Milk

I know it might sound a bit grim but I put some of my strawberry shake in my coffee, it made it white and I really couldn't taste the strawberry, just a thought

I also use my vanilla exante shake as a latte, by adding coffee into it.
I found you can also add a few pinches of the vanilla powder into your tea/coffee if you really are struggling.
I found i also learnt to adore the chocolate made into a hot chocolate drink as a replacement to a comforting cuppa.

The way I found around my milky tea craving, was to treat myself to shopping for new and exotic leaf teas (well for me!).

Of course, try to avoid the ones containing fruit or citric acid.
Most supermarkets sell such a wide range of different and yummy smelling teas. I use it as my treat now.

There are a few really great indepth older posts in the forum regarding drinks, teas, additives etc. I found them god sends when I was first starting.

If you type drinks etc, or any other question into the search bar at the top right and unclick google and change it to minimims... its like alibrary of sound advice.

Hey - I've just leapt to the end of this thread, so if this has been said already, just ignore more... but the reason Atkins say no to milk (working on ketosis principles too) is because of the lactose, which knocks you out. Cream isn't as bad (I assume, as it is allowed on Atkins).

I wouldn't recommend adding anything as it becomes easy to start looking at things to cheat with, finding ways to justify things. It's not forever, you just have to do without and think about how fab you are going to look/feel when you reach your goal! Head down, and plough on! :)

Coffee wise, I used to add coffee to my vanilla LL shakes and make a creamy latte type thing, blasted in the microwave. Certainly fills a craving! ;)

A x

Having 200ml of milk on top of Exante has never knocked me out of ketosis...even when doing Atkins it hasn't either. I wouldn't survive without a few cups of tea...it keeps me on the straight and narrow :D

Just rmember the cambridge plans are completely different. SS on cambridge is only 424 calories a day whereas we are already on 600. I sometimes have the tiniest splash of milk in tea but wouldnt have it in that quantity large enough to knock you out of ketosis.

As suggested tho, a spoon of coffee in your vanilla shake is fab and tastes like a really creamy latte (yum)

I'm pretty sure that if the calories total less than 800 then it still counts as a VLCD :confused:

Yeah hun im not saying dont do it, im just sayin remember the difference in the plans. Ultimately its what works for you that matters x

If it keeps you in ketosis and your still losing weight then go for it x

Back