**Mini Challenge 5th Dec-5th Jan**

Got WI tonight, but really not too bothered now.
Feel happy enough to stay where i am, but moving up the plans from 1200CD to 1500 CD etc, still could drop a pound or two.
Good to see a few new names on this challenge. Did you all see Wannabslim's gaming talent >>> I tried a Pacman game & got nowhere. Gave up:rolleyes:
And Slyvie86's sexy avatar !!!! Is that her after she ends CD???;)
Getting to 9st 10lbs is gonna be my absolute minimum.
This Minimins forum ought to have a section for CD Maintainers, rather than just the Returners or maintainers on other diets. People at the end of CD might appreciate support, maintaining a healthier lifestyle, the same as the support & help found on Minimins whilst doing CD.

Last edited:
Is it too late to join in? Would love to lose 9lbs by Jan 5th. I'm in week three of ss and have lost just over a stone, but know that getting thru Xmas will be a challenge... your stories are so encouraging and make me feel less alone!

Jump on board and good luck for the rest of the challenge.
LellyCD is the one who is the most efficient at updating the list here, so sure she'll add you later today, unless you want to copy and paste the list, adding yourself. Look forward to reading your posts.

Name ------------------Target
Lellycd - lose 4lbs & keep it off by 5th Jan
soontobelittlegem - 14lbs
Smurf - lose 2lbs
Sylvie86 --- 14lbs (lost 5lbs so far)
Trisha -------10lbs
Nibbles ------3lbs and maintain
Tara66 -------9lbs and maintain
Wannabslim -14lbs (10.12)
Katycakes ----- 9lbs

Join in Katycakes all welcome here!! Good luck with those 9lbs!!

efficient updater :rolleyes: eh? its sad really as i've not got anything better to do whilst i'm supposed to be working hee hee!!
xxx

Just had unofficial weigh in as cdc away, lost 1lb,(not surprising as kept picking last week and went out of ketosis) 1 down 9 to go. stuck to diet 100% for last 2 days so hopefully next weeks weigh in should be better as back in ketosis. will be moving up the plans in a couple of days.

Lellycd - lose 4lbs (lost 3lbs so far)
Smurf - lose 2lbs
Trisha -------10lbs (lost 1lb so far)
Nibbles ------3lbs and maintain
Tara66 -------9lbs and maintain
Katycakes ----- 9lbs

Well done trisha on your 1lb off !! that's fab especially if you've picked a bit!!:smiley1842:Hope you have great 100% week!!!

I also had my WI this evening and have lost a further 3lbs!!:23: i'm in shock but sooo chuffed after my last offical weigh-in was sts!! only 1 lb to go for this challenge and i'm definitely going to try for a few more to get under 10st in case i put on a couple over Xmas, not that i intend to over do it, lots of sprouts on the menu and bought enough packs for 3 weeks including 5 bars to keep for nibbling over the festive period!!

xxxx

Thanks guys for letting me join in!!! Think your stories will keep me motivated... bit pre-menstrual just now and would normally be heading for the biscuit tin, but CD seems to have zapped those cravings for now... yay! Don't get weighed till next monday, but it's great to have a target and also some support...

Hi all, everybody is doing really well! I have lost 1lb this week despite 100% but am happy with that as it is TOTM so 5lbs to start eating and 8lbs to final target.

Can't quite decide whether to just carry on until I lose the 8lbs before starting to eat or what. Any thoughts would be appreciated x

Had WI last night and not sure how much of the loss can be put down under this challenge, as the loss was between the 1st of December and the 8th. So how much since the 5th????

Down 3lbs, so weighing in at 9stone 11 pounds.:eek: No wonder the new size 10 work skirt was feeling looser already. Oh well, with Xmas fast approaching, maybe i'll regain a few pounds. Want to buy a gym ball to try and tighten up the tummy, but main problem is the area immediately over my double caesarean scar. Has anyone got any advice, anyone with same scar bulge.??

On 1200CD for one more week then 1500CD.

Morning All!!

quick update -
Smurf - lose 2lbs
Nibbles ------3lbs (Target smashed!!)
Tara66 -------9lbs (lost 1lb so far)
Katycakes ----- 9lbs

wow Nibbles smashed your target already!! :26:you rock at this diet so much!! Know what you mean about the double CS scar, i have exactly the same thing both of my giant babies (both 9.11 plus) :family2:were born by CS and that lovely overhanging belly that was created as a result aint going nowhere!!

Well done tara on your 1lb :23:that's really great especially as it totm too!! any extra loss will show up next week!! Good luck for another fab week 100% week!!

Got dd's 9th birthday today OMG has it been 9 yrs since i've had this jelly belly!!! seems so can't believe how fast it's gone, she's getting so grown up!!

