Attack Mindless mistake!

Hiya Cara!!!

I can't believe I've found you. I've literally just posted to see if I can find anyone who started on Monday, and here you are!
I've lost 3 lbs too- how exciting!!!

Obviously I'm no expert- Day 3 of Attack myself. But I HAVE done the reading.

Blueberries aren't "allowed"- we already know that. But they're tiny, and you had 4 and its 7am. I reckon just carry on as usual, make sure you do the 20 minute walk and you'll be fine. To be fair its not like you accidentally stuffed a bar of galaxy, is it now.

Dukan says:-

"You can abandon the diet, sink into complacency and succumb to compulsive behaviour patterns but with a deep sense of failure which means you quickly put the pounds back on, going far beyond what you started with..."

OR

"You can get back on track..... going back to the Attack diet and sticking with it"

To be fair- he is talking about what happens if you come off the track after losing 20lbs but I think the message is clear. There's no point writing off the whole day ( I soo easily do that- "I've ruined it now, well, might aswell have what I want" and gorge on pizzah, chocolate the lot.

Its just 4 blueberries.

Go eat some low fat yoghurt and a boiled egg- that should do the trick.

Hope you have a fab day Cara- good luck!!! :)

Just continue as usual with the Attack.
It will not affect your weight loss.
So, continue with the attack like nothing happened.

I was cooking pasta bolognese for a friend (I was just having the bolognese) and i popped a piece of pasta in my mouth to test if it was ready! Was quite funny and didn't make me feel deprived when she sat and ate it in front of me.

i did this yesterday i was cooking rice for my kids and i tried it to see if it was ready, used to love rice but it did not bother me one bit when they were eating it

kimberleycandukan said:
Hiya Cara!!!

I can't believe I've found you. I've literally just posted to see if I can find anyone who started on Monday, and here you are!
I've lost 3 lbs too- how exciting!!!

Obviously I'm no expert- Day 3 of Attack myself. But I HAVE done the reading.

Blueberries aren't "allowed"- we already know that. But they're tiny, and you had 4 and its 7am. I reckon just carry on as usual, make sure you do the 20 minute walk and you'll be fine. To be fair its not like you accidentally stuffed a bar of galaxy, is it now.

Dukan says:-

"You can abandon the diet, sink into complacency and succumb to compulsive behaviour patterns but with a deep sense of failure which means you quickly put the pounds back on, going far beyond what you started with..."

OR

"You can get back on track..... going back to the Attack diet and sticking with it"

To be fair- he is talking about what happens if you come off the track after losing 20lbs but I think the message is clear. There's no point writing off the whole day ( I soo easily do that- "I've ruined it now, well, might aswell have what I want" and gorge on pizzah, chocolate the lot.

Its just 4 blueberries.

Go eat some low fat yoghurt and a boiled egg- that should do the trick.

Hope you have a fab day Cara- good luck!!! :)

Hia Kim! How is your day going so far? Glad u found me! We can keep each other on track!! :) x

hiya

Im a 21 year old student who started the attack phase today.... really happy to see others who have started at a similar time to me- hopefully we can support eachother with handy tips and advice cuz it can be hard to get that encouragement from friends (maybe it's just the nature of my age group but they are not all that supportive in weight loss)

How are you all finding it so far? any tips?

also, does anyone know- can you have skimmed milk with sweetners in the attack phase? and can you have a low fat yogart whenever you want or is there a restriction?

x

Yeah you can have skimmed milk an sweeteners. The best yoghurts to have are 0% fat and sugar (ie total 0%) then use sweetener to sweeten up! Some folk use flavourings too!

Good luck...I'm only a tad older at 23! X

Bad morning Cara.
Well good. I don't know- my idea of good and bad is a tad confused at this stage

Loss of 0.6lb this morning. I know a loss is a loss and I'd have fab advice and support to give if someone else achieved that- but you're always harder on yourself and I felt it should be more than that.

Hope you're happier with your loss today! :)

thats a pretty good loss- especially in the context of a week- imagine losing just over half a pound every day for the week- you'de have nearly 4lb lost each week!!!!
so well done you!!! :)

I felt a bit like i was cheating today cuz although i ate all my protein, i also had a packet of crab sticks, 1 frozen muller light yogart (is this ok in the attack phase?!!) and 1 egg yolk in my scrambled egg (the rest was egg white with skimmed milk) and about 500ml of skimmed milk with sweeter and cinamon (really soothing drink- would recommend it!!) I just hope the scales say i have lost weight tomorrow morning!!

what sort of food are you guys eating to get you through the attack phase?!!?

x

Thanks so much "thebestme"! Another 0.4lb today so I guess you're right it does all add up.

