**Mini Challenge 5th Dec-5th Jan**

Well done Gem, thats brill, you are going so well. Have a great do Lelly, sure the dress will look great.

Hope the tree survives your cat Nibbles. We have a large daft puppy so we are wondering how he is going to be able to cope with our Xmas tree!

Hope everyone else is going well. My next weigh in is Monday and after a small loss this week I have my fingers crossed x

Hey All!!

Hope you are all doing ok this weekend??

Thanks Tara, i had a fab time at the do and the dress looked fab, so glad i don't have a headache this morning...phew!!

Good luck for your Wi tomorrow!!

xx

Any pics Lelly?????? You looked so lovely at the wedding and heard about the dress over the past couple of months!!!!
I am going to have a small Sunday dinner today, mum is bringing the roast lamb that she has marinated and roasting ( thought it might be roast cat after the last ascent of the Xmas tree) and i do all the veg and Y pudds. This 1200CD is fun:8855:
Not sure i shall stand on the scales til WI tomorrow nite:eek:

Good Morning everyone, Hope we are all and have survived the weekend ok! I did... just about! Foodwise I was a bit shaky after the do Sat and recovering yesterday but was mostly back on track but couldn't face me 810 meal so opted for egg on toast instead, hope it won't make too much difference! I have weighef this morning on my scales and i'm defintley retaining water after all the alcohol so that'll take a few days to clear only to start again with another night out on Friday as a collegaue is leaving so I've been coerced into to going along for that! not that my arm needed much twisting!!! i'm in such a christmassy mood I'm looking forward to it now, might try not to drink so much this time though, couldn't help it on Sat as most of the drinks were free and seeing as it's out last Xmas do with the company I thought I should take advantage!!:xmascheers:

Any pics Lelly?????? You looked so lovely at the wedding and heard about the dress over the past couple of months!!!!
Thanks nibbles xx sorry no pics as yet only one of me sitting down and you can't see the dress, hoping some others will appear today from people at work as i didn't take any pics!! (d'oh!)
I am going to have a small Sunday dinner today, mum is bringing the roast lamb that she has marinated and roasting ( thought it might be roast cat after the last ascent of the Xmas tree) and i do all the veg and Y pudds. This 1200CD is fun:8855:
Not sure i shall stand on the scales til WI tomorrow nite:eek:
...go kitty...lol!!!
Good luck with WI tonight!! hope the 1200 is working well for you, those YP's sounded lovely, we're having them with our Xmas dinner...!

Name ------------------Target
Lellycd - lose 4lbs (lost 3lbs so far)
soontobelittlegem - 14lbs (lost 4lbs so far)
Smurf - lose 12lbs (lost 2lbs so far)
Sylvie86 --- 14lbs (lost 10lbs so far)
Trisha -------10lbs (lost 1lb so far)
Nibbles ------3lbs (Target smashed!!)
Tara66 -------9lbs (lost 1lb so far)
Wannabslim -14lbs (10.12)
Katycakes ----- 9lbs
Pretika - 12lbs

Well done sylvie on your 5lb's that's excellent only 4 to go for this challenge, you're doing sooo well, hope you are really chuffed with that!! Good luck for another fab week xx

Have a great day all!! How are we all doing, keep us updated, any news anyone!!!

xxx:xmastree::dancing_snowman:

Hiya... weigh in for me today, and I lost 4lbs, down to 13st5lbs. Yay!!! Determined to shift a bit more before switching to 800 from next monday for Xmas week... better step up on the exercise to help a bit! Thought I'd be dreaming of festive food by now, but I'm happy on SS & the very occasional 'green & white' salad if I have to... you're all so inspirational, makes me believe I can get to my long term goal as so many of you are so close to yours... so thanks for that!

hey katy, woohoo 4lbs!! that's fabulous, well done you!!
i'm doing 810 too at the moment and going to keep to it as much as possible over xmas.
Good luck for another great loss for next week!!

xx

Hi everyone lost 2 lb this week. 5 lb to original goal 12lb to new goal.

mini challenge 3lbs down 7 to go

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I have an awful cold, am congested and have a headache that comes and goes. Am too scared to take anything to kick me out of ketosis and to be honest this is the worst cold I have ever had. Do you think ketosis reduces your immunity?

