MiniMimi2091*Running strictly on fatttt!!!losin this stubborn stone - 10.6s goal!!!

Well well well, I have been keeping quiet for last few days purely because was trying to fight my awful cravings. I didn't stick to CD 100% cause I don't feel I can do ss without any food. However, didn't want to quit CD as I am determined to get rid of the flab this year - BIG TIME. I have been studying CD long enough to get a fairly good understanding as to how it works and decided to adjust it to my own needs. Bottom line is that as long as I will stick to proteins in my diet (with ocasional good carbs) I will be able to continue this diet and lead a normal life (without a fear that sunday lunch or night out with friends can actualy ruin my whole diet) I found that shakes a fantastic meal replacements and even learnt to like couple sweet flavours (I was always a savoury girl!)I also found that as long as my shakes are hot - these are bound to keep me going for longer. (butterscotch is my fav along with cinamone&apples porridge)
ATM I'll have my first shake late around 11ish. This would follow with lunch "snack" - this would need to be few slices of cooked chicken, canned tuna or my fantastic find "Pret" Miso soup (which has no carbs whatsoever and only cost £1.50!) Then back at home I would have one healthy meal (meat + green veg) but very small portion just enough to fill me in. And then I would have a last shake around 8ish so this will see me nicely until next day.
Also, following the fact that all these hot soups keep me full I started experimenting with soups in sachet. My favourite so far are Batchelors slim-a-cup which are only 60kcal a cup and are perfect for these moments when you feel you DO NEED SOMETHING asap.
There is also another factor to my experimenting - I don't feel I can really afford CD hence was trying to find alternative option.
I found number of websites selling simmilar products. I know these are not completely the same as either vitamins content or carb vs protein is different but these combined with low carb diet can actualy serve its purpose brilliantly. I am going to order porridge (only £6 for 7 sachets!) and strawberry/vanila shakes. These are the closest to CD I could find. They even have no carbs pasta!!!! Unbelivable!!! Of course I will still be buying CD shakes for as long as I can but the way I use it - I will only need two a day anyway...
I am confident that I can do it this way.
So I am finishing my week on a big hype - I lost 7lbs!!!!!!!!! this week which means I am back to my pre-Xmas weigh minus 1lbs!!! Couldn't be happier!!! All this including two meals last week plus ocasional chicken/tuna and number of cups of soup (slim-a-soup of course and my fav Miso soup!!!)
I know this way is sustainable for me and it's not limiting my options so much. Bracing myself for the next week - hoping it will be as successful as this one.
Hope everyone is doing well xxxx

So I am finishing my week on a big hype - I lost 7lbs!!!!!!!!!

Bloody well done Chlo!! :D

That is an amazing result!!!! :happy036:I am so incredibly jealous at the moment lol xxx

Bloody well done Chlo!! :D

That is an amazing result!!!! :happy036:I am so incredibly jealous at the moment lol xxx
Hun, don't forget that I put on 6lbs over Xmas - so really it's only 1lb loss :-/

Well done on your fantastic loss chick!

Your plan sounds great

xx

Hey Chloe, glad to have you back chick!

Your plan looks like a good one and you should still have great results every week!! I've just been to asda again today to stock up on ww stuff and it would kill me financially if it wasnt for my lovely mum giving me an asda card with £60 quid on it!! So stocked the cupboards and freezer with goodies!!!! all healthy of course...lol!!

Have a great day mrs..x

Aww, thank you hun - had my photoshot as a Xmas gift....
Lots of photoshop involved thereafter hence such a nice results haha
Well worth the monies xxx

I've just been to asda again today to stock up on ww stuff and it would kill me financially if it wasnt for my lovely mum giving me an asda card with £60 quid on it!! So stocked the cupboards and freezer with goodies!!!! all healthy of course...lol!!

