Mini Pill

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Karen1972, 8 December 2006 Social URL.

1. Karen1972

Karen1972 Gold Member

I've just changed over from the combined pill to the mini pill and the doctor told me it can cause weight gain from water retention in about 30% of users. AAARRRGGGGHHHHH! All I flipping well need!!

Anyone else taking this ? How are you finding it ??

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Maintainer

Maintainer ** Chief WITCH **

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    hi Karen,

I was switched to the mini pill when I hit the grand old age of 35 (as a smoker, it was all she'd give me). If I gained weight as a result of it, I wouldn't know as I was gaining daily through my food intake! :eek:

Now, at almost 43 and still on the mini pill, I definitely have a water retention problem and GP has advised taking water pills the week before my period. Trouble is, as I hope your doctor explained, the mini pill has a possible side effect of stopping your periods... mine are so irregular now, I have no idea when *that* week is in my cycle, so take them for a week when I just *feel* bloated!

That's probably no help at all to you is it. But, as you know me as we've chatted on other threads, I can tell you that my weight IS stable :)

4. Gen

Gen Normal

i was on it and never ever found a difference!!!!!

if you were gonna have weight gain and water retention it probably would have happened on the other pill too!!!

5. skinnymongoose

skinnymongoose Full Member

Diet:
    undecided
    I was on it too and never found water retention a prob. But I did get a bit careless about taking it at the same time every day and got PG!! EEEK!! So if it's still the same as it was a few years ago, be REALLY careful that you take it on time every day.
    SM

6. Karen1972

Karen1972 Gold Member

Thanks for the replies girls. The leaflet says there is only a problem if i take a pill more than 12 hours late - was surprised by that cos i thought you had to be really punctual with it?!?!!?

7. Maintainer

Maintainer ** Chief WITCH **

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    Karen,

The first mini pill I took (8 years ago) had just a two hour window which was a pain. My current one has 12 hours too (Cerazette). Mind you, if ever I forget, I do it in style - always 24 hours!

8. sugar_lipswales

sugar_lipswales Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st10lb(36.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World

I was never told this when I spoke to my doctor! I'm now coming off it as I'm STRUGGLING like my life depends on it to lose anything at all. Bloody doctors!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.