Mini Pill

Karen1972

Gold Member
I've just changed over from the combined pill to the mini pill and the doctor told me it can cause weight gain from water retention in about 30% of users. AAARRRGGGGHHHHH! All I flipping well need!!

Anyone else taking this ? How are you finding it ??

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

hi Karen,

I was switched to the mini pill when I hit the grand old age of 35 (as a smoker, it was all she'd give me). If I gained weight as a result of it, I wouldn't know as I was gaining daily through my food intake! :eek:

Now, at almost 43 and still on the mini pill, I definitely have a water retention problem and GP has advised taking water pills the week before my period. Trouble is, as I hope your doctor explained, the mini pill has a possible side effect of stopping your periods... mine are so irregular now, I have no idea when *that* week is in my cycle, so take them for a week when I just *feel* bloated!

That's probably no help at all to you is it. But, as you know me as we've chatted on other threads, I can tell you that my weight IS stable :)

I've just changed over from the combined pill to the mini pill and the doctor told me it can cause weight gain from water retention in about 30% of users. AAARRRGGGGHHHHH! All I flipping well need!!

i was on it and never ever found a difference!!!!!

if you were gonna have weight gain and water retention it probably would have happened on the other pill too!!!

I was on it too and never found water retention a prob. But I did get a bit careless about taking it at the same time every day and got PG!! EEEK!! So if it's still the same as it was a few years ago, be REALLY careful that you take it on time every day.
SM

Thanks for the replies girls. The leaflet says there is only a problem if i take a pill more than 12 hours late - was surprised by that cos i thought you had to be really punctual with it?!?!!?

Karen,

The first mini pill I took (8 years ago) had just a two hour window which was a pain. My current one has 12 hours too (Cerazette). Mind you, if ever I forget, I do it in style - always 24 hours!

I was never told this when I spoke to my doctor! I'm now coming off it as I'm STRUGGLING like my life depends on it to lose anything at all. Bloody doctors!

Back