Yep, I know what you mean - just been shopping in Tesco this time. Just found these amazing Batchelors soups slim-a-cup and they are only £0.80 -£1.20 per 4 sachets and really yummy!!! My fav so far is Chicken and sweetcorn. They are at promo buy two packs for £1.50 - real steal!
Have them as much as like during a day - it's feels so good to have my tummy full without a guilt trip LOL
Hope your Asda supply will last for long time chick!!!
Have a good day sweetie xxx

Just found these amazing Batchelors soups slim-a-cup and they are only £0.80 -£1.20 per 4 sachets and really yummy!!!

Are they Low Carb Chlo? x

Mhmmmmm, some are....haha
but come on they only have tiny winy bit of carbs (me thinks and refuses to check the packs LOL)

lol ah that's cool - it's alright, i might give a week of the carbs a go myself that's all. Seems to have had a good effect for you :D

Is there a list anywhere on Mini's for low carbs? xx

Low Carbs and low GI (glycemic index) diets come in many shapes and sizes. Nevertheless, all low GI diets are based on the same principle of balancing blood sugar. The foods which are restricted on low carb/GI diets are those which cause your blood sugar and insulin levels to rise fast and high. This rise is measured using a scale called the glycemic index (GI for short), which is how Low GI diets got their name.
It is only carbohydrates which affect blood sugar and insulin levels to any significant degree. Foods containing high amounts of carbohydrate include flour and sugar, potatoes, rice, corn and other grains and the many foods made with them. In general, the GI of a carbohydrate food becomes higher the more highly processed it is. So for instance, mashed potatoes have a higher GI than boiled potatoes, and white bread made with highly refined white flour has a higher GI than whole grain bread. Lesser amounts of carbohydrate are found in peas and beans, nuts and seeds, fruits and vegetables and milk and milk products.
Carbohydrate-free foods (eg fats and proteins such as meat, poultry, fish and pure protein powders) and foods containing so little carbohydrate that their glycemic effect is not measurable (eg cheese and eggs) are not limited from the glycemic index point of view. However, there may be other reasons to avoid the food - for instance if it is a trans fat.
The basic rules of any low carbs/GI diet plan are to:
bullet.gif
Reduce intake of concentrated sugars and starches
bullet.gif
Swap highly refined flour products such as white bread, low-fibre breakfast cereals and quick-cooking starches for grain products produced using traditional methods (eg wholewheat pasta, stone-ground flour, old-fashioned oatmeal)
bullet.gif
Choose whole grains such as brown rice, buckwheat and quinoa instead of potatoes and white rice
bullet.gif
Increase intake of peas and beans, nuts and seeds and most vegetables and fruits

Many low carb/GI diets also advocate choosing lean meat and low fat dairy products in order to keep intake of saturated fat low.
Not all low GI plans are specifically aimed at weight loss. Some are simply aimed at healthy eating, which is important for your long term health even if you don't have any weight to lose. The foods that cause the highest rises in blood sugar and insulin levels are bad for you in general, as they tend to be highly processed. This strips them of the vitamins, minerals, enzymes and fibre that your body needs in order to be healthy. By eating the low carb/GI way, you are reducing your consumption of unhealthy foods such as white flour, sugar and white rice and replacing them with nutrient-dense, fibre-rich whole grains and other unprocessed foods such as fruits and vegetables.
The main difference between a 'healthy eating' low GI plan and a 'weight reducing' low GI plan is the degree to which carbohydrates are restricted. Just switching to a lower GI way of eating than you are currently following may be enough to produce weight loss, but this depends on your individual metabolism and how sensitive you are to carbohydrates. For many people, losing weight on a low GI diet means choosing one that restricts carbohydrate foods quite severely.
Here we are assuming that you are considering a low GI diet because you want to achieve weight loss as well as better health. We have created two methods of following a low GI diet so that you can choose the one which best suits the way you like to do things. The first will suit you if you prefer to approach things in a very exact and detailed way. On the other hand, if you are the kind of person who prefers a less detailed approach, then our second method may suit you best.
colorbar.gif

Method 1 - the detailed approach

If you wish to follow a low GI diet in a very exact and detailed way, you will need to plan your menus by looking up the GI ratings of all the carbohydrate foods you plan to eat at each meal.
It is probably best to start your diet by eating only those carbohydrate foods which rank Low on the GI scale. If your individual metabolism does not require such a strict approach, you could choose Low GI foods most of the time and Medium GI foods some of the time. If you are very lucky, you may even be able to add High GI foods occasionally and still lose weight.
GI rating ranges

