MiM's

Where abouts in the supermarket will this flax stuff be please x

Laura I get my flaxseed from Tesco, the brand is Linusit Organic Milled Flaxseed 300g costs a little over £4.00 (sorry cant remember exactly) but its soooooooo worth it! x

British Claire, I know what you mean about the eggy flavour for savoury MIM's, I have played around with the recipe and the spices definately do the trick to mask the egg flavour. Having a spicy chilli 'tortilla' MIM tomorrow, i'll let you know how I get on x

Those do sound interesting. I may have to rustle up a curry although Ive never made curry without tomatoes. Need to have a look for a decent recipe methinks.

Hi Claire, I am using the same flax brand from Tesco as you and still enjoying good weekly loses, it's not affected ketosis for me.

I love experimenting, your right the possibilities are endless!! My latest adaptation is MIM 'naan' bread:-

1/4 cup flaxmeal
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 large egg
2 teaspoons butter
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 teaspoon tandoori masala powder
pinch garlic powder
1/4 cup chopped fresh corriander

Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl, stir well, then add butter and egg. Microwave for 2 mins (depending on your oven output). Leave to cool, then sprinkle on some cold water and bake in the oven until crisp (10 mins fan assisted 160 degrees). Im trying to achieve a crispy texture rather than bread. Enjoy with Jim's fabulous curry recipe!

Quantities can be adjusted to suit any tastes, you just have to be brave!! x

Will have to try that, sounds yummy

Those do sound interesting. I may have to rustle up a curry although Ive never made curry without tomatoes. Need to have a look for a decent recipe methinks.

There's quite a few curry recipes on here i think, i'm going to try the thai green curry tomorrow!

I make my MIM in a old steam pudding plastic bowl(from the bad ole days)lol
When it comes out the microwave i tip it out and slice it across to make 2 rounds, I then pop it in the toaster and serve up as a bacon amd egg butty..yum

This is my bacon butty

Attachments

• image-3324351886.jpg
    image-3324351886.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 72
wow! your butty looks amazing! I think my mims come out about 1/2 the size of that, but I use (out of date) bicarb not baking soda so maybe that's why.

can someone please help me, I'm going mad! I want a recipe for a chocolate mim. With grams or ounces. I've been searching the mim recipe thread and just getting more and more frustrated. There's pages and pages at this rate I'll be here all night searching...please help :-( xx

can someone please help me, I'm going mad! I want a recipe for a chocolate mim. With grams or ounces. I've been searching the mim recipe thread and just getting more and more frustrated. There's pages and pages at this rate I'll be here all night searching...please help :-( xx

Page 1 - post number 2 on the MIM thread - just substitute the cinnamon with a low carb cocoa like green and blacks or bournville or just add it to the recipe if you like both et voila!

Hi Claire, I am using the same flax brand from Tesco as you and still enjoying good weekly loses, it's not affected ketosis for me.

I love experimenting, your right the possibilities are endless!! My latest adaptation is MIM 'naan' bread:-

1/4 cup flaxmeal
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 large egg
2 teaspoons butter
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 teaspoon tandoori masala powder
pinch garlic powder
1/4 cup chopped fresh corriander

Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl, stir well, then add butter and egg. Microwave for 2 mins (depending on your oven output). Leave to cool, then sprinkle on some cold water and bake in the oven until crisp (10 mins fan assisted 160 degrees). Im trying to achieve a crispy texture rather than bread. Enjoy with Jim's fabulous curry recipe!

Quantities can be adjusted to suit any tastes, you just have to be brave!! x

Lovely recipe... but can I ask a favour please, can you add any MiM recipes to the MiM thread or they'll be lost & it would be a shame that they're not available to everyone. Will post this fab one over there now. xx

Sorry x

Im working on a few more MIM variations, so I will post them there if they are a success!

Back