milk

wigglyworm

Silver Member
hi can anybody advise me about having milk in tea /coffee if its skimmed just a dash will it effect me as black tea and coffee isnt working :( leaves a nasty after taste lol :mad: thanks xx

Is it just meant to be black te? Ive been drinking tea with normal milk in. Still been losing weight as well

You are not suppose to have milk at all. You can have milk in the week where you have to have a break.

Black tea and coffee BUT you can use tablet sweetner! I am finding black tea with sweetner is really nice. Black coffee I am used to now! Also you can have peppermint tea, green tea, redbush tea and earl grey. Anything that is from a leaf- so no fruit teas or anything "with honey".

If you still cannot stand it try Buillon. You can have two teaspoons of that a day and it makes a lovely savoury drink!

Jem x

i still have a dash in my tea and have lost 10lb in first week i have tried black tea and coffee and it makes me heave hope this helps

I have always had 2 mugs of coffee a day with a dash of skimmed milk in, cannot face the day without coffee and cannot drink it black, then I stick to black tea for the rest of the day x

thanks for your replys ladies :D do you think coffee mate will be better or worse than milk lol xx

I was wondering the same thing myself Clair. It's the no1 thing that bothers me...no milk in my first morning coffee :(

Here's the nutritional content of original coffee mate
Serving size 1 tsp= 2grams
Calories = 10
Calories from fat = 6g
% of daily value
Total fat = 0.7g 1%
Saturated fat =0.7 g 3%
Trans fat = 0g 0%
Cholesterol = 0g 0%
Sodium = 0g 0%
Total carbohydrates = 0.7 g 0%
Protein = 0g 0%

Seems like there's not a lot in there if you only add to one or two cups daily but I'm no expert. Carb content is low :)

And here is for 1% fat milk (skimmed) to see the difference and compare.
Serving size 244g a cup full

Calories = 102 daily %
Calories from fat = 21
Total fat = 2g 4%
saturated fat =2g 8%
trans fat = 0g 0
Cholesterol = 12mg 4%
sodium = 107mg 4%
total carbohydrate = 13g 4%
of which is dietry fibre 0
of which sugars 13g
protein = 8g
Vit A 10%
Calcium 29%

I found them on nutritiondata.self.com

Using milk with exante diet affects everyone differently. For some people it knocks them out of ketosis and makes them feel hungry. I drink lots of black coffee but mid afternoon when I feel completely empty, a black coffee doesn't agree with me so I have a cup of tea with semi skimmmed milk each day. I can also get away with one skinny latte per week (my treat). I think it's a case of trial and error to find out what works for you.

Back