Most GI rating tables give values on a scale of 1 to 100. Deciding at which points on the scale a Low GI score becomes a Medium one, and a Medium one a High one can only be arbitrary - the difference in glycemic effect of two foods with scores either side of a category limit will not be any greater than the difference between two foods that rank next to each other in the same category. The Low, Medium and High categories can therefore only be an approximate guide.
The following categories are the most common among low GI plans:
Low0 to 55Medium56 to 70High71 to 100

Points to remember:
bullet.gif
Proteins (such as meat, poultry, fish, cheese, eggs) and fats are free foods as far as GI is concerned. You can eat these in normal portions. An adequate quantity of protein is essential for health, and so is fat (but there are 'good' fats and 'bad' fats.
bullet.gif
Remember that your health depends upon an adequate intake of vitamins, minerals, enzymes and fibre. Eating plenty of vegetables and salads in addition to protein foods and fats is an important way of ensuring you get the wide range of nutrients your body needs. Fruits are also valuable providers of vitamins, minerals and fibre, but experts confirm that vegetables contain just as wide a range of nutrients as fruits do, if you cannot tolerate fruits.
bullet.gif
Keep in mind that some foods are a ready-made mixture of carbohydrates and protein and often, fats too (eg nuts and seeds, peas and beans, grains, milk)
bullet.gif
It is the overall glycemic effect of your meals that counts. When you make a meal that contains foods from different GI categories, the overall glycemic effect will be the average of the ratings for the individual foods. So coupling a High GI food with a Low GI food will have the approximate effect on your blood sugar/insulin of a Medium GI food. For instance, a baked potato (High) eaten with baked beans (Low) will give an overall Medium GI effect. Similarly, pour milk (Low) on cornflakes (High) to achieve a Medium GI effect.
bullet.gif
Don't forget that you can get an even better GI-reducing effect by coupling a carbohydrate food with a carbohydrate-free food - in other words, eating protein and/or fat with your carbohydrate. For instance, you could accompany a potato with a portion of GI-free food such as meat or fish, or put olive oil on your rice salad to bring down the overall glycemic effect.
bullet.gif
The GI rating for a food remains the same, however much of it you eat in your meal. But this does not mean you can have a double size portion - if you do, the increased quantity will still cause a higher glycemic effect than you would get if you ate a normal portion.

More tools to help you
colorbar.gif

Method 2 - the approximate approach

If you prefer a less detailed way of planning your menus the low GI way, you can simply make your carbohydrate choices according to the 'Eat more', 'Cut out/severely restrict' and 'Swap' lists below.
If you don't see a particular food listed, and it is a salad or non-starchy vegetable, you can be sure it's in the 'Eat more' category. If it's white bread, white rice, sugary drinks, cakes, biscuits/cookies, pastries, desserts or sweets, then you should assume it is in the 'Cut out/severely restrict' category.
Keep in mind that foods marked * such as whole grains, starchy vegetables and some fruits are in between on the GI scale - treat them cautiously until you know you can include them in your diet and still lose weight.
Points to remember
bullet.gif
Proteins (such as meat, poultry, fish, cheese, eggs) and fats are free foods as far as GI is concerned. You can eat these in normal portions. An adequate quantity of protein is essential for health, and so is fat (but there are 'good' fats and 'bad' fats. Keep in mind that some foods are a ready-made mixture of carbohydrates and protein and often, fats too (eg nuts and seeds, peas and beans, grains, milk)
bullet.gif
Remember that your health depends upon an adequate intake of vitamins, minerals, enzymes and fibre. Eating plenty of vegetables and salads in addition to protein foods and fats is an important way of ensuring you get the wide range of nutrients your body needs. Fruits are also valuable providers of vitamins, minerals and fibre, but experts confirm that vegetables contain just as wide a range of nutrients as fruits do, if you cannot tolerate fruits.
bullet.gif
It is the overall glycemic effect of your meals that counts. So coupling a 'Cut out/severely restrict' food with an 'Eat more' food will reduce the overall effect on your blood sugar/insulin of the High GI food.
bullet.gif
Don't forget that you can get an even better GI-reducing effect by coupling a carbohydrate food with a carbohydrate-free food - in other words, eating protein and/or fat with your carbohydrate. For instance, you could accompany a potato with a portion of GI-free food such as meat or fish, or put olive oil on your rice salad to bring down the overall glycemic effect.
bullet.gif
The GI rating for a food remains the same, however much of it you eat in your meal. But this does not mean you can have a double size portion - if you do, the increased quantity will still cause a higher glycemic effect than you would get if you ate a normal portion.
Choosing your carbohydrate foods by the approximate method

