Minimins CD 2008 - sign in thread

Hi All

:wavey:

I just started sole source on saturday... next weigh in this saturday. I managed to lose a stone myself but was having difficulty with the last stone 1.5stone :argh:

so decided to take the plung and do the Cambridge Diet!

Looking forward to loads of support! The personal stories here are brill

Stats
Height: 5' 5"
Start Weight: 12st 3lbs

Hi Everyone,

I'm 37 and am starting CD on Tuesday I'm very excited about getting started and I've been reading all the threads the last couple of days and they have been really encouraging to see everyones progress :)

I feel like I have been on a permanent diet of one kind or another for the last 5 years and all I have to show for it louder groans from my scales LOL. So I've decided that drastic action is required.

Looking forward to chatting to you over the next few months....

H

Hey Welcome Hedgehog! From the emerald Isle aswell I see!!

well I hope this is encouracge ment for you I had my first weight loss weigh in this week!!

Start Weight: 13st 4lbs
1st CD Weight: 12st 3lbs
Goal Weight: 10st 5lbs

Wk 1: - 7.5lbs :D

NEW STARTER

hi Going to be starting the cambridge diet on wednesday just hoping i wont want food scarry when u first start and dont realy no what to expect

hi i am mona ans i am new to CD today is my first day .my i am 33 years old looking for buddy and support my

Start Weight: 15st 9lbs = 223.6 lbs and i am 5.8ft hight

[email protected]

Afternoon all hope your all doing well just wanted to tell everyone have finished my first week and had a weight in 11lbs ! im so happy given me alot or motivation and first week wasn't THAT bad, but i made it yay.:D

Hello everyone!

I am very new to the site but have been really encouraged by everyone's sucess stories! My name is Becky, I live just outside Manchester and work as a teaching assistant whilst studying in Huddersfield.

I am 5ft 1 and was 12st 3lb when I started CD 7 days ago and have lost 10lb so far!
Must admit that I have been hungry and craving things (chippy chips today!) but have been reading the citric acid thread and thing I am going wrong trying to tweak the CD to what I fancy - diet drinks!

The site is fantastic and gives lots of motivation and advice - which I know I will need!

Hello
I'm Helen and I am 21.
Don't let my join date fool you, :sign0144:, I am in the first week of my diet. I joined when I was doing the lighter life diet. Unfortunately there was a death in the family that threw me off course. But no one who is left in my family is due to die any time soon.
I weight 18 stone now and in September I will be a bridesmaid :eek: scary stuff!

Hello!

Im Rachael, 30 and started the Cambridge Diet on Tuesday, April Fools Day! Day 3 was the worst for me and these past 2 days I have felt great. On Tuesday I weighed 17st 1lb and I will get weighed again this Tuesday eve.

So far so good..... I look forward to supporting others on here!

Rxx

Hi everyone, I'm Kangy, I'm 37 with a 7 year old daughter and 3 year old twin boys (nearly snap, Jools!!:D). I have had weight issues all my life, but they got much, much worse after the birth of my daughter an dthe fact that I could then sit at home all day and eat, eat, eat and no one would know!:mad:

Anyhow I lost 3 stone on CD, but, in the third year of my degree, I left it alone and the weight has piled back on :break_diet: however, I am back on day 4 now of SS, I had stock in and I go to see my CDC tomorrow. Very cross with myself that I allowed the weight to go back on, but there you go it's done now so just have to undo it!

Glad to be back at MiniMins though!

K xx

Liquid life

Hi, I'm JaxieD, I'm mum to 2 boys aged 9 and 7 and i work full time. I have been on a permanent diet more or less for about 13 years (since met my OH actually - so it's all his fault:D) I need to lose over 4 stone and am currently on Day 4 of SS + 1 and have been taking 200mls skimmed milk in my tea throughout the day. Today, i think i'm in ketosis (Stick thing looks pink) so am gonna replace the milk and have a 200 cal green and white meal as well as my 3 shakes (SS + 1 610). Have had a rough few days but today so far is not too bad although i still have cravings for things I don't feel that hungry. Maybe that feeling will never go as i am an emotional eater (boredom, stress, tiredness, anything really:rolleyes:). I turn 40 in July and would like to be a slim Jim. Worried about keeping it off as lost 3 stone b4 with WW and put all back again. Can only try my best. Good luck to everyone and keep it up.

