Minimins Steppers League Table. RECORD YOUR DAILY STEPS HERE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow!! Look at us all now:D :D

My steps for yesterday were 17182 - courtesy of 2 four mile walks:D :D My arse is sure getting more toned!!!!:whoopass: :bliss:

Tasha:D

Reactions: KD
:wow: Tashy - that is definately a Minimins Best - Think I hit 17000 once last year but for the life of me cant remember how I did it.

Well done Tashy !!!!!!!!

Thankyou:D :D

I have a 4 mile round route that I do first thing in the morning and also in the evening (if I can get someone to come with me!!) It takes just under an hour and just under 7000 steps - however, other than that I am very inactive - being bound to a desk between 9 and 2.30 and then sorting out the kids - although with this better weather we will be doing more as a family!!

Thanks again Shazza :D

:wow: that's brilliant Tashy - I managed just over 14,000 yesterday, which was very good for me, the most I've done in months & months, so I was pleased with that. Obviously won't be enough to become Superwoman though :( you've well & truly beaten me there :p

Wow Tashy! That's fab
Clap1.gif

You go gal.

Right. I've decided to bow out of this league, and the fitbug one too. Not because of Tashy's wonderful steps :D

I've always loved walking, but I find I'm doing it for the wrong reasons now and not enjoying it so much.

I'm getting obsessed....like I do:eek:

I don't think I'm walking any more than I ever did (perhaps a little because of the lack of car...but that happens at times anyway). It's just that I'm going crazy over these aerobic steps, so scared of stopping to admire the view, browse the shops, or make a fuss over a passing dog etc. Things I've enjoyed about walking before.

Yesterday I did a 16 hour work day. I finished about 11ish. Needed my dinner, but was concerned about my steps. Trying to get them in before midnight. I went without dinner for a long walk. Hated it...was starving hungry and begrudged every step.

Came home and son asked why I didn't have my dinner first like I usually do. Made me realise I would have happily walked (and always did after a day in a office), but I would have done it after I'd eaten. It was that obsession to get it in by midnight.:confused:

I put so much pressure over myself in so many different departments of my life...just don't need another one. It's not that I even try to beat others scores....just constantly want my steps to go up and up.

Weightwise, it hasn't seemed to make any difference, but that's fine. I walked because I enjoyed walking. I walked because I was ready for a walk...cos it was often easier and less stressful than other forms of transport.

I want that back.

Sorry for the ramble. Just didn't want other people getting the wrong end of the stick about why I'm stopping the league.

Best of luck to your all. Happy stepping :)

:wow: that's brilliant Tashy - I managed just over 14,000 yesterday, which was very good for me, the most I've done in months & months, so I was pleased with that. Obviously won't be enough to become Superwoman though :( you've well & truly beaten me there :p

Thanks MD:D

Yesterday was an exception for me - My average per day will be around the 10000 mark as alot of the time I only walk once.

14000 is fantastic and you should be Superwoman with that:D

Thanks KD:)

Sorry that you feel you want to leave the leagues - however if it becomes an obsession thats giving you one more thing to worry about then its not worth it - especially if something that you once enjoyed becomes a chore.

You must do whats best for you!!!

Tasha

Hiya Karion

Fully understand where you're coming from, I got a bit like that when I started "bugging" last year, I constantly exceeded my targets, so they kept going up until it was starting to take over, I then went in the opposite direction and practically stopped. It's like everything and you have to find the right balance, like you say you enjoy walking because you enjoy walking, simple as that, you don't need to add pressure to that and certainly not when it stops you from enjoying it.

Will miss you on the leagues though. Take care & keep on enjoying your walking.
x

That's what I fear Dotty. Just want to stop my madness before it takes over.

Meanwhile, uploaded my steps to fitbug which I've been a bit behind doing and tried to leave the fitbug league.

It's showing my latest steps, but not showing I've left.

Since it's the same button to join as to leave....and I've pressed it a few times, I'm not sure what it thinks about me at the moment:rolleyes:

Nice to leave being first though :D Not often I come first in anything :eek:

Well done Tashy that is so impressive!

Sorry Karion you have backed out but fully understand.

