Minimins CD 2008 - sign in thread

Today is Day 1 for me on SS CD.

I have tried previously and know how hard it can be but also now know how easy it is!
I have tried every diet going and not lost weight because I can't stick to them.

This is drastic but needs to be done.

At a wedding in jUly so want to loose 5 stone if possible by then.

Hello, I started 3 days ago. Although I'm hungry I am excited, I am finding all these threads very complicated and can't find my original!!
I have 2 and 1/2 stone to lose, BMI 30. All down hill till March

Hi, I'm Helen, and I started SS yesterday, not finding it too hard as yet (day 2) but made sure I prepared by following a low carb regime for a week before, so I got past the headachey bit last week :).
This is my first time on a VLCD and I'm hoping I can stick to it and would like to lose 6 stone. I've never been thin, was fat as a child from about 8, and the 'she's fat' label stuck land became a self fulfiling prophecy. I'm now 36, nearly 37 and it really is time to shed that label. I would love to be able to walk into any shop and buy clothes that I like rather than just find clothes that fit in certain shops. I am currently hiding under my long black winter coat and want to emerge from it butterfly like in spring. This site is full of inspring people, and I want to be like them too, I've done my before pics and I hope to be posting some after ones in a few months time :)

Hello, I am Sheila. I have a 13 year old DD and a 4 year old DS. I am 45 years old and very conscious that I will probably be the oldest mum in the playground when he starts school in September. I REALLY do not want to be the OLDEST FATTEST MUM IN THE PLAYGROUND :(, so I am determined to lose lots and lots of weight by then.

Starting weight: 14 stone 6.2 pounds
Weight loss in week one: 10 pounds :)
Five days into week two: 3 pounds :)

Will be delighted if I manage a stone in two weeks - Last year it took me 11 weeks to lose a stone, at which point I gave up!

I have been enjoying reading everyone's posts, getting ideas and inspiration. :party0011:

Hey!

My name is Sarah from East London. I'm a 20 year old student who lives with her uni peers. I currently weigh in at 12 stone 6 lbs... hoping to be 9 stones by the end of march (fingers crossed).. urrm At my heaviest I have been 14 stone!! and for a girl only 5'4 tall thats a lot of FAT to be carrying around. Hopefully I will do this 100% and get to my GOAL! xxx

hi!
my name is Lauren, i'm 19 and a student at the royal vet college in london. i'm just over 5 ft 6 and started off at an all time high for me - 16st 7; i think i probably put on around a stone in my first term at uni from excessive drinking and eating pasta practically every night - its easy and quick! plus there's a mcDonalds on the corner between my flat and the tube station so every time i went out for the night, if it was open when i stumbled back, i'd get a mcDs - new yrs res to never go in a mcD again for as long as i live!
just thought i'd add my name to the newbie list - i started on friday jan 11th and am now down to 14st 11! i feel much much better about myself and the future; when i reach my target i'll be able to go out happily without drinking to make myself feel less self-conscious, which is the main reason i always used to do it so often.
anyway, everyone on here seems lovely, so i joined tonight. i really want to feel good about myself in summer clothes this year - i think it'd be the first time since we moved back to england when i was 11!
was just wondering - how do you get that weightloss scale thing on your posts?
lauren xxxxx

Hello

Hi, I'm Peter and this is day 5 of Cambridge for me!

So far, so good. Tried WW and Atkins etc in the past, but like the "just eat our sachets" approach of CD. First weigh in Thursday......

Hi all, I'm Julie and I work part time at an upper school and I'm also a scrapbook demonstrator.

I've been following the lipotrim diet for 3 months and lost 4 stone. I've gone from a size 24/26 to a size 20 (and boy does it feel good not to look for the biggest size in shops!)

I'm now on my 2nd week of CD and am loving the flavours. I'm trying to up my exercise and am trying to get out with the kids as much as possible at the moment as they are on half term.

I have been struggling lately but have set myself a mini goal - I want to lose another 3 stone by mid-end of April, so plan to hang about this forum to keep me going.

Hiya,
Im a newbie here too. I have just started CD after trying Lipotrim for 3 days, I am much happier that there are more flavours and options with CD and so am looking forward to getting slim.
I did LL about 4 years ago and lost about 4.5 stones, I did go on to put it all back on again, but I know I did not work at keeping it off, I just went back to my old ways - so it was my own fault. At least this time I know better!
Currently am 16st 6lbs and hope to be in the 15s when i get weighed next wednesday :)
I have so much to look forward to in 2008, it will all be so very much nicer if I can be slim too!!
Good Luck Everyone!

