"Minimins Fallen Angels"

Just did my weigh in.....

I came in at 13st 8lbs making me 'only' overweight at 5ft 7inches. :D

I have lost 11lbs this week and have now settled into autopilot. :)

The plan is to try to just weigh weekly although I have become addicted to the scales so might have to do a bit of weaning rather than just going cold turkey :rolleyes:

Shazza you are on a journey so I know you will continue to work hard today to carry on with all the good work. ;)

Mini, I'm glad you are happy with your hair. I have to admit that I am very ambivilent about mine. I usually have 'hat hair' anyway so try not to think about it :p

Looking forward to reading everybody elses updates and thoughts about this coming week. :)

came in at 13st 8lbs making me 'only' overweight at 5ft 7inches. :D

I have lost 11lbs this week and have now settled into autopilot. :)

Congratulations and well done on your 11lbs off:happy036::happy096:

And very well done on being 'only' overweight!!!:talk017:

Nice height!

'Hat Hair':p Hats are all in this winter so your in style:D

As for weighing every morning, there's pros and cons....

I myself love to weigh first thing, when I don't it usually means I have gone into denial:(

Love Mini xxx

I know what you mean mini :(

The attitude I am trying to reclaim is that I am doing this diet to the best of my ability so there is nothing more I can do to make it drop off any faster - except perhaps shave my legs as that should get a stone off straight away! :p

Trouble is with that is then I spend my life wishing that time would pass quicker which isn't very nice either :confused:

Oh well, I'll take it as it comes!

I'm off to do the horse now and sign the lease for the field hense my pensive mood. I won't be happy until I hold in my hand a piece of paper!

Oh no 4 good days 3 bad

OMG got to tell the truth and admit the truth

4 very good days very motivated then had family berevement ~ no thats no excuse ~ then went off the rails and had 3 really really bad days.

Will try and get back on the wagon tomorrow ~ docs at 9.30 funeral at 11.15

I know I shouldnt but when I am at funerals I really really grieve for my gorgeous Mum all over again ~ I am crying as I write this and I feel bit disrespectful to Edna who passed but in all honesty I am crying for my Mum. Will try and hold it all together tomorrow but I need to admit once and for all that :-

Loosing my Father 3 days before my18th birthday from leukemia and him been so very very ill for such a long time has had such a dramatic effect on who I am and how I cope (or not) with stress. My Dad dying was the start of all my comfort eating ~ I feel loved when I eat how riduculous is that. I am an intellegent 50 year old woman who cannot change no matter what I do my self destructive food issues. I think of my lovely Dad every day of my life even though its 32 years since I lost him. When my amazing Mum died my whole world fell apart (my consultant says thats what triggered my RA )

7 years now and even though I have a full and happy family life and quiet alot of very good supportive friends

I AM ALONE

Not lonely just alone

I miss most of all her amazing spirit and her lovely stories. I would walk into her bungalow and say "any news Mum" and as she was one of eleven children she would always have a story to tell with bits added on to spice it up. She was a strong independant woman who worked full time (now that was rare when I was a child in the 60's and 70's) and she would be most cross with me if she could see me now crying at a computer screen so enough is enough

Thanks for reading this and lots of love to all the lovely Mums who are looking down on us from above

Love Love

((((hugs))))

I lost my Dad 23 years ago and I too think of him every day......also It would have been his 91st birthday last week. That was hard.

You sound as tho you had wonderful parents, remember all the fun times and hold on to the memories.....(((hugs)))

I'm off to do the horse now and sign the lease for the field hense my pensive mood. I won't be happy until I hold in my hand a piece of paper!

Hope it all went well for you chicken and that you have a field for your horse.

Trouble is with that is then I spend my life wishing that time would pass quicker which isn't very nice either :confused:

Felt like that before but not this time, as I think I have incorporated the diet more into my psychic.

Dare I say I am enjoying it so far. Probably because I am feeling so well:)

Off to collect my gold star for today.

Love Mini xxx

Thanks Hedgemag

Yes I am honoured to have amazing memories ~ trying to make brand new memories with my 2 lovely little grandkids. Hope they remember me with such fondness

Oh heck ~ thats sounds very sorry for myself

Sorry peeps

Just having a "woe is me I am an orphan" moment ~ will be ok when got the funeral out of the way. The big trouble is, I look just like my Mum did ~ enough alike for people to take a sharp intake of breath and go OMG you just look like Doreen ~ its lovely, I am very proud to be like my Mum and for people to remember her but a little bit tough too. I will smile to everyone in the morning when they fondly talk about my Mum and Dad and how much I remind them of my Mum ~ I will put my "lippy " on and smile and face them all as usual ~ just as my Mum would have wanted me too. But its hard

Thanks for listening

Love to all

Hi Shaza,

Hugs and you too Hedgemag!

