Minerva's on a mission!!

80 days! V impressive!! When I read your thread I always feel inspired to do more, to last longer xxx I hope you've a fab day tomorrow in London and have a giggle :)

I know what you mean about the pace :) we're pace sisters ha! The weight loss pace might be slow but on the bright side you don't have to worry about a big danger of dropping weight too fast - loose skin! Also I've decided that another benefit of slow weight loss pace on this kind of strict diet is that it makes you really appreciate how easy it is to put on weight and how much harder it really is to lose it. I know if I was seeing say a 4/5 pound loss every week, I'd be complacent about the whole thing. Dunno if anything I've been saying is making sense - sorry if it isn't! I'm feeling dopey tonight!!!

Hope you sleep well xxx I know I will!!!!!!!!

I love the calmness and wisdom that you're projecting on here Hun! You seem like you're in total control and I admire the fact you are so in touch with your feelings and emotions. I read your diary with great interest and absorb each piece of information in a very constructive way.
Keep up the good work..

80 days! V impressive!! When I read your thread I always feel inspired to do more, to last longer xxx I hope you've a fab day tomorrow in London and have a giggle :)

I know what you mean about the pace :) we're pace sisters ha! The weight loss pace might be slow but on the bright side you don't have to worry about a big danger of dropping weight too fast - loose skin! Also I've decided that another benefit of slow weight loss pace on this kind of strict diet is that it makes you really appreciate how easy it is to put on weight and how much harder it really is to lose it. I know if I was seeing say a 4/5 pound loss every week, I'd be complacent about the whole thing. Dunno if anything I've been saying is making sense - sorry if it isn't! I'm feeling dopey tonight!!!

Hope you sleep well xxx I know I will!!!!!!!!

:hug99: I know you'll get to goal, pretty lady! You really don't have long to go :) !
I do know exactly what you mean about the pace, it makes us appreciate the weight loss more at the end. This long slog will stick with us for life! I wouldn't worry about loose skin if I were you - we're the same age (nearly...), same height and since your highest weight was only 13st 12 - you should be ok! My skin recovered fairly well even from 18st 7 - but it is largely down to genetics too. :)

Lol though - I bet you and I would be over the moon to see the 4-5 lb losses most other people are seeing! Oh I wish!!! Damn genetics messing it all up for us!! :p

I love the calmness and wisdom that you're projecting on here Hun! You seem like you're in total control and I admire the fact you are so in touch with your feelings and emotions. I read your diary with great interest and absorb each piece of information in a very constructive way.
Keep up the good work..

Calmness and wisdom are a ruse to cover up the turmoil :p It's a funny thing this. Some diaries project a sense of calm, but secretly we want to see what would happen should those people fail. Is that a bad thing? Sometimes there's comfort in knowing you're not alone in feeling like throwing in the towel, feeling weak and broken and out of control. There's a sense of ... curiousity over the failure of others. It's human nature.

That's probably one of the most pessimistic things I'll say here at this moment in time, but it's brutal honesty. I like to read through diaries of inspirationally strong people, but I also like to see where things go wrong. It's a learning curve. We can learn from the mistakes of others and feel quietly confident we'll see them coming. At least in theory.

--

Maybe I'm just feeling quite negative today. My OH is a bit distant and we're a bit snappy with each other. Everything feels a bit harder right now. My insecurities about who I am (in real life I'm a total weirdo) and why he puts up with someone like me are flaring up.

Sorry I'll shush now!! This really isn't a good day to be feeling like this. .. ergh.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm just feeling quite negative today. My OH is a bit distant and we're a bit snappy with each other. Everything feels a bit harder right now. My insecurities about who I am (in real life I'm a total weirdo) and why he puts up with someone like me are flaring up.

Sorry I'll shush now!! This really isn't a good day to be feeling like this. .. ergh.

