the standard 100 days is going to benefit you, surely taking you out of ketosis and then taking you back for a week is just silly, although I know I will be in development for a few months, how on earth are they going to know if you have drunk the milk?

Is this really true? You weren't told on April 1st were you?
I wouldn't mind adding some milk to my tea, can't stand it black, but no way am I doing more than that!

Told my OH about this, and he said much the same as I had thought...If it happens just pay it lip service, and if you lose loads, shrug and smile, but keep quiet!!

I suspect it will a recommendation, rather something that they can enforce, much as the rest of the plan is!

" I suspect it will a recommendation, rather something that they can enforce, much as the rest of the plan is!"

I believe it is just that too, an "official" recommendation to keep the NICE regulators off their back.

We decided in class tonight that we will just nod and pay lip service in class then not drink the milk at all.. we need to keep this up for so many reasons and we know ourselves and our bodies better than anyone else.. so THERE!!! ( hee hee)!!

Back