Minilady's Diary... getting back on track

A great step that you have taken! It will awaken some demons (maybe) but will open your eyes to new horizons too! A great opprtunity for you, and look at the positives already! I'm going to go to relate to do mine, as my issues I think are to do with relationships. I will let you know

A great step that you have taken! It will awaken some demons (maybe) but will open your eyes to new horizons too! A great opprtunity for you, and look at the positives already! I'm going to go to relate to do mine, as my issues I think are to do with relationships. I will let you know

Thanks Nikki:)

I hadn't thought about relate! My relationship with food and people are also combined. Lol not sure which one governs the other:confused: Hopefully we'll get to the bottom of it, all I want is to understand myself and am hoping by doing that and being kinder to myself the binging will be more controlled.

Please let me know how you get on, it's kind of scary but I'm not sure exactly what I'm scared of if that makes sense, do you feel like that?

Tracey
x

One thing I have realised is that I have seen my maintenance/food demons/staying at goal etc. as a negative thing. I forgot about the positive things, she has helped me to consentrate on these things rather than the negatives.

Oh yes! That's so important. Always being kind to yourself, looking at the positives. For example, if I do binge, which is so rare now, I try to congratulate myself on how well I'm doing with it :D

That sounds mad, but looking to how I'm aware I'm doing it, whether I've managed to stop it at some point. Anything really. Looking at it as a challenge, rather than a losing battle.

It's all in the head. It really is.

Oh yes! That's so important. Always being kind to yourself, looking at the positives. For example, if I do binge, which is so rare now, I try to congratulate myself on how well I'm doing with it :D

That sounds mad, but looking to how I'm aware I'm doing it, whether I've managed to stop it at some point. Anything really. Looking at it as a challenge, rather than a losing battle.

It's all in the head. It really is.

You're right! (as usual;)) I have spent my maintenance hoping that I'd wake up and never binge again, looking for a cure so that it would stop completely. Of course this hasn't happened!!! So I have constantly berated myself:( and subsequently constantly binged.

I think this is why I didn't feel the need to binge when dieting or when I was first at goal. I was so pleased with myself, I had managed to do something that I never thought I could, for so many years I told myself I was fat and useless etc. Then I amazed myself and successfully dieted, all the time praising myself for my great acheivements, this lead to a new more confident me. As soon as I had a binge the old thoughts came back and again I was telling myself I was useless again, and so the cycle resumed. It didn't/dosen't matter that I am at goal, I'm still a failure as I still binge. What a warped head I have:p Lol hope that makes a bit of sense:D

KD you are a true wonder :worthy: I don't think I could do this on my own, I need the therapy:D Someone to get my mind on the right track. For you to have got so far on your own is truely inspiring:)

Tracey
xx

Hi diary

Have had a good week this week, no binging:) had the urge a couple of times but managed to avert disaster. Not sure if this is down to my chat with therapist or the self hypnotism, or both. I don't really care as long as I've regained a bit of control again.

Alongside my gym sessions (which haven't been too many of late:eek:) I've started running with a friend:) A few of us have entered for the Race for Life, which down here will be run in July. We've been running along the beach after the school run, we run to a cafe which is about 2 miles along the beach, swig down a bottle of water, have a good chat and run back again. It's so much more fun than the gym, unfortunately I've now signed up for 6 months. I could have saved some pennies:rolleyes:

The children have broken up for the spring break and are staying with my Dad until Thursday, it's so quiet in the house:sigh: I thought I'd welcome the break but to be honest I'm really missing them. I saw clients for the best part of today and this evening went out for a pub meal with Scott, lol the main topic of conversation was the kids! I was looking forward to my couple of days of peace, but now they've gone I can't wait to get them back again.

this is what I've been focussing on doing. no point beating ourselves up. find the positive and congratulate ourselves on it. It isn't avoiding the negative as such, it is valuing the positive. (not that I've found this approach particularly easy either but I'm working on it)

Hug to you minilady - I need one but in giving one I receive one. So BIG hug to you.

Hi Dancing

Lovely to see you on my diary:)

It is difficult to be in a positive frame of mind especially after an overeating episode, sometimes I get in such a panic, but other times I can take it in my stride. I'm having another session tomorrow with my CBT lady, I really hope these sessions will help, I've only had one so far and even after just the one I feel a lot more positive:)

Thanks for my hug it bought a huge smile to my face this morning:D

:hug99:

Tracey
x

Mornin Tracey,

just caught up with your diet.