It's ok to feel sensitive or insecure sometimes. It just shows that you're alive. Life is a constant process, a journey full of learning curves.
I for one. After the breakup of my relationship, have lost all my confidence with men. I keep thinking why on earth would anyone want to be with me. I have nothing to offer.
I tend to (or I used to I should say) feel sorry for myself a lot which is weird because I am so not a weak person or a victim.
I think I did that because I needed that comfort. I needed someone to say 'poor you' and because no one did I did it myself. Almost like giving myself an internal hug.
Shame though that never tends to be enough and I also need a lot of 'food hugging' when life gets me down.
You sound like someone strong and level headed enough to be able to recognise and start analysing those 'down' situations straight away whereas I panic and act on impulse.
Either way you are doing amazing. Look how everyone on here admires and looks up to you.
And your OH is with you probably BECAUSE you're a complete weirdo (your words not mine ;)) and not despite :)

Just checking in Minerva :)

sorry not been around much, had a bit of a nightmare here at home. It's done with now but has left me emotionally drained. I've not exactly jumped off the wagon, more of a step off then back on again ;) Had two tiny pieces of pizza earlier - then straight online to see what damage I'd done (lol!). I figure around 400cals & 50+g carbs maximum - so I may be out of ketosis but still below 1,200 cals.

I don't know why I did it, because I don't feel any better for it, and strangely, feel bigger! May not be going to the Hen Do tomo due to the snow (it's in the Peak District, where it's snowed heavily), so I figure the bit of pizza is my treat after nearly 5 weeks on the diet, lol!

How we justify things, eh! ;)

Anyway, hoping you're well?

Sorry my message is quick and a little flippant, just wanted to pop in to say 'hi', as I've not been around much due to being married to a psycho (joking!!).

Enjoy the rest of your evening lovely XXX

Just a quick stop-by... been busy studying today and feeling really rubbish - not entirely sure why.
I'm not ill (don't have any symptoms of a cold), but woke up at 6am this morning feeling like I'm going to throw up? Really out of the blue. (Before anyone jumps to any conclusions - no, not pregnant).

Went out to Central London yesterday, but felt really iffy in my head. ... er. The only thing I ended up having 'off-plan' was a cappuccino (whole milk I think?), was so full after it for the next few hours, I ended up sitting like some sort of reject at the restaurant - didn't eat a single thing there. Came home at 9pm and had my packs instead.
Today hasn't been much better, feel really off - I added extra vegetables to my lunch and dinner packs - I know, nothing extravagant, but still ended up making me feel a little bit ... out of control. Or rather, like I had LESS control than I would like. I wasn't hungry, just WANTED to EAT and forget things.

Resisted OH's attempts to order pizza - he's lovely and we both love food, but I just said no. I have 3 stone to lose and he's dancing around losing his last 1 and a half which would take him a few weeks if he was doing SnS 100%... He's taking it slower now, replacing some meals with packs and having some healthy additions with dinners or having the occasional meal/night out.

Just feel generally sh*t, not sure what's brought it on. I was pretty bouncy before, but it's as if a switch has been flipped and I just want to sleep all the time (I don't though - as I have things to do...).

So, generally, I may not be around for a few days, I hope everyone is doing ok!!! :hug99: Hugs to all of you!!

x

Aww lovely :(

This diet is surely going to cause these sorts of problems. Brain needs food, body needs food. Hardly any food = Weird moods, feelings, depression. Nausea is one of the known side effects, am sure you know that already.

I have had some pretty weird days too - I know it's the diet.

Did you have any symptoms like these when you did it before?

I had some very weird feelings today - had the day off, and went a bit mad (at the hen do) - carbs and cals galore - and I mean I must have eaten my body weight in the stuff as I knew it was my one and only day off. Ever since then, my heart has been palpitating - missing beats - weird! Don't understand that at all.
Will be keeping my eye on it though.

Hope you feel better soon lovely, am here if you need a chat :)

:bighug:

Thanks Nat, Lou, Bee and Slim ... :) I appreciate your support guys!!