Have a fab day all!!:109:

xxx

Thanks for doing the updating Lelly, happy birthday to your daughter I hope she has a lovely, exciting day x
Ditto Tara66's good wishes and seeing as i won't be there to share the cake, i have treated myself to 3 small Xmas cookies.:eek:

hi lelly , nibbles, and rest of you ladies!! first of all congratulations to all of you on your great weight loss!!!
ive not been well ive had the horrible cough n cold thats going round and the kicked off my fibromyalgia so been out of sorts for a bit!! had wi on monday and lost 2lbs so im really pleased!!
lelly you have me down as wanting to lose 2lbs this month but it should be 12lbs!! you can leave it if you want then that will mean ive already smashed this month challenge!!!
took dad to town yesturday and on the way home i had a panick attack while driving!! my daughter ended up calling the paramedics!! i was sooooo scared i was just glad i had her with me!
anyway thats enough of my babble hope you all are ok....xxxx

had wi on monday and lost 2lbs so im really pleased!!
lelly you have me down as wanting to lose 2lbs this month but it should be 12lbs!! you can leave it if you want then that will mean ive already smashed this month challenge!!!

Well done Smurf, only 10lbs til goal, that'll be your Xmas present or else your New Years start. Such a good feeling isn't it? I am sure i can guess what our New Years resolutions will be.
Sorry to hear you have been poorly and then to suffer a PA!! Hope the paramedics were hunks. Just make sure you get back behind the steering wheel very soon and put it behind you.:grouphugg:

This'll make you chuckle. Got an email from my manager, congratulating me on my approaching 25 year long sevice award in January.
I didn't realize that they do anything. She wrote"The reason I offer you the choice is if it were me I would be wanting full bells and whistles presentation - bless, however, I do appreciate and respect those that would prefer discretion. This occasion is all about you and it is critical that I know how you would like to receive this special award. " So coffee with my manager or a presentation in front of everyone. Such a choice!!! LOL.:8855:

ooooh Nibbles were they yummy, I want some now, its getting a bit hard to resist mince pies now so glad I have this challenge.Congrats on your long service have the full on presentation, you deserve it for staying power!

Really sorry to hear about your panic attack Smurf, glad you had your daughter with you x

Congrats on your long service have the full on presentation, you deserve it for staying power!
x
You wanna believe it, but been part time for 13 years and only go to work about three times a month.
:8855:

It's a bitter sweet feeling when I look at all of you guys. So happy that some of you have done so well and you're almost at the end of your journey, and so gutting for me that am only at the beginning. I wish I discovered it months ago but cest la vie. Well done everyone.

That aside I hope you have had beautiful days today. I almost skid into a ditch today, didn't realise just how icy it was.

Sylvie, you're inspiring too - looking at your ticker you've come a long way already! Halfway to goal... that's great. I think you're all brilliant and I love the support you give to everyone, too. It makes a difference, because for some us there's no local CD group & it's so easy to feel like you're on your own with it all. This group makes all of us feel like a team... made me smile to think I have a double C-section scar like a couple of you, I used to call it my 'smiley' scar. Haven't seen it lately, but hopefully it'll be making a reappearance as the lbs disappear!!! And Sylvie, I had a skid today as well... scary roads out there.

Hey all thanks for birthday wishes, my daughter had a fab day and I must say...I was an angel and didn't even look at the party food! yay me!

hey Nibbles! Congrats on 25 yrs, thought i was doing well with my 17 yrs!!:eek: doubt if i'll be getting a presentation anytime soon just a boot up the butt and my p45...ha ha!!

Sorry Smurf, d'oh!! i've corrected the update, thought i was doing so well too! Sorry to hear about your PA , hope you are ok today and get well soon!
Well done on your 2lb too ...yay you!!! you're doing sooo fabbbb!!:23:

Smurf - lose 12lbs (lost 2lbs so far)
Nibbles ------3lbs (Target smashed!!)
Tara66 -------9lbs (lost 1lb so far)
Katycakes ----- 9lbs

... made me smile to think I have a double C-section scar like a couple of you, I used to call it my 'smiley' scar. Haven't seen it lately..
hi katie, i've never seen my scar except in the mirror, hope yours reappears soon!!

I wish I discovered it months ago but cest la vie
hey sylvie don't feel gutted you have done so brilliantly and i'll bet a lot of us wish we had discovered CD a long long time ago, i'm just so happy that i did discover it and am not the same person i was this time last year, dreading putting on more weight over Xmas as usual. You'll get there hun:hug99: and we're all here to support you xx

hey tara...don't even dream of those skanky mince pies!!!... i'm so glad i don't like them!!

soo chuffed we are all keeping up with the posting on this thread, i know it's definitely helped me to keep on track over the months and we're all going to need extra support over the next few weeks!!

Sooo excited ...am putting up my decs tonight...yay!!! i won't tel you how many cheesy, tacky noisy singy thing i have in my house at xmas time...hubby does a great scrooge impression about this time...hee hee!!:8855:

have a great day all

xxxx

Back