Minilady's Diary... getting back on track

Sounds brilliant Tracey, he put you through a good session there, be really interesting to follow how it works for you - please keep us posted :)

As Sam says it will be fabulous if you do only need the one session, really is fascinating stuff.

I've just ordered a self hypnosis book from Amazon - "Self-Change Hypnosis" - Richard MacKenzie; Paperback; £12.34 ............ gets some good reviews.

wow tracey. your therapist obviously uses different techniques as well as hypnosis. cant wait to see how you get on and it would be absolutely fantastic if you only need the one session.

cant wait to read your updates

It would be nice to think it's worked with just the one session, I'm keeping an open mind. If I feel I need another I will definately go back. He gave me lots to think about to say the least. I will definately be doing the NLP and the swish at home. He told me to use the swish technique whenever I need to for whatever reason. For example I hate the dentist and I have been putting off going for months as I know need a tooth removed:eek: So will try out swish and see if I can make a trip to the dentist less of a drama.

Sounds brilliant Tracey, he put you through a good session there, be really interesting to follow how it works for you - please keep us posted :)

As Sam says it will be fabulous if you do only need the one session, really is fascinating stuff.

I've just ordered a self hypnosis book from Amazon - "Self-Change Hypnosis" - Richard MacKenzie; Paperback; £12.34 ............ gets some good reviews.

Please let me know what you think of the book. I have some clients who are nterested in hypnosis but are put off by the price, so a good self hypnosis book would be great to reccommend.

Sounds like your session went really well - nice one :clap: :cool:

Thanks DQ:)

Tracey
x

Feeling very positive after my session today.

I had salmon, new potatoes and salad for dinner tonight. I made my usual amount which isn't a huge plateful as my problem isn't overeating at meal times it's binging rubbish all night long:eek: I ate my dinner and didn't leave any but I did feel satisfied and comfortably full:eek: I don't get this feeling very often, I always feel I could eat more. So I'm pleased with that.

Also there is half a huge chocolate cake sitting on the side in the kitchen as it was my son's birthday, normally this would be calling me and I would have to really fight with myself not to eat some. It hasn't bothered me, I don't feel hungry:):)

Very strange to feel this way and seems a little too good to be true! I think my problem is I analyse absolutely everything and the simplest things turn into something out the krypton factor:rolleyes: What I'd give for a little blind faith.

I sort of hope I get a little stressed out about something in the next couple of days, just to put this to the test a little. Stress is a great trigger for me to eat the contents of the cupboards!

One funny thing is that I can't remember anything of the actual hypnotherapy:confused: I remember him asking me to imagine walking on a beach to relax me, but can't remember what he said to me regarding food etc.

I hope I don't start clucking like a chicken if I eat a bit of chocolate:eek:

Tracey
x

LOL I can think of worse things that you might have been 'programmed' to do if you go near a biscuit tin!!! Don't risk it :)

On a more serious note, it's good that you can see a difference already just after the one session - I really hope that this works for you and that it does help you manage your feelings and actions around food and binging x

well done Tracey. Sounds like the first day was a success. I replied to you on my thread about not remembering what the therapist said whilst you were hypnotised but I'll recap here. I cant remember much of what was said to me either, but the important bits will just pop into your head when you need them. Its not menat to be a conscious effort to lose weight, it should be happening without you thinking about it if that makes sense.

Good luck for day 2 xx

well done Tracey. Sounds like the first day was a success. I replied to you on my thread about not remembering what the therapist said whilst you were hypnotised but I'll recap here. I cant remember much of what was said to me either, but the important bits will just pop into your head when you need them. Its not menat to be a conscious effort to lose weight, it should be happening without you thinking about it if that makes sense.

Good luck for day 2 xx

Thanks fo your reply Sam, that's put my mind at rest. I presumed it was normal but just wanted to check:)

LOL I can think of worse things that you might have been 'programmed' to do if you go near a biscuit tin!!! Don't risk it :)

:giggle: If I were a hypnotist I don't think I could resist being a bit naughty on occasion:D

On a more serious note, it's good that you can see a difference already just after the one session - I really hope that this works for you and that it does help you manage your feelings and actions around food and binging x

I think I may get a self hypnosis book or tape too, just to keep topping myself up.

Tracey
x

Today has been quite stress free:) All my clients today were happy bunnies as their weight losses were good, this always gives me a warm feeling inside, let's hope the rest of the week produces more happiness.

My son has got a girlfriend:eek::D Poor little chap has been grilled all evening, the main thing the girls wanted to know was if she was a minger!:rolleyes: He used to beg me to give him a baby brother, even told me once that if I let him have one he would live with me forever:eek: Needless to say he never got one:p I do feel for him though, living with 3 sisters can be tough.