Eating in a healthy low GI way means:
Eating more of the following carbohydrate foods:
tick_blue.gif
All green vegetables including broccoli, courgettes/zucchini, green beans, kale
tick_blue.gif
All white vegetables including cauliflower, white cabbage, mushrooms, radishes
tick_blue.gif
All salad vegetables such as lettuce, cucumber, peppers, tomatoes
tick_blue.gif
Whole fruits such as apples, cherries, grapefruit, pears, plums, oranges, strawberries, peaches
tick_blue.gif
Pulses such as lentils, chickpeas and dried beans
tick_blue.gif
Seeds such as linseeds/flax, pumpkin, sunflower, sesame and hemp
tick_blue.gif
Nuts such as almonds, brazils, walnuts, pine nuts, macadamias and peanuts
tick_blue.gif
Plain yoghurt
tick_blue.gif
High fibre, unsweetened cereals such as All Bran and muesli
tick_blue.gif
High fibre, whole grain bread *
tick_blue.gif
Sweet potatoes *
tick_blue.gif
Whole wheat pasta *
tick_blue.gif
Brown basmati rice, buckwheat grains, quinoa, bulgur wheat, pearl barley *

* whole grains, starchy vegetables and some fruits are in between on the GI scale - treat them cautiously until you know you can include them in your diet and still lose weight

Cutting out or severely restricting the following carbohydrate foods:
cross_pink.gif
Starchy vegetables such as parsnips and cooked carrots
cross_pink.gif
Ripe bananas
cross_pink.gif
Fruit yoghurts and desserts high in sugar such as imitation mousse
cross_pink.gif
Fruit juices
cross_pink.gif
Dried figs, dates
cross_pink.gif
White bread, baguettes, bagels
cross_pink.gif
Cream crackers, white rice cakes
cross_pink.gif
Iced cakes and pastries, filled biscuits/cookies, doughnuts
cross_pink.gif
Scones, crumpets, waffles
cross_pink.gif
Sweet pies
cross_pink.gif
Fruit canned in syrup
cross_pink.gif
Breakfast cereals containing sugar
cross_pink.gif
Baked and mashed potatoes, chips/fries
cross_pink.gif
White rice
cross_pink.gif
Corn and rice pasta
cross_pink.gif
Pizza
cross_pink.gif
Popcorn
cross_pink.gif
High sugar jams/jelly
cross_pink.gif
Crisps/chips and other potato- and corn-based snacks
cross_pink.gif
Fruit drinks containing added sugar
cross_pink.gif
Fizzy drinks containing sugar
cross_pink.gif
Sweets/sugar candy and chocolate bars/chocolate candy
cross_pink.gif
Thickened soups
cross_pink.gif
Table sugar
cross_pink.gif
Ice cream containing glucose syrup or high levels of other sugars

Swapping high/medium GI for medium/low GI foods:

Swap this ...... for this ...