Wow, quality comments from yourself KD & Dancing.

and I agree with them, you're doing brilliantyl.
-You've lost 4st & maintained for coming up to a yr.

-Having been pretty well forced to leave old job due to stress etc you have retrained & set up & run your own business successfully.

- you manage 4 kids & Scott, cover yourself in butterflies & run the race for life.

So what do you do in your spare time..:p?

Binges: bad, distressing, self sabotaging etc. Need to be damped down & kept as quiescent as poss, but on the scales of life.....Tracey is much much heavier than her Demons.
looking foreward to hearing about how the next session goes.
XXX

Mornin Tracey,

just caught up with your diet.

Wow, quality comments from yourself KD & Dancing.

and I agree with them, you're doing brilliantyl.
-You've lost 4st & maintained for coming up to a yr.

-Having been pretty well forced to leave old job due to stress etc you have retrained & set up & run your own business successfully.

- you manage 4 kids & Scott, cover yourself in butterflies & run the race for life.

So what do you do in your spare time..:p?

Binges: bad, distressing, self sabotaging etc. Need to be damped down & kept as quiescent as poss, but on the scales of life.....Tracey is much much heavier than her Demons.
looking foreward to hearing about how the next session goes.
XXX

Lol!!! Jane if you put it like that:D

Thanks for that Jane:)

That's just reminded me I still haven't shown you the new butterfly collection. I'll have to take a pic and email it to you.

I have just found a couple of websites, one for badges (will follow the pickpockets example:D) and one for fridge magnets. Quite reasonably priced so am going to order some, I'll send you some samples.

We really must make some time for a phonechat soon.

Tracey
x

Hiya Tracey

Just catching up with your diary - so sorry to hear about the incident with your DD - how is she know and has the case progressed any further?

So glad you've had a good week and are realising that you should be very proud of what you've done and happy with yourself -keep it up :)

x

Hiya Tracey

Just catching up with your diary - so sorry to hear about the incident with your DD - how is she know and has the case progressed any further?

Kim's a lot better now thanks Jan. The incident hasn't affected her OCD which was a big concern of mine. The OCD by the way is still improving. Kim had stopped taking the medication for a while but is back on it again now, counselling has been doing wonders for her too:)

Police are no longer pursuing the incident as there were no witnesses:(

So glad you've had a good week and are realising that you should be very proud of what you've done and happy with yourself -keep it up :)

Thank you.

I've got to ask Jan, who is the new avatar:confused: I keep looking at the little fella and he's like a little sparrow that's been defeathered and debeaked. Cute though:)

Tracey
x

The avatar is a fat baby from Dr Who's episode last sat.

Kim's a lot better now thanks Jan. The incident hasn't affected her OCD which was a big concern of mine. The OCD by the way is still improving. Kim had stopped taking the medication for a while but is back on it again now, counselling has been doing wonders for her too:)

That's good to hear, I'm glad it didn't have any long term affect.

Police are no longer pursuing the incident as there were no witnesses:(

That's so wrong & unfair! :mad:

I've got to ask Jan, who is the new avatar:confused: I keep looking at the little fella and he's like a little sparrow that's been defeathered and debeaked. Cute though:)

Tracey
x

The avatar is a fat baby from Dr Who's episode last sat.

Gold star to Big Birdy - it's an Adipose, it's a little creature that's made up of your fat that leaves your body after taking a tablet (from Dr Who). And although that's rather a repulsive thought, they were kinda cute!!! Honestly!

If only such a thing exists, but then I'd be out of business as a CDC! ;)

Shame on you Tracey.
you've got kds...so why weren't you watching Dr who Last Sat?
Also how come you missed my thread entitled
" CDC's to be made redundant ..panic.shock horror?"

The baddies needed to bredd millions of babies,so came to earth to use us as unwitting incubators.
set up a company called 'adipose' one pill a day side effect free & guarentees to lose 1kg every 24 hrs.

compant slogan...take adipose & your fat just walks away.
& it did. all those little adiposes hatch out while you sleep & wander off looking for their nanny.

try & catch the repeat if you can. it was one of the best episodes ever & not v scarey & my kids all kept saying
mummy can you take adipose please cos we want one of those babaies!

