Mims weight loss journey

Ok very quick update as i have a stresshead on about work and a big meeting tomorrow. Lost 1.5lb this week. Not bad going. Pleased im getting there. Almost at goal 2lb to go. Got all the new propoint stuff. Looks much more complicated but i'll look at it tomorrow properly when ive calmed down. And i know its going to be a bad week as going out friday and spending a few days at home next week. Ah well onwards and upwards. Will come back in a better mood another night :mad:

Ok ok was in a foul mood last night had a big meeting today which decided if id progressed enough to carry on for a 3rd year and luckily i have :D tonight obviously wanted to celebrate and totting up my propoints for the day and choosing wisely i have enough points for dinner and now have started on wine. I was within my daily points until this glass but now into my weekly points. But have to say im loving the safety net that is the weekly allowance!!! And off out tomorrow night too and still have some left for that as well. Really liking it at the moment although i guess the scales will tell next week :D

Another week gone and another 1.5lbs gone :D So this new weightwatchers plan seems to have worked its magic. Considering i know i didnt eat particularly well all week but because the new plan includes extra points to spend on treats i didnt go over my daily or weekly points and i still managed to loose. Means im 0.5lbs off my goal weight now though which is exciting and also frustrating. The scales were flickering between 10 and 10.05 and she put it down as 10.05 this week. Fingers crossed in a weeks time i'll be there. Then it will be a case of slowing the loosing down to a steady weight. Ive also had so many compliments on my weight this week. My family were impressed how good i look, a friend mentioned it and my leader at weightwatchers also said you could really notice it and i looked fantastic. Im very pleased with myself at the moment. Today hasnt been the best day because i forgot my lunch and had to get a sandwich from the shop which was a ridiculous number of points but and ive eaten a hell of a lot of bread today but hopefully tomorrow i'll be back on track and set for my gold next wednesday :D

Wow, you're so close! Well done babes!!
Have an icon to celebrate (saw yours and knew I had one similar somewhere)
maketeanotwar.jpg

Ooooh thankyou!

Yep im almost there! Sneakily weighed myself earlier and am below 10st! But we'll see what the official weigh in on wednesday brings but its looking good. Am off out for dinner tomorrow so may go down hill by that point! So pleased to be almost there and have had so many compliments of late. Makes it all worthwhile in the end :D

And yesterday i decided to treat myself to a new coat. I have had my eye on it for a while and i needed a winter coat because last time i went home my mother kept telling me mine was hanging off me. So i went out and i got a new coat, a size smaller than i was and looks fantastic on. Not the kind of coat i could have ever got away with before. Such a happy moment. And had the shops not decided that if you're short like me you arent allowed new jeans i would have brought jeans too. The only ones i could find were skinny jeans (and i may have lost weight but i will never be a skinny jeans person my legs are quite muscley from walking) or too long for me. Will have to keep up the search for short jeans.

Last edited:
Ooo congrats on the coat! I tried on loads yesterday but I couldnt find any I liked, so I ended up just moving the buttons on the one I've got, lol.Have you tried asda or somewhere like that? New look? They often do different lengths in their jeans.
Hope tomorrow's weigh in goes well :)

Its been years since i saw a coat i like so am very happy with it! I've tried everywhere i can think of for jeans, unfortunately i usually have to buy expensive ones in next or places like that because the short sizes in most shops arent short enough!!! I got a pair in sainsburys last night which are ok but not quite what i wanted. But on the plus side have gone down a size :D

On the bad side we went out last night for chinese and i had rather a lot of beer. So im no longer so sure the weigh ins going to go that well but we'll see what tomorrow brings!!!

And im there!! Goal weight reached!!! I only lost 0.5lbs this week but i reached my goal. Im so pleased! Id still like a couple more pounds off but im so happy to have got there. So i got my little certificate and keyring from the meeting tonight and lots of congratulations. And told to add another 3 points to my daily allowance which seems a lot! But im going to try so i can maintain my weight. Really am happy.

Aw that's amazing!!! Well done!! You must feel brilliant!
And yay on going down a size, that's always a great feeling.
Seriously, try asda (I'm a bit of an asda addict being the skint student that I am) but they have a great petit section for clothes, for 5'3 and under.

Congrats again :)

Thanks i am extremely pleased! Its a lovely feeling! I will try asda again when i get paid on wednesday! Went there a couple of weeks ago and nothing i really liked but they might have new stuff in by now!

Well my first week of maintaining......and i've lost 1.5lb. How did that happen? I ate every single point this week! Daily+my extra 3 per day and my weekly points!!!! I feel like all ive done is eat this week and still i managed to loose. Dont get me wrong im not complaining and im still above my healthy BMI so its not like its going to do me any harm loosing more but still would like to learn to maintain it! My leader was a bit funny about it. Told me to add another 3 points next week to curb the weight loss. So we'll see what happens this week.