cross_pink.gif
Refined sugary cereal
tick_blue.gif
Old-fashioned oatmeal porridge
cross_pink.gif
Cornflakes or rice krispies
tick_blue.gif
All bran or muesli
cross_pink.gif
White bread sandwich
tick_blue.gif
Whole grain / granary bread sandwich
cross_pink.gif
Baked potato
tick_blue.gif
Basmati rice, wholegrain rice or sweet potato
cross_pink.gif
White rice
tick_blue.gif
Basmati rice or wholegrain rice
cross_pink.gif
Biscuits/cookies
tick_blue.gif
Small handful of nuts, or raw vegetable sticks with cheese
cross_pink.gif
Cola or other regular fizzy drink
tick_blue.gif
Artificially sweetened fizzy drink (or better still, water)
cross_pink.gif
Sweets/sugar candy
tick_blue.gif
Apple or pear or other low GI fruit
cross_pink.gif
Fruit-filled chocolate bar
tick_blue.gif
Plain dark chocolate (70% or more cocoa solids)
cross_pink.gif
Jam/jelly or marmalade on toast
tick_blue.gif
Egg on toast
cross_pink.gif
Curry with rice
tick_blue.gif
Curry with chickpeas or lentils
cross_pink.gif
Rice cakes
tick_blue.gif
Oatcakes
cross_pink.gif
Milk chocolate bar
tick_blue.gif
Fun-size Snickers bar, a few chocolate peanuts or dark chocolate
cross_pink.gif
Pretzels
tick_blue.gif
Walnuts
colorbar.gif

More tools to help you

To make it even easier for you to achieve success with your diet, we have developed the following tools to help you:
Finding low GI recipes

You don't necessarily have to look for 'low GI' recipes to be sure that a recipe is OK for you to use on your low GI diet. All very low carb recipes are also suitable for low GI diets - if a food is very low in carbs, it cannot have an appreciable glycemic effect. All recipes in The Low Carb / Low GI Cookbook are suitable for low GI diets.
If you are not losing weight on your low GI plan

Keep in mind that many people have a low level of tolerance for carbohydrates, even the 'good' or Low to Medium GI ones. If your low GI plan allows a level of carbs which is too high for you as an individual, this may stop you losing weight. If this happens, try substituting the higher carb items for lower carb foods. For instance, instead of wholegrain bread, substitute bread made with flours made from healthy, low carb flax seeds, almonds, soya beans, hemp or sesame seeds instead of high carb wheat, rye or corn. Delicious and easy to make breads made with these low carb, super-healthy ingredients can be found in The Low Carb / Low GI Cookbook.

Thanks hun,
I wouldn't be able to stick to CD 100% - so I am adding some food now and then. Of course trying to keep as little carbs as possible but sometimes it's simply impossible :-/ (nights out with friends etc.)
So I am experimenting with Cambridge and it seems to work for me.

My biggest problem is CD cost and I really can't afford to spend £40 every week for at least next 12 weeks!!! Just can't - if that was an option I would stick to CD and breeze through....

That's why I have been researching different meal replacement shakes (proteins no sugar) and just bough two HUGE tins (980g each) from Holland & Barrett. These are yuckk but fill me nicely instead of breakfast and dinner. I also use some hot soups (slim-a-coup) in between and have some chicken or fish bites now and then.

So yeah, it's drastic but it keeps me in ketosis. And yesterday - I walked through every single food isle and didn't fancy ANYTHING - just don't want to eat and love it. Even liking the fact that I am getting a lil bit dizzy at time. I am not going to keep it so extreme for long - it's not feasible. But if I could keep going on with one meal a day for a lil - that would be a bonus.
Have to play lotto tonite - might win enough money to keep me on CD for a while - fingers crossed!!!

Just be careful though - feeling dizzy is not so good.................

HIYA!! Sorry i haven't been around for a couple of days, managed to make it into work and it has been sooo busy!!
It's raining here today, will be so glad to finally be rid of the snow :D

I couldn't WI again this week cause of the snow (devestated to say the least!!!) I'm hoping for quite a loss next week :)
How are you getting on this week?? I hope you're okay? xxxxxx

(Thanks for the Low Carb info, i might try incorporating this into my WW as a bit of a boost!!)

How was ur weekend Chloe???

U still doing your own version of CD?? How's it going??.x

Hiya Chloe!! Feels like we haven't spoken in ages!! How was ur weekend hun? xx

Back