Minilady's Diary... getting back on track

Personally i think the ONLY way to bwatch the Marathon is whilst eating toast or crumpets!

sorry aboy the 1/2 stone.
Feel free to come & moan on my spring-trimmers thread.
I started my cutting back today after a hearty last -weekend.

to Paraphrase Argus Filch (the hogwarts old retainer) " God I miss the feeding!"

The eating more today may have been due to the overindulgence of the alcohol last night - the body's need to 'soak it up' --- to be only 8lbs over your goal after 9 months is something to be applauded ....honestly Tracey I can do that in a weekend!

I think you should look on the bright side of this in that it is only 8lb, you know and you accept that it's there and you're willing to do something about it before it gets any more - that says a lot about you and you should be proud of yourself for that.

Best of luck honey in whichever plan you choose to follow ;)

Ahhh thank you katie :hug99:

I know it dosen't sound a lot in the grand scheme of things and honestly I'm not overly worried about it, but I love those jeans;):D

Seriously though, I'm not too concerned and know I can pull it back. I need to do it now, in the past I've lost weight (never actually got to goal) and as soon as the diets off it hasn't taken long to pile it all back on again. I'm the sort of person who reads the scales, gets fed up with the increase and then eats to find some comfort. So that was the old me, I'm now looking at the scales, seeing a gain and positively thinking about an action plan:) It's helped that some of my old buddies are back on Minimins, reading their threads seems to put things into perspective.

I read on your other thread Katie that you're feeling better today:) I'm so glad. I think you're a real star for staying on track when things get tough. I also thought it was great of you to post about it, as newbies will have read it and it'll help them.

Tracey
x

only 8lbs gain nearly a year after losing alot isn't o bad! Infact Its a great achievement, especially that you have realised it and can reign it all back in. Its the acknowledgement of it, and then the doing something about it that counts! Well done.:D

hi minilady,

I maintained my weight brilliantly for 7 months (I lost 3 stone on LL), went ona 5 week holiday come back and did not address it straight away, when I did I'd put a stone back on, although my mindset flipped I had a few sachets left over and did it for 6 days (god, it was soooo hard work 2nd time around, I felt sick and dizzy), but lost 4lbs, couldnt cope with it anymore so have started WW on 18pts a day, and lost 2lbs in first week. Ilove it, eating anything as long as I'm staying within those points, so my new goal is 4lbs lower than I did with LL hoping to give me a slighly better leeway once I get there, I will be happy anywhere between 8.10 and 9.3 max. My body seemed to adjust at 9st whilst I was maintaining, but boy once I went off it for the holiday, that stone went on far too quickly.

Anyway sorry to ramble, and hope you find whats right for you to lose the few pounds you've gained.

good luck hun xx

sun xx

hi minilady,

I maintained my weight brilliantly for 7 months (I lost 3 stone on LL), went ona 5 week holiday come back and did not address it straight away, when I did I'd put a stone back on, although my mindset flipped I had a few sachets left over and did it for 6 days (god, it was soooo hard work 2nd time around, I felt sick and dizzy), but lost 4lbs, couldnt cope with it anymore so have started WW on 18pts a day, and lost 2lbs in first week. Ilove it, eating anything as long as I'm staying within those points, so my new goal is 4lbs lower than I did with LL hoping to give me a slighly better leeway once I get there, I will be happy anywhere between 8.10 and 9.3 max. My body seemed to adjust at 9st whilst I was maintaining, but boy once I went off it for the holiday, that stone went on far too quickly.

Anyway sorry to ramble, and hope you find whats right for you to lose the few pounds you've gained.

good luck hun xx

sun xx

Hi Sun

Thanks so much for posting:) Well done for addressing the situation before it got too out of hand. I'm glad you're enjoying WW. I have started the CD 810plan today and will follow that for a couple of weeks and then move up the plans again.

Tracey
x

aww well done Tracey, hope the plan works well for you.

I'll keep popping in to see how you're getting on!

sunx

Day 1 of 810 is nearly over:D Surprisingly it's not been too bad. Felt hungry at work, the smell of the chinese drove me a little crazy. But managed to finish work and not walk out with king prawn fried rice:D

I've had 3 choc tetras, 6 pints of water, numerous black coffees, 1/2 a packet of fags and a tuna and green leaf salad:D

Feeling very positive:)

Tracey
x

Well done!

I have 2fav recipes on 790/810 using cottage cheese that are quick and simople:

half your cottage cheese allowance, half your tin of tuna allowance mixed with big chunks of celery and cuecumber and put on a bed of lettuce,

broccoli and cauliflower cooked - drained - mashed with a potao masher - drained, mixed with cottage cheese and put in oven or under grill.

Day 1 of 810 is nearly over:D Surprisingly it's not been too bad.

Well done You.:D

I've had
- 3 choc tetras, mmm!
-6 pints of water, good
-numerous black coffees, yup

-1/2 a packet of fags and a tuna and green leaf salad:D.
Hmm! This one must be an acquired taste..:eek:

Feeling very positive:)

Tracey
x

Well done!

half your cottage cheese allowance, half your tin of tuna allowance mixed with big chunks of celery and cuecumber and put on a bed of lettuce,

broccoli and cauliflower cooked - drained - mashed with a potao masher - drained, mixed with cottage cheese and put in oven or under grill.

