MiM's & flaxseed recipes

Thought I'd bump up this thread for our newbies. x

Oh Ditzee, I'm so glad you did! I've just had my first one, sliced with butter & marmite. FAB-U-LUS!! :)

I only used half the sweetner, but I don't think I'll bother next time, I'll add a little salt instead.

I'm going to do it flatter to toast with marmite & cheese on, my DH will love me forever :)

Not nice, I know, but the MIM has triggered my IBS. Since starting this diet my tummy has been perfect, but within an hour the usual symptoms started & it's still 'not right' this morning. Usually I get this reaction from bread & pasta. Has anyone else ever had this problem or am I just a freak? :)

A peed off Sharon :(

Having read the packet, I think high fibre must trigger my IBS. 30 bl**dly years I've been having fibre hoping to stop it!! GRRRRR

Thanks to Atkins, I know what it is now :)

I had a MIM this morning with peanunt butter... mmmmmmmmm!

Why have i only just found this thread? There are some wonderful ideas on here. I havent tried a mim yes as im worried i'll become addicted or worse still get my cravings back for bread. But how can i not try them now? My shopping list is getting bigger by the minute

Oops forgot to say i had the idea of a little grated atkins chocolate bar on top of frosting if you really want a sweet one. And Linz once again......your a star. Thanks

I make the rich chocolate MIM with pure cocoa powder and granulated sweetener. Unsweetened cocoa counts as a spice. I use one egg per two MIMs and add extra water and a bit of cream to improve the texture. It comes out more like a cake.

On this way of eating we need NEVER feel deprived lol.

I am mad about the rich chocolate MIM! I mix cream cheese, usually philadelphia original, with granulated or liquid sweetener and a bit of vanilla flavouring. OMG what bliss. Use as 'frosting' on top or in the middle, or both!

Thanks GG. xx

this might be a stupid question, but does a MIM have to be eaten straight away or would it stay ok for an hour or so on the way to work?

I LOVE this diet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is the recipe on the recipe thread?
Thanks

EGG AND SAUSAGE MCMUFFINS

Makes 12 muffins
(per muffin: 1g carb)

Great for on the go, make sure you use low carb sausages, you can also add sauteed mushrooms or onions to the mix.

These muffins can be frozen & reheated in the microwave.

455g sausages
12 large eggs
120ml whipping cream
120ml water
1/4tsp sea salt
170g grated cheddar

Preheat the oven to 180c. Coat a 12 muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.

Remove the sausage meat from the casings & crumble the meat into a large frying pan. Cook over a medium heat, stiring to break up the pieces, for 5 mins, or until browned. Divide meat evenly amoung the muffin cups.

In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, water & salt. Pour over the sausages & top with cheese.

Bake for 20-30 mins until the eggs are cooked thru. Cool slightly & remove from the tins.

Enjoy.... they are delish. xxx

My goodness, you are fabulous!
Thanks so much xxx

OMG just tried the cinnamon one on page one, made it extra special with a little cream and these are just delish.
*jumps up and down like an excited toddler*
Can't believe i've lived without these.

HELP. How "stiff" do the egg whites need to be for oopsies? Im trying to make them now and can only get them to peak but i cant hold the bowl over my head.

Back