Hi Sylvie, sorry you are feeling so rough, you can still take paracetomol and most remedies are only paracetomol, a bit of caffeine and sugar in any case. My experience has been that I have been fine whilst in ketosis and been there since end May. However I guess everybody is different, the vits and minerals in my packs have meant I have felt really well most of the time (apart from bit light headed cos I have lowish blood pressure anyway). Really hope you will feel better soon x

I had my weigh in today and lost 4lbs which takes me to 10st 1lb. I have celebrated as it is payday and it suddenly hit me I am slim by buying some jeans. Haven't had a pair in 15 yrs. It was ace. My dilema now is when I start to refeed (work up plans). My target with chemist (LT) is 10 st but I have a secret one of my own that is 9st 11lbs just to say I've lost 8st.

Sorry this is a ramble have decided to do another 100% week (altho Xmas do Thurs boohoo) and start eating from Monday whatever my weight. If anybody has any thoughts I would love to hear.

Well done on all the losses so far and thanks for letting me join in as it is really helping me to keep my focus to the end xx

Miss 100%CD here,me who didn't cheat once in the first 10 weeks, having to announce a gain of 2lbs.The one week with the zero loss was bad enough, but this:eek: Excuse my French>>>>****.
So 1200CD isn't so fun any more. Not if the reintroduction of carbs means i gain the weight back !!!!! TOTM due over the next couple of days, but still p'ed off. Can't believe Sunday lunch and a few Xmas cookies over the weekend could affect me so much. Confused or what !!!!!
Well, still gonna persevere and going to do 1500CD over the next 3 weeks and see where that gets me.

No no!! not fair nibbles!! and you are so good at it!! it;s those damn carbs they are the devil!!! so sorry to hear that, it'll be the combination of extra carbs n water esp if you are pre totm, i'm sure in 3 weeks you'll be back where you were!! keep with it hun, you are my guiding star and i'm following you all the way! (btw - i haven't changed your 'target smashed' as i don't believe it's true!)

Tara - we are now the same weight!, i am the same i have a goal of 10st but am keeping to the cd plan of 810 to get a few lbs under my target too! not sure how LT works can you continue with TFR til goal? Soo glad that you have found this challenge helpful, not sure what would have done without one every months since i started!!!

Hey sylvie, soryy to hear you are poorly, as Tara said i would stick to paracetamol, although when my sinuses were blocked up i tried sudafed and that helped not sure if it allowed really but it did the trick for me. as for ketosis and immunity i should think we'd be better off with all the vits etc we're taking.

hey trisha, congrats on on your 2lbs!! you are doing sooo fab, well done you!!

little update -

Trisha -------10lbs (lost 3lb so far)
Nibbles ------3lbs (Target smashed!!)
Tara66 -------9lbs (lost 5lb so far)
Katycakes ----- 9lbs (lost 4lbs so far)
Pretika - 12lbs

xx

No no!! not fair nibbles!! and you are so good at it!! it;s those damn carbs they are the devil!!!
Trisha -------10lbs (lost 3lb so far)
Nibbles ------3lbs (Lost 1lb having regained 2lbs:eek:)
Tara66 -------9lbs (lost 5lb so far)
Katycakes ----- 9lbs (lost 4lbs so far)
Pretika - 12lbs(gained 1lb)

Lelly , you're too kind. I have changed my target above, to ensure that i don't become complacent.
Have changed target to ensure i do lose those 2 lbs, although i believe i would be content, as long as i stay in the 9stone 10lbs - 12lbs . I refuse to replace the size 10 clothes that i am so enjoying.
Still so inspired when i see everyone else's losses and that too, at such difficult time of year. So many invitations which mean carbs, cals and fat:cry:
Well done to all on this thread, just keep on posting, cos i need a kick up the rear, to ensure i reattain my target.:(

Morning everyone,

i'm struggling to stick with the 810 these last few days, need some support, not sure what's happening??!! I think i've relaxed a bit and this has made my head a bit bonkers! there are definitely no crackers in the 810 plan, what's my problem!?? i'm perfect til abou t 3/4pm then the nibbly feeling are creeping in.

so....back to it properly today, had 1 coffee with skimmed milk and ½ a litre of water so far. Going to split my 3 packs over the day and not have my meal til 6 this evening and nothing else!!! now i've made that promise i have to stick with it, will let you know later how i get on.