Anyway we've managed to find out her first name, age, hair colour and eye colour, to which I told him it must be love if he knows the colour of her eyes. Aaahhh how sweet it is:) I should have read the signs really, he's been showering without being asked, his bedroom stinks of deoderant in the mornings and he's asked me if I can get some teeth whitener!

Foodwise today I have been fine. Ate healthily all day and have felt full! However tonight it did cross my mind to have the last piece of birthday cake, but I haven't touched it and have only just reminded myself about it whilst writing this:rolleyes:

I had hoped I wouldn't think about food at all after my dinner so was a little disappointed that the cake had tried to tempt me. But thinking about it, the craving wasn't too bad and I didn't eat it and actually thought to myself that I wasn't hungry for it really, would only be eating it because it was there. So I guess some progress is being made.

I have just ordered Paul Mckenna CD and book and have thought that perhaps if I listen to it in the evenings this may help too.

Tracey
x

Early days as they say....but Wow!

Watching & reading with fascination, plus I really want you to get the demon back in it's box. ( preferably with the lid firmly sealed, but sitting in there within only the top of it's head showing would make a pretty big difference to how you feel)

Fingers crossed & well done so far.
ditto to wanttolose.

Early days as they say....but Wow!

Watching & reading with fascination, plus I really want you to get the demon back in it's box. ( preferably with the lid firmly sealed, but sitting in there within only the top of it's head showing would make a pretty big difference to how you feel)

Fingers crossed & well done so far.
ditto to wanttolose.

Hi Jane:)

Exactly, if he's only just there I can deal with him:)

Tracey
x

Is he going in a box or a cage?
Dungeon or the top of the tallest tower?

funny you should say that....I was going to add flush him down the loo but was afraid it'd lower the tone....

Great to hear you're doing so well Tracey .... especially with avoiding cake - brilliant :)

Anyway onto really important things ..... awww to your son - how sweet :) How old is he? Oh to be young and in love. My son sent his first Valentine this year - he made me choose it! He's 14 and he's just hit the getting a shower thing too --- it's fight for the bathroom time.

wow.. let me know how you got on at the dentist.. cos im sooo scared of them so much.. i chpped my tooth.. and im ust too scared.. lol..

x x x

Great to hear you're doing so well Tracey .... especially with avoiding cake - brilliant :)

Anyway onto really important things ..... awww to your son - how sweet :) How old is he? Oh to be young and in love. My son sent his first Valentine this year - he made me choose it! He's 14 and he's just hit the getting a shower thing too --- it's fight for the bathroom time.

Cameron is 12 yrs and started secondary school last Sept. He seems to have really grown up these past few months:sigh: Still gives his mum a big hug and kiss though:D

He's decide he wants to be chef, so every Thursday I let him take charge of dinner, the girls don't like being outdone so they have decided to be in charge of desert! It's costing me a fortune, keep nipping out for ingredients and baking sheets, cake tins bread tins.... As you've probably gathered my cakes and deserts etc. are normally lovingly prepared by Tesco for me;):D

wow.. let me know how you got on at the dentist.. cos im sooo scared of them so much.. i chpped my tooth.. and im ust too scared.. lol..

x x x

Hi Kitteh

I haven't plucked up the courage yet:eek: as soon as I do, I'll practice the NLP techniques he showed me and will certainly let you know!

Ooooh chipped tooth, I guess they'd have to crown that:confused: I don't blame you for being worried, dentists are the cruellest of creatures;) Every time I think about them I'm reminded of the film 'Little Shop of Horrors' Have you ever seen it?

Tracey
x

He sounds quite like my son - as I said he's 14 and he's the chef in our family (takes after hubby not me) ---- He's always wanted to help and now is always throwing himself round the kitchen making pasta's, chilli's and his own recipes --- just a pity I can't try them .... but soon ;)

He sounds quite like my son - as I said he's 14 and he's the chef in our family (takes after hubby not me) ---- He's always wanted to help and now is always throwing himself round the kitchen making pasta's, chilli's and his own recipes --- just a pity I can't try them .... but soon ;)

I think that's great, I bet you're really proud:) I know I am. I love the fact that he has interests, football being another.

It's great that he makes his own recipes too!!! Cameron hasn't got to that stage yet, he's still covering my cook books in greasy, floury fingerprints:D

You'll be trying them out soon enough:)

Tracey
x

Had a couple of wobbly days and have to confess have been feeling a little sorry for myself:eek:

But I've given myself a bit of a :whoopass:, had a :cry: and now feel:) again.

I'm not sure my hypnotherapy has done a lot of good, in fact because I wanted it to work so much and felt for a couple of days that I was back in control, and have since realised I'm not, it sent me into a bit of a frenzy!

I've had a couple of days of reflection and now feel a lot more positive, I'm not a person to give in and I will either solve my eating issues or learn to comfortably live with them.

I am seeking some professional advise and haven't given up on the hypnotherapy just yet. I'm quite impatient by nature, will have to work on that too:cool:

Tracey
x

Back