Minimising Christmas Damage?

Atropos

Gold Member
I am the first to admit that I had an indulgent few weeks at Christmas, despite sticking to stablisation rules; one pp day a week, oatbran (most days), walking (some days).

But otherwise - chocolate, cake, cheese, puddings, crumpets by the fire, booze....

So I am not surprised to see a the scales move upwards.

What did surprise me was - they only moved up 3lbs, and have already moved down since...

I am going back to Cruise in Mid Jan (too much going on right now) so I can lose a further 8-9 lbs and try stablise below BMI 25 for the first time.

But on the whole - I am astonished how well those pp days worked.

I'm glad for you Atropos, my gain was more after just one day of alcohol/chocolate/mince pie binging! I think the PP days are a good way to maintain long term and hearing from you gives me hope for future Christmases. :) Happy New Year. :)

3lb - pfft - its nothing - glad to see you back here im going to need your help in the next few weeks Atropus

3lbs for me too, I also stuck to my stabilisation rules but the protein days were killers with all of the christmas temptations around. Funnily enough I'm also considering trying to lose another half stone below my true weight, I think I would feel more comfortable with a few more pounds off. Will be keeping an eye on your diary for tips

Funnily enough I'm also considering trying to lose another half stone below my true weight, I think I would feel more comfortable with a few more pounds off. Will be keeping an eye on your diary for tips

Just for full disclosure - I'm no where near my "true-weight", and won't be even after losing another 8lbs. I have chosen to be a little plump to keep my boobs and avoid wrinkles - I have no idea if that will make the next 8lbs easier or not!

The truth will be revealed for me tomorrow, back home after the Xmas break....

Long & tedious ferry journey today and finally back home. Will take a quick peek to assess the damage tomorrow, but I fully expect it will be more than your modest 3lb. It's been 3 wks since my last confession ....oops ...Meant weigh in, same difference in this case!

Havent been able to do pp days at all, although have come close with just some minor veg. Trouble is, much indulgence with drink and chocolate taken, though I have avoided pasta, potatoes and snacky things, which have been my previous downfall.

Ah well, see on the morrow!

Back