MiM's & flaxseed recipes

yeah nice thought though, do like a chilli must give it a go soon

in the old el paso i didnt notice any, there are lumcp, but all the carbs are counted so i didnt think to notice :D

SALAD SANDWICH

This is very easy to make and very tasty, too.

Similar to the toasted cheese sandwich recipe - I made a thinner MIM mixture, with a little garlic salt and pepper added to the mix. One egg per two MIMs with extra water added. I then used a rectangular microwave dish lid, and made a slice of 'bread'. Popped it off to cool and then made another identical slice.

I then filled this sandwich with fresh salad leaves - (lettuce, baby spinach, etc), one sliced cherry tomato, and a bit of garlic youghourt dressing. MMMMM.

This is very adaptable so you could really fill the sandwich 'bread' with just about anything Atkins-friendly. The lighter MIM mixture makes for a better texture. Now that summer is coming we need to find more interesting and tasty ways to get those salad veg down us!

**STOP PRESS**

I just ate one with a fried egg and fried mushrooms inside. Bliss.

Last edited:
For the first time since I started Atkins had a big chocolate craving last night, so I made a chocolate MIM, made the normal way, but with 2 tsp cocoa powder, tsp vanilla, and a bit of single cream (just a dash). It came out lovely and cakey like, but could have used and extra splenda. Made enough for 2, nuked it in a bowl.

Lovely, will try it with philly frosting next time

x

For the first time since I started Atkins had a big chocolate craving last night, so I made a chocolate MIM, made the normal way, but with 2 tsp cocoa powder, tsp vanilla, and a bit of single cream (just a dash). It came out lovely and cakey like, but could have used and extra splenda. Made enough for 2, nuked it in a bowl.

Lovely, will try it with philly frosting next time

x

Yep my all-time favourite MIM - rich chocolate. Vanilla cream cheese frosting, and all!

I used to make key lime flavoured frosting with a wee bottle of stuff bought on eBay. Was expensive but delicious (Lora ann flavourings, or some such name?). I must get more of that!

Steph, i found the philly frosting a bit too cheesy so i whisk double cream with an electric whisk until really stiff, add a little cocoa powder and put on top of your mim. Mmm mmm mmmmmm. Because you cant just whisk a little bit you make enough to keep in the fridge for more mims.

I've got quite a bit of double cream left over so I'm going to try this I think... sounds yum!

i only have a balloon whisk so i pour a little double cream in a mug and then whisk it up in there by rubbing my hands together, almost, with the whisk in the middle, thickens in about 30 seconds!

and you only whisk what is needed :D

Can we use ground ginger as if so if you put ginger and cinammon in a MIM recipe it would make nice gingerbread I think x

With the MIMs i know it says 1/4 cup. but does anyone know proper measurements (lol - i.e grams mils etc) ??

ok :D thanks

Made a Marmite MIM last night in a square lunch box so I could slice it and toast it, then put a little grated cheese on and put under the grill,... talk about LUSH!!!

I just replaced the cinammon and splenda with a tsp of marmite x

Could definately get used to them, they just seem too good to be true on a "diet"!

whats the best cocoa powder to use in MIMs etc? low carb?

Back