Minerva's corner...

Way to go, Minerva! :woohoo:

First of all.. I found a nice article with lots of evidence based research supporting IF : https://authoritynutrition.com/10-health-benefits-of-intermittent-fasting/ it's a nice read generally. :) Though as a female I guess I've got to keep an eye on it a little bit, maybe?

And second of all... if I ever got brave enough to go swimming... I so want this top D: I'd buy a black swimming skirt for the bottoms though cause I hate my thighs with a passion, but the top... is so nice. O_O The pattern is a bit odd, but the style is pretty.
https://www.disturbia.co.uk/products/swimwear/esoteric-swim-top

And also! 10st 13.8 this morning :D So nice to see the next stone bracket on the scales, even if it's minimally in there :D

Hey, that is a nice top. :D I'm not brave enough to go swimming either... though maybe I would if I could wear a full body diving suit or something, haha!

Also, way to go! You're doing great!

STS for me this week, but calories last week were on the higher end of the diet range - sort of at 1200 with one 'off' day, and my TOTM has started this week, so I didn't expect a loss on the scales. :) So I'm plodding along, being as 'good' as I can. Having the weekend off for a BBQ though! :D
Luckily my OH is going on a strict diet starting in September, so there will be less temptations around as well, should help me a little bit hopefully!

I've been MIA over the summer somewhat and my eating was not good :rolleyes: Having free time is like the weekend syndrome, except every day, it's hard to focus on a diet somehow when there's no routine! BUT, I will attempt (yet again) to start to diet in Monday as I'll be back at Uni so we'll see how it goes! Plus having no kitchen for a month hasn't been fun at all. :p It's nearly complete though which is so good. It's beautiful! :D

Even with my awful eating I haven't actually gained much at all. I'd say it's still very much in the norms - the lowest I saw on the scales during the summer was 10 st 13.8 or something - and that was at the lowest 'water weight' threshold... This morning it was 11st 6lb, so I'm pretty confident those 6lbs are just the normal water and would be gone after about a week of strict dieting. So in that way - I haven't really gained as such - hence I'm not freaking out about it at all. If anything I'd call that maintenance. Surprising with the junk I'd eaten, but I'm not gonna complain. Means my metabolism isn't so bad after all. :)

Hope everyone is doing well xx

I was mia over the summer too....
But back to it now. Just want to lose the stone I put on and then maintain. Weighing regularly and trying to maintain what I've lost is always my weak spot, as losing weight I've done countless times

Biggest weight= 18.4
Weight sept 15= 17.10
Weight this sept 16= 16.0

Want to get down to 14 by Christmas , but would be happy to be 14.7 by First week Jan (after the splurge).

Last edited:
Wishing you luck with it Angie! We can do this! :D

Right, I think I'm on day 3 today, I started on Tuesday, because ... reasons. :p So my aim is to do 20 100% days at a time, then have a day off, then start 20 days again. Sort of breaks it down and it won't seem so awful... Hopefully. :) I'm going to do 1200 calories per day or less to count it as a 100% day, doesn't matter *too* much what I eat, but will steer clear of bread and sugary things on the most part as they're my weaknesses! I guess I'd like to lose about a stone and a half at this point, and reassess when and if I get there. :) It definitely gets harder to diet the closer to goal you get! I'll mix in a few VLCD days in there as well, but mostly sticking to real food in the form of protein and vegetables. :)

2/20 100% so far ^.^

Last edited:
Hey Minerva :) Well done on 3 successful days! I'm STILL not managing to get my head back in the game.... not sure why, just start off with good intentions then it seems to go downhill :(

Think it's a great idea to take little breaks every 20 days! Breaks things up a bit. Should also make things easier now you've got a kitchen I expect!! Speaking of which, do you have any pics?? Would love too see what it looks like finished (I'm nosy, haha).

Hope your week back at uni's going well!

xx

Hi how's it going today ?
Day 3 for me Urghhhh x

Well... I've been around, but I guess I fell into the old ways a bit. STILL. It's not all lost, I am still a stone lighter than I was this time last year, so that's good. :) I was putting off posting here because I was a bit ashamed, but at the same time I've not been feeling well mentally. Anxiety and depression are hard to deal with and unfortunately when they really take hold, dieting becomes that much harder. It still is, but at the end of the day, I've got to sort at least one of these problems out.

I've started up again today, so hopefully I'll have the will to see it through.

Hi Minerva - snap. I fell back in to my old routine and just came back a couple of days ago.

I hope you start to feel better with your anxiety and depression soon, and good luck with the diet.

Hi Minerva, it's great to see you back! Sorry you haven't been feeling well, hope things start to improve soon.

Well done for restarting, you should never feel ashamed. Being a stone lighter than last year is still an achievement :) I've also gained recently but am back on it now xx

Yay thank you both :D I'll check in on your progress soon! We can do this :)

Day 1 went well - but it's always the easiest day. Whenever I tried to diet over the last few months everything usually fell apart by day 3 or 4. If I can make it through the first week though, it should be ok. Wish me luck! :)

You're a sweetheart Mark, thank you :D
<3

My first week wasn't great DIET wise, but I was cutting down, getting myself in the zone as it were, so it's not all bad. Bingeing is a hard habit to break and I didn't give into it. So there's at least that. The scales did go down a little, so I'm not too annoyed. Here's to a better week I hope! :)

Back