I do feel a bit better today. At least I didn't fall off the wagon - the only things I've had out of the ordinary were that cappuccino (on a day I was planning to have off anyway!) and about 150g of raw swede extra. Lol. :rolleyes: Way to go out of control!! Oh my.

The diet can wreak havoc with emotions and how well I feel, I do know that... I usually feel quite foggy and light-headed, I just need to regulate my energy. If I don't have enough energy to be nice to my OH then I have a problem.
I did it wrong last time, I let my weight-loss consume me and I became a bitter, horrible, and over-controlling. I was in constant fog with no energy to even laugh. I CANNOT let that happen again. He doesn't deserve that!!

I'm just finding it harder to let go as time goes on. By let-go I mean, to have a night off, to enjoy myself. I appear to be chained to my wagon and it's a little scary.

Oh well!! Next Monday (1st April) the OH is inviting some friends around for Game of Thrones night! First episode of season 3 comes out, maybe I'll be able to let my hair down a little bit then. :) Here's to hoping!!

Back to university reading I go...! Hope everyone's Sundays are lovely and warm! :bighug:

x

LOL well just as I wrote that ... my OH started his puppy-dog eye look for that pizza he's craving from yesterday... bless him... :) And since the main sentiment of my post stuck with me (make sure OH is happy, no matter what!), I said Ok!

So the idea was either go to the restaurant up the road (the owners are two Italian brothers, they make AMAZING pizza, none of that Domino's/fast-food type greasy stuff. Lovely, fresh dough, thin-crust, fresh toppings...!) ... or the other idea was to make our own! We love cooking together - this isn't really called 'cooking', but he likes putting things together. :)

So we're opting for a healthier - pitta-pizzas. Mix and match our own toppings and that way I know exactly how many calories are in the whole thing :)

So dinner today - the off-plan that moved a few days over, one or two pitta pizzas (some cheese / red pepper / cherry tomatoes + maybe some shredded chicken? Or Tuna? topping) with salad and steamed vegetables. Om-nom!! It's a shame tomorrow's Wi day, but oh well. Life goes on!!

:)

As for off-plan days - I do feel they are important on this diet for health reasons, mental and physical. I know my mood and energy will improve for quite a few days after and fog-brain will lift. :) I need the energy to write this damn essay and the OH is happy... Positives all around.
I also know tomorrow I'll be back 100% on it and that my dinner plans tonight will not be excessive or treated as an excuse to go over-board.

...wow I sound like a control freak. ... rofl. sorry :p

Last edited:
I didn't do badly :) Missed lunch pack and had a measured amount of stuff on my home-made pizzas... Used two Warbuton's Square wraps - put some cheese, tomato paste, cherry tomatoes and ham slices on it... Side of steamed broccoli and salad. De-licious!!

Worked out at less than 1000 calories for the whole day.

Funnily enough I saw looking through my overly detailed logs back when I was calorie counting and I was losing weight faster by having about 1000 calories per day on average with the odd extravagant night out! ... Lol. :rolleyes:

Yeah it doesn't matter what diet you follow - similar results are reported from 800 calorie per day diets to ones that are at about 1200 :D

Oh those home made pizzas sound amazing. I've never been good at calorie counting so I'm going to have to do a whole lot of learning when I come off the program...

Calorie counting is real discipline, you can't 'guess' things, you need to know.. I had to weigh everything. But that did make nights out quite difficult and stressful at times.

I was working on a weekly average system - I knew I had a 'maximum' per day, not to gain weight, and I made sure to never reach it. (So say I budgeted 1500 per day / 10500 calories per week). I always ate BELOW that (so stuck to values between 900-1200). That way, if I had a night out of 2000-2500, the deficit from other days easily covered it. ... I still lost weight which was nice. But it wasn't all that easy, it was a commitment to the numbers to say the least!

:)

You can start getting into the habit even now - by logging packs + vegetables on MyFitness plan, so when you come off the VLCD, logging every meal doesn't feel like a massive chore as you'll be used to it.

x

Back