Mini goals

Day 4

I had a WS day today. I went to the gym for 45 mins and I felt like I needed to eat. I had a chicken salad (mixed lettuce and plain chicken cooked in a george forman oven)

I also managed a trip to the supermarket with out buying any food other than lettuce, chicken and pasta for my OH.

We also went for a walk at the beach. I managed to resist an ice cream even when OH had a double whippy with strawberry sauce :drool:

I don't want to sound like I'm bragging, I'm just pleased I didn't eat.

Its a big step for me! :D

Day 4

I had a WS day today. I went to the gym for 45 mins and I felt like I needed to eat. I had a chicken salad (mixed lettuce and plain chicken cooked in a george forman oven)

I also managed a trip to the supermarket with out buying any food other than lettuce, chicken and pasta for my OH.

We also went for a walk at the beach. I managed to resist an ice cream even when OH had a double whippy with strawberry sauce :drool:

I don't want to sound like I'm bragging, I'm just pleased I didn't eat.

Its a big step for me! :D

It's not bragging just celebrating. My OH also seems to eat yummy things when I'm dieting but I don't think he even realises I'm drolling. Hope you enjoy the rest of your day xo

I know Hadl!

I just about mugged my OH for food I don't even like yesterday :eek:

Hope you have had a good day.

Wow...you are doing so well- long may it continue. Great idea about not weighing in too. Hope you can resist it. First few days are always the hardest then it gets slightly easier after that. Hope you are not feeling too chilly as I normally get that kicking in about now! Big hugs and keep strong xx

Hi Gaga :)

I hear the scales calling me but I'm ignoring them! They were even doing free body fat/weight checks at the gym yesterday.

Not feeling too cold but I do have a weird metallic taste in my mouth and throat.

Hope things are going well for you? :)

Day 6 (I think)

Today has been easy except for one craving when I spotted something I used to love in the vending machine at work.

I'm pleased to say it stayed in the machine :)

Still not weighed and not planning to for another 8 days - this is a big thing for me.

Lots more energy and it feels like something in my head has clicked this time. I'm not giving up my ketosis for a cracker or some biscuits!

Day 7

I didn't get much sleep last night and I'm tired tired tired. This has made things a lot more difficult today.

I've been wanting a sugar rush but there was no way I was going to have something I shouldn't.

I've also worked out when my tummy rumbles it doesn't always need feeding. I've had a lot more water the past few days and its helped a lot.

Tomorrow should be WI day but I'm waiting another week. Hoping the loss will be a good one.

Hope everyone else has had a good day :)

Day 9

I have a weird taste in my mouth. Almost like blood but not quite. I'm guessing its ketosis.

Very very thirsty this morning. Only been up for an hour and managed 1L of water already :D

I can here the gym calling my name today. I think I'd better go as its been a week since I was there. Hopefully I won't feel so tired this time around.

I'm feeling a little bit better about myself as I'm seeing small changes in my body. My ankles look a little thinner and so do my wrists, my lower stomach doesn't stick out quite as much. I really hope I have exante cracked this time :)

(Sorry for the ramble)

Day 12

Feeling a little sick again today but water is helping.

2 days until WI, the scales have been calling me for over a week. Now WI is getting closer, I'm not so sure I want to weigh. Weird how things work out :)

I really haven't been hungry at all. I'm not even interested in eating really, apart from my shake first thing. The only thing I really crave is steak. I'd have thought I'd have been struggling with not having something sweet as I loved chocolate.

Really hoping for a good WI when it happens.

Well done honey- sounds like you are doing so well. When are you WI'ing? Can you not have a steak if you really fancy one or are you trying to keep TS?

Day 13

Today has been good and bad.

Work called a staff meeting and I got told they are cutting 2 out of 4 jobs in my section so we will all have to reapply for jobs. There is no money for pay offs. I really really felt like having a blow out food wise when I got home.

I even walked to the supermarket and wandered around thinking of what I could have. I ended up with a sugar free jelly.

I'm pleased it wasn't chocolate or crisps but I'd rather have not had it at all.

At least I stopped at that. If this was pre diet god knows what I'd have stuffed :sigh:

I think it will be a shake and a mega early night.

Well I fell off the wagon big time. I've stuffed my face!

My doc has also told me I have very low iron levels, which explains why I've been feeling strange for the past month or so - dizzy, sore throat, sore joints/muscles, v.tired but sleeping for 10hrs +.

He also said this might be why I've been putting on weight. My body has been telling me to eat but I've been eating the wrong things :doh: At least I know now.

He said I can do exante as long as I take my tablets before my shakes and I make sure I'm on WS.

Right, time to dust off this diary!

I've been trying things the Atkins way for a while. It has been working but I have been getting greedy and adding little extras, hoping to get away with it.

I have 3 weeks until I go on holiday. All my essays are in and I won't have a kitchen for 2 weeks as we are moving house.

As there will be lots of running about and lifting things, I'm going to be on WS until I'm back from holiday.

I am determined to make this work! My OH's birthday is Christmas eve and I'd like to have lost a good bit of weight before then :)

Any suggestions/ support will be welcomed!

Welcome back confused :)
There are a few of us that have been struggling recently, and trying to get back on track at the moment, so you're in good company. You've got nearly 4 months till Christmas Eve, so you should be able to lose almost 4 stone by then if you are on WS or mixed with a bit of TS. The danger is stretching the boundaries, and thinking you can just have a bit more of this or that (or at least, I know that's where I went wrong earlier in the month!) Try and be really strict with yourself, whether it's TS or WS, follow the rules and don't try and add too many other things in!
Good luck :)

Hi Cybill :)

I hope I can lose 3/4 stone by Christmas time! That would take me back to the weight I was when I met my OH :)

I think moving to the country and hopefully getting a dog will help on the exercise front.

How has your week been?

Welcome back sugar. We all understand how difficult and testing this diet is so please do not think you are alone. I'm on plan til mid-November and am hoping to lose 2.5 stone by then so lets spur each other on hey! We can all do this babe. sending big hugs your way xxx

Back