I think it is only natural that we hold those who we once loved and loved us back close to our hearts and funerals do bring it all back.

What is time...it has been proved that women do have the capability to put themselves back in the moment instantly as if it were only yesterday.

Ask any husband how far back his wife can go and recall with minute detail events he has long forgotten.:p

I also connect food with my mother as she loved us and everyone with food. She was a very good tasty cook and no matter how many was in our house at meal time, my mother always had enough to go around.

I am sure like any mother she would want the best for you and for you to be happy.

Tears are good as they release tension and sometimes there is nothing to beat a good cry.

Some things in life are irreplaceable and I think a loving mother and father are just that.

Love Mini xxx

Ah Mini

Some things in life are irreplaceable and I think a loving mother and father are just that.

Just what I needed someone to say ~ that came just like a virtual "mummy" hug

Ate chocolate ~ not made me feel any better though ~ just sick !!!!

One day I will vow not to turn to food for comfort ~ I will not eat tomorrow no matter what and that will be my number one baby step to healing. At the momemt dont really care what I weigh its not about a number its all about changing my attitude to food and nuturing

Got a headache through self analizing and beating myself up about the whole eating thing.

Funny though I can hear my Mum saying "for goodness sake Shar Shar enough already ~ spit on your hands, put your lippy on, smile and get on with it"

Going to have a nice warm bath and go to bed ~ I feel exhausted (all those carbs !!!!)

Love Love and thanks for caring about a pathetic crying self indulgent silly old sod !!!

[QUOTEFunny though I can hear my Mum saying "for goodness sake Shar Shar enough already ~ spit on your hands, put your lippy on, smile and get on with it"
][/QUOTE]

Do it in honour of your Mum:hug99:

Have a good sleep. Tomorrow is a new day:)

Love Mini xxx

Thanks Mini

Your words are so wise and caring x x x x

Sorry about your Dad Hedgemag ~ birthdays (and indeed christmas time) are so tough. But I do believe that birthdays are still celebrated in heaven but pain and worry free.

I feel much much better now thanks to a lovely PM from a very caring lady.

Remembering all the Mums and Dads with smiles and a warm open heart.

Love Love

Been a tough day today and I have managed to get through it and have just collected my gold star.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Night, night!

Love Mini xxx

Hi Shaza,

Gosh you are going through the mill at the moment. :(

I am lucky to still have both my parents but my hubby lost his mum 5 1/2 years ago just before our daughter was born. Not a day goes by when he doesn't get that wistful far away look on his face and I know he is thinking about her :sigh:

Life certainly seems to be testing you at the moment but you are determined to get through no matter what and I have a great deal of respect for that :)

Hi Storm Survivor,

I hope you are looking at your day last night the right way around?

You got to 7pm last night so congratulations! :D :party0038:

The important thing is that you continue to try. I say this with the greatest authority because when I lost my weight last year I did so without so much as the slightest blip.

Now that sounds all very well and good but it gave me no opportunity to deal with my food demons. You and everyone else who has this occasional blip has a very valuable opportunity to be able to learn about yourself. If I had fallen off the wagon last year then I would have been in that all or nothing frame of mind which would dictate that I had tried and failed and there wasn't much point in carrying on :eek:

None of our little Fallen Angels gang is like that and I am learning so much from each off you. If it hadn't been for you lot then when I dived off the wagon last night then I wouldn't of chased it to catch back up to climb back on again, but more of that in my next post :eek:

Well it has finally happend, I leaped off the wagon last night. :eek:

I had all the classic signs (I hadn't had hardly any water) and I chose to acknowledge them and jump off anyway :rolleyes:

I told myself that all I needed to do was aim for distraction until it was bed time but instead I made up an excuse that the dinner I was making for hubby and daughter was too tempting and I shot out of the house to secret eat :(

I got a small chicken shish (my nemisis from last diet which I successfully avoided last time) which was all well and good as it was small and fairly healthy as far as fast food goes but I also ordered a bit of southern fried chicken to eat in the shop because I couldn't wait! I then asked for garlic mayo on the kebab which I never have because off all the cals and ate that in a dark car parked in a quiet spot where nobody could see me. :(

I felt so much like a criminal that I didn't enjoy it so to console myself I drove to the co-op. I bought their individual sherry triffle and a pack of 3 giant cookies and ate the triffle using my finger sat in the dark car and then ate the first cookie. I was completely stuffed after that but I couldn't stop as I had the other 2 cookies to get through (I have never been able to throw food away) so I ate those those too and then went home feelng really awful :(

I felt really sick all evening and put my daughter to bed in my bed, lay down next to her and fell asleep at about 9pm.