Might just be a random loss, I seem to get those, where I have a week of eating crap non-stop and still manage to lose a lb. I'm sure you'll start maintaining soon, just give your body time to catch up with the latest change of pace, lol.
Hope you have a good weekend.

Might just be a random loss, I seem to get those, where I have a week of eating crap non-stop and still manage to lose a lb. I'm sure you'll start maintaining soon, just give your body time to catch up with the latest change of pace, lol.
Hope you have a good weekend.

Thanks for the encouraging words. Yep it might have been my body catching up only lost 0.5lb the week before when i was good. I've been on a bit of a downward spiral the last few days, havent been tracking, have been eating anything and everything and just havent been good. But im trying to get back on track today. My friend thinks im now out to make sure i dont loose again this week so i can say told you so to myself. We'll see. Hopefully be back on track tomorrow though.

Well another week and i kind of lost all hope this week. Gave up tracking, ate appaulingly and just had enough. And this week i stay the same! I seriously ate wayyyyy too much and absolute rubbish and i stay the same. This just doesnt seem right. But well we'll have to see. Im going to get back on the wagon tomorrow and positivity will come back again :D

Well another week and another 0.5lb off. Desperately trying to kerb the loosing but doesnt seem to be working. I've eaten a lot of rubbish this last week and im on a lot of points now but i cant seem to kerb it!!! Oh well its christmas now so hopefully it'll even out over the next couple of weeks! Merry christmas one and all

Well happy new year. And another weigh in. And another 1lb off. I do not know how this has happened. I ate badly over christmas, i put on 5lb when i got back and then lost all motivation so ate appaulingly. Then i got back on track and have eaten all of my points, went over 3 days as well. And i still lost 1lb, on top of the 5 id put on. i do not know what else to do now. My weight should have started to stabilise now. I know i shouldnt stress about it because that wont help. Im happy the weight i am now, im very chuffed at how far ive come and short of going back to eating the way i used to i dont know what else to do. My leader has suggested fruit juice this week, its points, its not food so i wont feel im stuffing myself and it tastes good so i'll give it a try. Fingers crossed we reach a stable weight soon.

Wow was it really January when i last checked into my diary? Where does the time go. Well i am happy to say i am today still at exactly 10stone. That was my goal weight and although in the last month or so i had noticed my jeans were much tighter and i was actually at 10st 4lb a couple of weeks ago but i tracked religiously this week just to try and get a hold on my weight again and its worked. Id still like to get back to the 9st 8lb i was at when i was at my lightest. But it has done wonders for my confidence even being a bit lighter. Im struggling with my portion sizes creeping up again and snacking constantly (hence having put on and having to try and cut back again) but i am still on track. And hopefully in the next few weeks will be so busy i wont have time to snack so much. Distraction is the key.

This week saw another momentus occassion for me as i brought myself a pair of shorts. Now to a lot of people this would sound like a small thing but i have not owned a pair of shorts since they stopped making us wear them for PE at school and let me wear trousers. I do not like my legs. My legs and my bum are where i keep most of my weight (well there and my pot belly lol). But i decided i was being stupid and although the shorts i have brought are very long, come over my knees but they are still shorts. And i have worn them out in public (admitedly not in front of anyone i knew but thats another step) and noone ran screaming from me or hid from the whiteness of them! It was a big moment for me and i will attempt to wear them more often.

Have started swimming more regularly. Im not a strong swimmer but i do enjoy it and have been 5 times in the last 8 weeks, not great but was abroad for 2 of those weeks and with easter holidays pool would have been overrun not done too bad. I dont swim for long and im not particularly quick (although am out of breath within seconds) but i manage 1/2 mile every time i go and is better than no excercise.

So there we go have been up to a fair amount and i will loose those pesky few lbs which have crept on recently :D

And tomorrow is a new day. For a few weeks now i've been aware ive put on some weight again. I've been trying to get back on track and lost a couple of pounds (am about 6-8lb over my goal weight now) but the last 3 days have been disastorous. Brought unhealthy (and expensive) sandwiches. But not just that id buy crisps too. Not tracked anything and eaten everything in sight. Then i sit there feeling rubbish because my jeans are tight again. Its ridiculous. So im giving myself a kick up the backside and will be writing every day to make sure i keep on track! Tomorrow is a saturday which could be disastorous because it means a lot of sitting around at home but we'll see.

Not a bad day so far. Food wise have kept within my points (well i will have dinner is still cooking). Having thai green curry for tea which is something i havent tried before so could be interesting. Feeling a little better about things today. Been feeling a bit down because of the stress of 6 weeks until i hand in my phd but i am determined i will shift these few pounds. Hopefully within next few weeks too because want to look my best at a concert we have on 19th November. 6lb in 4 weeks is a good amount to loose so maybe that will spur me on :D

Back