Keep gluggin the water!!!:D

Hello I'm Chebs and I just turned 30. I am mum to three kids, one aged 9, one aged 1 and one aged 40.:D I was very ill with my first daughter and as a result of pre eclampsia went from 10 st to 17 and never really had a chance in hell of losing weight as I was so depressed after a traumatic birth that I ate myself to oblivion. I managed to get down to 12 st 9 before my second baby all by myself, just cutting out the copious amounts of alcohol I used to drink but then I got pregnant again and have stalled at 15 st 8. I started the Cambridge diet 2 days ago and so far I feel really good, the packet flavours are pretty impressive, I'm drinking 3 - 4 litres a day and I haven't had any major side effects apart from waking up in the middle of the night with the shakes, but that's totally copeable seeing as I weighed myself this morning and seem to be 14st 12 if my scales aren't broken!:eek:

Hi Chebs, I only started too but didn;t prepare myself very well at all (binged the whole week previous), thus went through hell the first couple of days with mega cravings. Still not totally great but hope by 2moro i might feel less hungry!!! i've really got to lose the weight this time so this is really last chance saloon - have tried every other blinkin diet on the planet, almost!!!:D.

Good luck and keep the threads posted with your progress - my 1st weigh isn't til the 17th:eek: as my CDC lives quite far away so it's a visit every 2 weeks although i may start tracking my weight at home coz it;s a long time to weigh in and need motivation!!:jelous:

JaxieD

Im Corioboria aka Debbie, I'm 40 with 2 kids aged 5 and 3. I'm starting Cambridge on 29th April & am just starting to wind down the food & jack up my water intake in anticipation of this. I've started on here already as part of my preparation.

I've got about 3 stone to lose - not much compared to some, but still quite nervous. I haven't done a VLCD before although tried just about evrything else. Hopefully this is it this time.

good idea

Last edited:
Hi,I`m so much to lose aka elaine.I`ve just started cd on 7th april.I`ve 2 kids lauryn 7 and jack 4,they keep me busy let me tell ye!!Anyway i`ve pretty much been overweight to some degree most of my adult life,My heaviest weight was 19 st 4lbs,i`m now down to 18st through diet and exercise alone but i`m off on holiday in july and it`s not coming off quick enough so i started cd.1st weigh in on monday so i`ll keep you posted,
best of luck to you all,we can do this,i know we can.
elaine x

Hi, i'm Karen, i'm 37 and live in Norfolk with my partner, 2 and a half year old daughter and 1 and a half year old son. By day i'm a sahm, by night i'm a p/t office administrator.
Tomorrow i start the Cambridge Diet and i'm scared, nervous, excited & determined all wrapped up in one.
I've been "big" pretty much all my adult life, with the exception of 1995 when i got down to 9 and a half stone with WW. Since then i have tried many things to shift my weight, mostly half-heartedly & with no real success.
I'm now the heaviest i've ever been, weighing more than when i was 9 months pregnant with my 2nd child :(
So i'm starting out at 18st 4lbs and aiming for something in the region of 13 stone ultimately - really just want to be able to buy clothes in regular shops & run about with the children without feeling like i've just done a marathon :)
I remembered a lady i know from another forum mentioning this site and how great it is for support, so here I am!
Wishing you all luck x

Hello I'm Sez (Sarah) I started LL in Feb 07 and by Xmas I had lost about 8 stone. I decided to "take a break" over Xmas, but this ran on to all the family birthdays, and Easter. In that time I regained at such a fast rate I am now 3 stone heavier than I was. :(

I called my CDC (after deciding I couldnt afford & didnt want to return to LL) on Monday afternoon, this week, and by 8.30pm I had all the packs and was raring to go for my first CD week!

I am now on day 3, and in ketosis, freezing cold, a bit woozy but looking forward again, instead of hating myself.

I am 5'5", I weighed 15st 3lb on Monday, and now I weigh 15st exactly. I am not sure of my ultimate goal. My BMI goal should be at least 10 1/2 stone, but I was happy at 12 stone, so maybe 11 will suit me. I am not going to ruled by the BMI thing, as I know that even now, I am so much healthier than before!!

Wish me luck!!

I'm Mike, from Nottingham, I currently weigh 25.4stone, and need to be around 14ish. I'll be starting the cambridge Diet this coming saturday, I have all the stuff ready and i'm willing to do this!!

Hi, I'm McGonnagle, aka Becky or Bex. I started the Cambridge Diet two weeks ago and I've lost 15 pounds so far, which I'm really pleased with :)

I've been a yo-yo dieter for most of my life, and have tried most of the usual diets - WW, SW, RC. I do lose weight on them, but then something will happen to distract me and before I know it I've gained back all that I've lost and some extra. I've been hovering somewhere between 13 and 16 and a half stone for about 15 years now, and have decided it's time once and for all to get to a healthy weight and stay there!

This is the first time I've tried CD and I'm feeling OK on it at the moment :cool: Glad to be in my third week so I can have the bars - I've really missed chewing!) I've got a few things to aim for - friends' weddings at the end of May and in July, but I'm really hoping to be at target by October, when I'm going to the US on holiday. I'd love to take all my 'fat' clothes in a suitcase, give them to a charity shop out there and buy a whole new wardrobe at one of the outlet places to bring back!

I've been reading the threads on the minimins site, and it seems like a great place to be to get support and ideas. :D

Back