I personally don't think you are "cheating" if you are then I'm doing something terribly wrong but still loss 4lbs in 4 days of Attack because your list is all Ive eaten for attack. I've read the book over and over and think the following is correct:-

Crabsticks are encouraged for snacking on by Dukan. They do have some sugar and carbs in but he says that this is starch which can be tolerated because of its other qualities (low fat; practical)
Muller light- not sure. Know we're allowed 0% fat yoghurt. I expect muller light is very low fat and I have seen other posts on the form which say freezing is the way forward.
1 egg yolk- perfectly acceptable! He mentions yolk a lot because of the possible link with cholesterol. I dont have problems with that, and haven't been skimping on yolks.
skimmed milk- an extra that he also mentions is allowed. I'm not sure of the protein content in this, compared to other foods on the list, and personally wouldn't rely on it as a snack that would help in the attack phase. By "help" I mean add to my protein source. If it means that you're not eating cake then it is helping, isnt it!

Good luck doll!!

ah cheers kimberley!! thanks for filling me in on what you know about my food list- im not as clued up about the correct food list yet cuz im still waiting for my dukan book to arrive so im just going by recipes people have recommended. I'll be finished my attack phase by tomorrow anyway so onto cruise phase from sunday onwards. Bit apprehensive but as far as I can ascertain, the only big difference is the addition of unlimited veg (not carby veg like potatoes though) and a higher daily allowance of oat bran. When are you starting the cruise phase?

Also I notice that we have similar-ish weight loss targets :) just wondering if you have ever got to your goal weight before and if you've had any trouble maintaining? I've been at 9.2lb lowest so I'm a bit worried that my body will just try to hold onto the weight. I cant wait to be slimmer though- been a big aim for years now and I always feel so close yet so far!

ooh- thought I best let you know "thebestme"- Someone told me on another thread that Dukan says only 4 crabsticks a day, because of the starch. Shame as I've eaten 32 in 5 days. lol.

Don't think I've ever had a goal weight like this before to be honest. Think as an adult the least I've weighed is 9 stone -ish. This was my personal goal this time round actually- to get to 9, but Dukan said my true weight is 8 and a half.
I don't think 8st7 will be possible. Not in a negative way- just in a - its not me way. At 9 stone I was a healthy size 10. An 8 wouldn't suit me or my personality if you know what I mean. God- I'm being positive thinking I'd ever get to that.
My friend recently lost a lot of weight and is 9 stone 3. Thing is she's only 2-3inches taller than me, and personally I think she looks too thin- like underweight. She told me that for her height and whatnot she's supposed to be like 8st11 - but it just wouldn't be healthy- in my opinion.
Sooo...in conclusion- I'd like to be a healthy and happy 9 stone, anything else is a bonus- but if I lose my bum and giggle then I'm definitely not going to keep going til my "true weight".
Started Cruise yesterday- was really good! And still lost 0.2lbs this morn. Thought I would stay the same or put on, so I'm really pleased :)
Hows yours going?

And Cara- my Dukan buddy- hows it going?!

kimberleycandukan said:
ooh- thought I best let you know "thebestme"- Someone told me on another thread that Dukan says only 4 crabsticks a day, because of the starch. Shame as I've eaten 32 in 5 days. lol.

Don't think I've ever had a goal weight like this before to be honest. Think as an adult the least I've weighed is 9 stone -ish. This was my personal goal this time round actually- to get to 9, but Dukan said my true weight is 8 and a half.
I don't think 8st7 will be possible. Not in a negative way- just in a - its not me way. At 9 stone I was a healthy size 10. An 8 wouldn't suit me or my personality if you know what I mean. God- I'm being positive thinking I'd ever get to that.
My friend recently lost a lot of weight and is 9 stone 3. Thing is she's only 2-3inches taller than me, and personally I think she looks too thin- like underweight. She told me that for her height and whatnot she's supposed to be like 8st11 - but it just wouldn't be healthy- in my opinion.
Sooo...in conclusion- I'd like to be a healthy and happy 9 stone, anything else is a bonus- but if I lose my bum and giggle then I'm definitely not going to keep going til my "true weight".
Started Cruise yesterday- was really good! And still lost 0.2lbs this morn. Thought I would stay the same or put on, so I'm really pleased :)
Hows yours going?

And Cara- my Dukan buddy- hows it going?!

I think its 8 per day for crab sticks. I don't eat them but I've tried to find out looking back at threads, can't find that info but 99% sure x

I think its 8 per day for crab sticks. I don't eat them but I've tried to find out looking back at threads, can't find that info but 99% sure x

even better sididd- especially as they're not making me gag anymore (was sick of them in the first couple of days)

8 is the max but try not to rely on them as they are high in sugar etc... the ones the dr talks about in the book will be in france and totally different ;)

Back