Bev, I love C -CH but never knew you could cook it.
What happens to it under the grill? (& don't say "it gets hot"!)

Well done!

Thanks for the recipes! I love the sound of the broc/cauli/cot cheese and will have that tonight:)

Bev, I love C -CH but never knew you could cook it.
What happens to it under the grill? (& don't say "it gets hot"!)

I'll try it tonight and grill it, will let you know how it goes!

Tracey
x

Jane - I tend to put it in the oven - and all that happens is it warms up!! It does become more watery - hense the draining the veg again after mashing ... biut otherwise delicious!

Good on you Tracey for sticking to it despite the constant temptation of the chinese food - now that shows willpower and determination x

810 plan going well:) I am feeling quite hungry on this plan so will see out the week then move to the 1000 plan to see off the last of those pesky lbs.

Today I bought a skirt:D I guess this probably isn't a big deal to most but I haven't worn a skirt since I got married 13 years ago:eek: I've been debating getting one ever since losing weight but have put it off as I have really horrible varicose veins on my right leg:( Before I lost weight I was in a lot of pain with them and would regularly get sore lumps pop up from nowhere.

I want to get them treated and did put a thread on mins to ask if anyone has had theirs treated etc. but got no replies:cry: I can't stand the thought of having them stripped so am thinking maybe laser treatment would suit me better. I think I'll have to go private for this procedure and it seems quite costly, but worth it. Next plan of action is to see my GP next week and discuss it with her.

I so want to wear my skirt but will wait til unsightly purple lumps have gone!

Right need to get the bad bit out of the way first! I sat last night after being oh so good and ate a whole pack of shortbread biscuits:eek:

I was reading posts late on mins and had stumbled across some binge eating threads, of course these are close to my heart and I so wish I could help other people with these problems, so I ate the biscuits!! What is all that about:confused:

I actually don't feel too bad about this incident as it wasn't a binge, I ate the biscuits and that was all:)

Now I've fessed up I can move on:D Having a good day today all on track again, glugged 2 litres of water so far, let's hope demons don't decide to come out to play tonight:rolleyes:

I've made an appointment to talk about having radiofrequency to attack the stubborn bit of fat I have that is my upper abdomen. I've talked about this before in my old diary, but never actually got round to doing anything about it, I'd hoped with exrcise it would go. The treatments are quite expensive but are nonevasive, painless and cheaper than liposuction;):D I think I'll put out a new thread to see if anyone else had had this done.

Spoke to a lovely friend today who informed me from a reliable source that laser vein treatment is possible on the NHS. So am phoning GP first thing on Monday to chat to her about it.

Oh hopefully the days of purple blobby legs and spare tyres are going to be gone!

Tracey
x

I love your new picture - you look great, but sadly nowhere near stern enough xx

You're right, you didn't binge on the biscuits you just ate them - that's the way you should be looking at it, you're going to eat good and bad throughout the rest of your life and neither are necessarily binges.

Can't help with the laser treatment - don't know anyone who's ever had that done, hope your gp is able to help you with that one.

Okay then re the radiofrequency - can I step into a container and be radiofrequenced from all sides - please :D

I love your new picture - you look great, but sadly nowhere near stern enough xx

Lol!!! I told some of my clients about the fridge magnets and all said they'd rather have one with me on it! So that's the picture I took today to put on the magnets along with the words 'keep away from the fridge! I put it as my avatar especially for you:D

You're right, you didn't binge on the biscuits you just ate them - that's the way you should be looking at it, you're going to eat good and bad throughout the rest of your life and neither are necessarily binges.

Strange I did that though! I wasn't hungry, just fancied them so had them, even stranger that it didn't lead to a binge and even more strange was the fact that I didn't feel guilty as I normally would:confused: Maybe I'm making some headway:)

Can't help with the laser treatment - don't know anyone who's ever had that done, hope your gp is able to help you with that one.

Okay then re the radiofrequency - can I step into a container and be radiofrequenced from all sides - please :D

From those recent photos it looks like you already have!

Hope all is ok with you Katie and you're having a nice weekend.

Tracey
x

After completing the first week of 810 plan I've lost 6lbs so am very happy with that. Decided to continue the 810 plan for another week then move up to 1000 etc.

Looking forward to tomorrow when I have my consultation for radiofrequency treatment:D and am off to see GP on Friday to discuss the vein problem. Very nervous about my veins as I'm a complete wimp when it comes to hospitals etc. I've been lucky enough to have only been in one to have my children, but I really need to do this as not only do the veins look horrible they can be really uncomfortable too.

After completing the first week of 810 plan I've lost 6lbs so am very happy with that.
and justifiably so!!

Decided to continue the 810 plan for another week then move up to 1000 etc.

Looking forward to tomorrow when I have my consultation for radiofrequency treatment:D
crikey that was quick. will yuo come & tell us all about it please?
and am off to see GP on Friday to discuss the vein problem.
You might have a shorter wait than you think for this because of all the new targets etc
Very nervous about my veins as I'm a complete wimp when it comes to hospitals etc. I've been lucky enough to have only been in one to have my children, but I really need to do this as not only do the veins look horrible they can be really uncomfortable too.

Stress the discomfort to the GP just incase he/she needs to be encouraged to take the vein biz seriously. Good luck

Back