Shame on you Tracey.
you've got kds...so why weren't you watching Dr who Last Sat?
Also how come you missed my thread entitled
" CDC's to be made redundant ..panic.shock horror?"

Lol We can't watch Dr Who in our house as it scares Deven!

I did read the thread and have to say didn't realise it was a joke at first:eek: I didn't know what they looked like though.

The baddies needed to bredd millions of babies,so came to earth to use us as unwitting incubators.
set up a company called 'adipose' one pill a day side effect free & guarentees to lose 1kg every 24 hrs.

compant slogan...take adipose & your fat just walks away.
& it did. all those little adiposes hatch out while you sleep & wander off looking for their nanny.

try & catch the repeat if you can. it was one of the best episodes ever & not v scarey & my kids all kept saying
mummy can you take adipose please cos we want one of those babaies!

I may try and watch a repeat but even the mention of Dr Who sends Deven into a panic!

Tracey
x

I had my 2nd session with my therapist today:) I got quite emotional this time round:confused: But came away feeling positive. I think there are many things I have to let go of, it's hard as these issues have been lifelong companions and even though they do me no good, letting go of them still isn't easy.

Went out yesterday evening for a friends birthday, saw a great band, had lots of bacardi and ended up in a club:eek: Even though I felt like everyone's Mum/Grandma I had a great time. In fact I was someones mum as my daughter was there too. Now lots of kids would be embarrassed by their mum's dancing the night away but in fact I was the embarrassed one as Kim introduced me to everyone as her mum, even the cloakroom attendant:eek:

I knew Kim and her friends would be there and I txted her to let her know I was on my way with my friends too. This morning she told me that when she got my txt she felt really excited that I'd be joining her:) How sweet is that, made me feel all fuzzy:D

Spent most of this morning nursing a stonker of a hangover:( Oh to be 20 again I didn't suffer from them then.

Tracey
x

LOL Tracey, not as young as you once were. I find now that recovering from a good night out takes days!!

Glad you had a good time & lovely your DD was pleased you were there too.

Sounds like the therapy is working, hard to let go of things but needs to be done and once you get over the feelings of loss, they should be replaced by a wonderful feeling of relief and lightness.

Take care
x

Sounds like you had a great night out Tracey - as long as the hangover was worth it ;)

Hows the head?

LOL Tracey, not as young as you once were. I find now that recovering from a good night out takes days!!

Trouble is when you're out having fun you do feel young again:) sadly the next day you're rudely reminded how old you actually are:rolleyes::D

Glad you had a good time & lovely your DD was pleased you were there too.

It was great and so is she:)

Sounds like the therapy is working, hard to let go of things but needs to be done and once you get over the feelings of loss, they should be replaced by a wonderful feeling of relief and lightness.

I really hope so Jan.

Take care
x

Sounds like you had a great night out Tracey - as long as the hangover was worth it ;)

mmmm:confused: not sure I thought the hangover was worth it but Scott found it amusing!

Hows the head?

My head is feeling a lot better thanks Jane. It was that raspberry wheat beer again! Note to self, do not get overexcited and drink rough whitstable brewed ales no matter how good the band is! and when band finishes do not go to a place where the music all sounds the same and alcopops are the in drink:sigh::D

I have eaten for England today:( I watched the marathon whilst munchin on several slices of toast followed by coffee and biscuits and the day just got worse from there. Weighed myself this morning and am 8lbs over my goal weight:eek: I knew I'd put on a bit as my favourite jeans felt a bit tighter than usual. So am toying with what plan to follow to get back to goal. I know 8lb isn't disasterous but I do not want to let it slip any further.

I tried the 810 plan a few weeks ago but I felt so hungry and on day 5 had a binge:eek::( I think maybe the 1000 plan would be better.

I've been spurred into action by you Jane and Jan so thanks to you both:)

Tracey
x

The eating more today may have been due to the overindulgence of the alcohol last night - the body's need to 'soak it up' --- to be only 8lbs over your goal after 9 months is something to be applauded ....honestly Tracey I can do that in a weekend!

I think you should look on the bright side of this in that it is only 8lb, you know and you accept that it's there and you're willing to do something about it before it gets any more - that says a lot about you and you should be proud of yourself for that.

Best of luck honey in whichever plan you choose to follow ;)

Back