Hi ya

I'm Sammie, a stay at home mum to my little boy who is 5 1/2 months old, also have another little lad of 6.
I started CD today and am hoping to shift about a stone and a half, I am 5'7 and currently 11stone 1lbs which is fine for my height but i was 9stone 5 before falling preggers with my second so i really want to get back to that weight as i felt most comfortable then. Hopefully it wont take me too long to lose, i wanna be slim by Summer!!

Good luck everyone and look forward to chatting with some of you around the board.

Sammie x

Hi everyone

Newbie to CD and its taking me a while to get used to the site/threads/sticky's etc!
Today is Day 4 for me on SS and I am in Ketosis (my little stick confirmed it this morning!)

I have tried all sorts of diets but really don't have the willpower to stick with SW WW Atkins for more than 2 weeks at a time.

My sis is getting married in July and the last time I was happy with my weight was my own wedding 3 years ago when I was under 15st.
I'm currently 19st 8 and have a lot to lose but boy am I motivated this time round.

CD is what I need cos i'm not given too much to think about and hate the thought of having a diet rule your life. I know this is for the short-term and if i can get down to my ideal weight I will (hope to) maintain it

Wish me luck :)

Hiya!
I'm Lisa, and I'm seventeen. 5ft 6 and half, and currently aiming to drop from nearly 18stone to 10stone before I turn eighteen, preferably! Tried and tested WW and SW, wasn't happening for me and this is the first time EVER i'm trying a VLCD! I'm doing the diet with Jo, the mum of the baby I babysit and her friend Jennifer, who's related to a girl who went to primary school with me. So I'm semi not alone out here! First day is today, and my weigh ins are Tuesdays, it's more convienient for me :)

I'm a college student, and I want to be able to join the RAF when I turn 21, and I need to be fit and healthy and not so fat! So that's my inspiration. I'd rather be 10 stone though. not into the skinny ratty model look!

Hiya!
I'm Lisa, and I'm seventeen. 5ft 6 and half, and currently aiming to drop from nearly 18stone to 10stone before I turn eighteen, preferably! Tried and tested WW and SW, wasn't happening for me and this is the first time EVER i'm trying a VLCD! I'm doing the diet with Jo, the mum of the baby I babysit and her friend Jennifer, who's related to a girl who went to primary school with me. So I'm semi not alone out here! First day is today, and my weigh ins are Tuesdays, it's more convienient for me :)

I'm a college student, and I want to be able to join the RAF when I turn 21, and I need to be fit and healthy and not so fat! So that's my inspiration. I'd rather be 10 stone though. not into the skinny ratty model look!

Hi lisajane and a big welcome from me :)

You can see my starting weight below and that I am on day 3 of CD so I hope that reassures you that we are all in this together :D

I think your goal of the RAF by 21 is excellent and there is no reason why you can't do the work now and achieve that goal.

Lovely to meet you and I hope you have a good look around this site and our community and feel at home very quickly. Post as much as you want and on any thread that you want and let us all support you as much as possible.

Lacey..xx :D

Hello, I'm HelenaHandbasket, and this is my first day on SS. I'm excited, but also really nervous about what's ahead. I've lost lots of weight in the past, through straightforward calorie counting and exercise, but always put it all back on again. I'd really like to lose 8.5 stone by the end of the year. Is that even feasible? What's the average loss per month? I'd really like to know what the hardest part/times of the diet are likely to be. I'm someone who needs to know the worst!

Hi, I'm Dinosaur and started CD last week. I'm mum to 3 gorgeous children 4, 3 and 1, and have decided now is the time to loose this 'mummy tummy' for good!

I've been finding the diet ok so far, I think it helps that I have a really sweet tooth, so the thought of drinking yummy milkshakes is actually pretty appealling! My favourite is the Toffee and Walnut which reminds me of the icing on a coffee cake:drool:.

I've got 5 stone 2 lb's to lose, which is a bit of a scary thought, but I'm feeling motivated and just want to get on with it now.

This board has been fab during my first week and has really inspired me.

Dinosaur

Week 1 - 11lbs:)

Hi there, I introduced myself yesterday. I just started CD today. First time on CD, did LT last year.
I'm 36, 5'7 and weigh 15 stone 3.5 lbs (BMI 33.4). To get to a BMI of just under 25 I need to get to 11 stone 4 lbs. So I am aiming to lose 4 stone exactly.

I gave up work a couple of years ago to stay at home with my two daughters, aged 28mths and 16mths.

I wish I could say that it was pregnancy weight that I was losing but the weight was there before I was pregnant.

Delighted I found this website, I look forward to talking to you all.

Hello Everyone,

I am Charlotte from London. I am 37 and weigh 14s5 and I am 5'7. I just called the CD counselor and left a message, I am anxious to start and scared as heck too. I hope she phones me back soon.

Back