This morning I am back on the wagon for today. :D

I will stick to the packs today to detox and stop the sicky feeling but I won't be on Weds, Thurs and Friday morning. My dad is having my daughter for a couple of nights so I have someone looking after Joy (my horse) for me and hubby and I are going off on his Motorbike for a couple of nights away.

At home I can ss with as little impact as posible on my family but if it is just me and him at a restaurant then he will need to eat out with just me watching on. If dd is there then she obviously has to eat so it is the 2 of them and he doesn't feel the same pressure to support me.

So I have made the decision to eat on the trip but to get his support with this so I make sensible choices. :)

The one thing that struck my last night is just how intimate it is to sit down and eat with the person you love. Hubby and I need to feel closer because he has been working so hard over the past few months. He has been late home, if at all, and soending lots of nights away. He has been working weekends too.

We are looking forward to our time together so much, I just want a couple of days of normality before I hop back on the wagon again.

Because of my experience last night I KNOW I am stronger than I ever was last year and I do have what it takes to see this through :bliss:

So Girls, thank you all for teaching me that I don't have to be an all or nothing girl for the rest of my life. I have learnt the lesson I keep posting for everyone else because I wanted so much to be able to understand it for myself. :grouphugg:

Now I just need to be able to have the self control not to use my new found powers as an excuse to jump on and off the wagon at the slightest thing. I need to exercise this power with the greatest of caution!

I don't know, you learn one thing and it throws up other challenges just to keep you on your toes :rolleyes:

Another plus to all of this is that it has cured the lure of the scales that I have been battling with. I weigh myself again on this Sunday and then shall need you all for moral support :p

I tried again. Did well until around 7pm, then ate!

Will try again tomorrow.

Hope everyone else is doing well x

Hi Storm,

What about doing 790 and that way you will not be feeling guilty about eating and beating yourself up.

Stay on the 790 for a week or so and you will go into ketosis and if you like then slide down into SSing.

Have a look at this thread by Sassy79 it is very good.

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/9160-stepping-you-way-into-sole-sourcing.html

I was where you are now and I am delighted to be back now three weeks tomorrow SSing.

Love Mini xxx

Hi Chicken,

I had all the classic signs (I hadn't had hardly any water) and I chose to acknowledge them and jump off anyway

Lack of water is crucial for me as well.... as without enough water I get very thirsty and the thirst reflex is very closely related to the hunger one and in most of us who have an overweight problem the two seem to merge and we can not distinguish which it is and being who we are our first choice is for food and not water.

Because now I know this I do make sure to have my water with me everywhere I go and it is part of the reason I am still on the wagon.

So I have made the decision to eat on the trip but to get his support with this so I make sensible choices. :)

This is a very sensible choice for if you went off with the intent of SSing and then fell off the wagon the lightly hood is that you would end up going on a carb overload.

We are looking forward to our time together so much, I just want a couple of days of normality before I hop back on the wagon again

Time off with your husband will help you unwind and everyone needs this kind of quality one on one time. The thing is we don't do enough of it, as finding the time seems so difficult in this rush, rush world we live in.

Because of my experience last night I KNOW I am stronger than I ever was last year and I do have what it takes to see this through

Having belief in yourself is key to success at the end of the day.

I don't know, you learn one thing and it throws up other challenges just to keep you on your toes

This is life alright:)

Very good post Chicken and it is very interesting to see how your mind is processing the information and working things out.

Love Mini xxx

My name is cah-ching and I am a fallen angel .... :cry:

Welcome cah-ching:gen126:

The road to Slimville has many detours for some along the way but as long as you keep heading in the right direction you will get there:)

Love Mini xxx

Hi ya Cha ching

Glad to see you in fallen angels

Chicken ~ loved your honest post and have a really lovely "down" time with hubby ~ no need to rush I agree with Mini we all rush too much at many things

Mini ~ you have done amazing 3 weeks SS ~ you are a soaring angel not a fallen angel tee hee

Storm ~ how are you doing after your 7pm cheat, evening are the hardest and I think thats when most crumble

Love Love

Back