Hope we all have a great day!!

xx

Lelly you are so close!!! Be strong... very soon you'll be at the maintenance stage and then you'll have more options and more choice with food. Do you think that introducing food again makes things harder? I'll be going up to 810 on Monday for a fortnight, and I so want to stay on track, but I am a bit nervous! You have such a brilliant track record though - just look at that and stay focused. And don't beat yourself up about a few sneaky nibbles, you will get there anyway, you've achieved so much. All of us will have challenges when adjusting to normal eating again, because what was once normal is going to be different, hopefully, in the future... so I don't think you're complacent, just exploring what is and isn't OK! Keep on track, honey, you can do it.

HI all - I lost 3lbs this week. - I think some of it was water retention from TOTM. but I am happy. I have decided to SS+ until xmas eve and then move back on to 810 over xmas - My cdc says she is happy if I just maintain over xmas but I would really like to go down a few pounds... not sure yet..

I am also going to move my target down by 1/2 stone. So really I still have a stone to go...

Hope you are all well.!!

Lelly !!! You are doing FAB!!! keep going you are nearly there.

Hi katycakes - well done you!! bet you cant wait to move up the plans.. I must admit it does get a little harder when you introduce food - but if you make the right choices you will be fine

Have a great day!!

Hi everyone!! Feeling slightly better. Hoping the cold will be well and truly gone when I go home. I have decided to SS+ on X-mas & Boxing day so just trying to figure out what veg I can and can't eat. I know tomatoes are a no no (Pity as I love tomatoes) ... Anyway can I have broccoli? If so how much?

Plus other than the usual i.e. lettuce, cucumber, what else can I have. I am hoping to break into the 16st barrier this week. 17st has dragged on for too long. Plus I know I am far from target but I have re-evaluated my goal and settled on 10st 10lbs. I had initially wanted to be 12st but I don't think I will be happy when I get there, plus my new target places me firmly in the healthy BMI range. It however adds 18lbs to the 76lbs I had to lose .... *sigh*.

Thanks Katy!, I've been ok most days to just stick with the 3 packs and my 810 meal but then some days i am telling my self it's fine it's only a few crackers or it's only satsuma etc etc and in the grand scheme of things i suppose it's not a big deal but I *really* want to do it properly and am fighting in my head with myself!! it's very tiring ..!!

Well done Pretika on your 3 lbs that's fabulous!!! seems a lot of us have done the lowering our targets thing when getting close to original target, i want to lose an extra ½ st so that i can stay under 10st when i start maintenance. Glad you have been getting on well with SS+ too!!

Hi Sylvie, glad you are feeling better, you'll break that 17st barrier in no time you are doing sooo well!! I think we all think again about our target weights once we see how easy it is to lose on CD, i remember thinking before i started CD that anything under 11st would be amazing and now that i'm here i'm heading to get under 10st, i just never thought it would be possible before CD, i love this diet sooo much !! yes on SS+ you can have 3tablespoons of broccoli, i think most people just guess what that would be as it's not practical to try and balance broccoli on a spoon! when i was doing ss+ i usually had about 4/5 florets and that was ok. you can also have courgettes, sprouts, cauliflower, cabbage, asparagus.

Must do some work....!!
xxx

I have thought about the whole journey and since it's 94lbs to lose it is almost 7 months, given that you can lose a stone a month or 12lbs a month on SS+. I wil try my hardest to stick to SS till the end of March/April and then hop onto SS+ till goal. Will have to evaluate everything once I get closer to my short term goal which is 13st 13lbs.

I would however love to be 12st or lower for my Holiday in July.

Last edited:
Back