What I have just realized is how inactive really I have become:(

Yesterday was a beautiful day and I really enjoyed my walk and it was not a power walk by any means as I had my wee dog with me who has to smell everything...

Feeling a bit stiff today after it:(

Love Mini xxx

That's what I fear Dotty. Just want to stop my madness before it takes over.

Meanwhile, uploaded my steps to fitbug which I've been a bit behind doing and tried to leave the fitbug league.

It's showing my latest steps, but not showing I've left.

Since it's the same button to join as to leave....and I've pressed it a few times, I'm not sure what it thinks about me at the moment:rolleyes:

Nice to leave being first though :D Not often I come first in anything :eek:

I think it takes a while to register, it does when you join. You've probably left/joined/left & joined and now the poor Fitbug site doesn't know where you are - will probably blow up later :D

Hi KD

I have just gone into fitbug and removed you - you may or may not get an email confirming - depending on how Fitbug is feeling today !!!!

Minimins Steppers League Table Of Daily Steps For 13th March.

Tashy100 - 17,182:superwoman:

Madam Dotty - 14,165:queen:

Mini - 10,260:princess:

Shazza - 8,795:wavey:

Pierce - 7,423:wavey:

MiniMinor - 5,560:wavey:

Way to go! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: Fantastic steps Tasha no other name but superwoman for you. Madam Dotty who'da thought with those steps you'd be Queen but still really brill! Mini how lovely Princess on your second day. Hope you have taken it easy today though. Karion hope you start to enjoy your steps again with no pressure. Bex (Wannabeminime) has decided to take some time out too. It is fine for everyone to just take part when the feeling takes them. No pressure, boy I know the detrimental effect of too much pressure. I'll add my steps tomorrow, I didn't wear the pedometer in the gym as no encouraging needed there. Will be nice to be motivated to go for walks more often though.

Total steps for the league for the day was 63,385!!:wow:

Dizzy x

:bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss:

Princess for a day :princess: :D :D :D

Well today I managed just half of the same walk as yesterday, husband had to come and collect me and the dog:eek: I am sure my stamina will improve:)

Does anyone know how many steps a day you have to do to be in the healthy fit range...or if there is such a thing:confused:

Love Mini xxx

Does anyone know how many steps a day you have to do to be in the healthy fit range...or if there is such a thing:confused:

Love Mini xxx

The general recommendations are that people should aim for 10,000 steps a day. That is the average amount for the general public anyway.

I guess anything above that is a bonus :)

Hi Folks

Hope everyone is well and enjoying this fab weather :wavey:

Its great to see all the activity - we will all be very fit!!! Great steps Mini for your second day:D

My steps for yesterday were 10257.

Am really pleased I got the pedometer as before I wasnt doing ANY exercise and would imagine was doing between 2000-3000 steps per day :(

Have a lovely day everyone

Tasha:)

Morning everyone

Sorry havent been around much lately, but got ever such a lot on at work right now. Year end stuff, and now got new expensive accounts software to sort out for new April!! :eek: , its major stress and headache time!!! and thousands of date entries for me to do!! Its not much fun.

:badmood:

Going to have to take a back step on the league for a bit until feel less pressured from work.! am not getting chance to have much play right now as its all work work work.

You are all doing so brilliantly, and will look forward to rejoing you when things are not so manic for me.

Keep stepping lads and lasses. :wavey:

Deb x

(( I'LL BE BACK ! )) :rotflmao:

Hi Tasha,

Yesterday I was only fit to do half of my walk and I have pain in my chins today, but feel good.

It will be interesting to see what I can average a day in the long run....

It does help to see how little walking I am doing:(

The weather is lovely and just right for walking:)

Hope everyone has a good day.

Deb please don't leave:cry:

Love Mini xxx

Hi Folks

Hope everyone is well and enjoying this fab weather :wavey:

Its great to see all the activity - we will all be very fit!!! Great steps Mini for your second day:D

My steps for yesterday were 10257.

Am really pleased I got the pedometer as before I wasnt doing ANY exercise and would imagine was doing between 2000-3000 steps per day :(

Have a lovely day everyone

Tasha:)

Hi Tasha,

Yesterday I was only fit to do half of my walk and I have pain in my chins today, but feel good.

Love Mini xxx

Did you mean shins Mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back