MinkyDinkys SW Success Diary!!

WI result - 1lb on and happy with that. Could have been worse but glad it wasn't.

Literally ran home because it was so cold. Got cracking with dinner the second I got in and that helped warm me up. Then it came to eating it. B'jaysus it was hot!!

Chilli beef and vegetable stir fry with noodles.

image-3705442521.jpg

Had my nose running and mouth/lips tingling! Lovely jubbly! Had a couple of mouthfuls of Ben and Jerry's ice cream after, just a few - nothing major. Really fancied ice cream and as I didn't indulge at the weekend thought I would have some tonight and be done with the craving. Considering I'd have eaten a tub before I felt good at having half a dozen mouthfuls and being able to say 'I'm done' without devouring the lot.

Food shop delivered, plan is in place, let's hope for a maintain this week woo!

A pound is a good save - will be off before you know it ;)
Your tea looks amazing! Tempted to have a green or EE day and try something like this but it is pretty likely I will lose control and go on a mega carb binge lol

Purple*Tortoise said:
A pound is a good save - will be off before you know it ;)
Your tea looks amazing! Tempted to have a green or EE day and try something like this but it is pretty likely I will lose control and go on a mega carb binge lol

Maybe do an EE Day but keep your normal principles for breakfast and lunch? So meat and superfree for those meals and then only have the carbs (noodles) included in your evening meal? Just to keep you on your track and don't go carb mental. Personally I love carbs and they don't hinder my weight loss. Can recall that my first week of doing green every day gave me a 6lb loss! Dinner was so easy and tasty. Give it a try! Xx

Happy Wednesday all!!
Seems we got past the dreaded Tuesday (just!) and now we are mid way through the week woo!! Which can only mean one thing....

5 DAYS TILL MY BIRTHDAY!!!!

I'm too excited!! I get like a little kid this time of year, I have to wait aaaaaaaallllllll year for my birthday, Xmas, The Boys birthday, our anniversary and new year so it's like a mega packed 2 weeks of excitement and celebration!

Must. Contain. Excitement.

Today's food planned is as follows :

Breakfast - 2 x weetabix HexB, half HexA allowance of hot milk, banana and cuppa 1/2 syn

Lunch - leftover chicken noodle soup

Quality street choc and velvet crunch 2.5 + 4 syns

Dinner - Bacon, chilli and garlic pasta topped with half HexA cheese with side salad.

Snacks - apple and grape pack.
Possibly going to have a mini kinder finger later or meringue with yogurt and berries. See how I feel!

Last edited:
Well done on such a little gain! I STS last night, wasn't impressed. Wanted to get my 3 stone before Christmas but doubt that will happen- my last WI is next Tuesday and I'm out for an Indian meal plus other stuff this week. Gahhhhh! x

Well done on such a little gain! I STS last night, wasn't impressed. Wanted to get my 3 stone before Christmas but doubt that will happen- my last WI is next Tuesday and I'm out for an Indian meal plus other stuff this week. Gahhhhh! x

Oh how annoying for you :( is it 2.5lbs for you to get the 3 stone? Maybe up your superfree to half your portion rather than a third and keep syns to between 5-10 rather than 10-15 to see if you can shift that for next week. It could be done, even with nights out! What curry do you like? There are some pretty scrummy low syn ones but I guess it all depends on what you actually like - can't force yourself to eat something just because of the syn value!!

I have a night out on saturday with the girls for my birthday and then out for dinner monday night so will need to be very good in between if I stand any chance of STS or minimal gain! xx

Oh how annoying for you :( is it 2.5lbs for you to get the 3 stone? Maybe up your superfree to half your portion rather than a third and keep syns to between 5-10 rather than 10-15 to see if you can shift that for next week. It could be done, even with nights out! What curry do you like? There are some pretty scrummy low syn ones but I guess it all depends on what you actually like - can't force yourself to eat something just because of the syn value!!

I have a night out on saturday with the girls for my birthday and then out for dinner monday night so will need to be very good in between if I stand any chance of STS or minimal gain! xx

Yep 2.5lb needed for 3 stone, which I've been chasing for ages. Thing is, it's very rare I get a loss like 2.5lbs these days but like you say, i'll make some changes and do my best. Only Indian curries I really like are chicken tikka massala and korma. Not good! Ah well, it's my Dad's birthday meal so I cant exactly dictate where I want to go haha!

Actually, scrap all that. You know what (suddenly got motivated whilst typing this) 2.5lbs is bloody achievable. Bring. It. On!!! x

Sorry to butt in but have you thought about doing a fish week Joanne? Or even a week where you eat more fish than usual? I have crappy losses usually, and lots of STS, but I've just finished a fish week (and went out for a very high syn lunch on Saturday) and I lost 2lbs (which admittedly doesn't sound AWESOMELY AMAZING but is pretty incredible for me!)

Sorry to butt in but have you thought about doing a fish week Joanne? Or even a week where you eat more fish than usual? I have crappy losses usually, and lots of STS, but I've just finished a fish week (and went out for a very high syn lunch on Saturday) and I lost 2lbs (which admittedly doesn't sound AWESOMELY AMAZING but is pretty incredible for me!)

I'm not the biggest fan of fish but I'm willing to try anything! I like tuna (only tinned, on baked pots etc- can't stand it in warm!) I like crabsticks, mussels etc to snack on and for main meals i can eat smoked haddock, baked cod etc. Actually, come to think of it..quite a selection there! :D Well done on your loss! xx

I'm not the biggest fan of fish but I'm willing to try anything! I like tuna (only tinned, on baked pots etc- can't stand it in warm!) I like crabsticks, mussels etc to snack on and for main meals i can eat smoked haddock, baked cod etc. Actually, come to think of it..quite a selection there! :D Well done on your loss! xx

Thank you! I mostly ate tuna/salmon salads for lunch for example, and then something hot in the evening. Erm, I have got a diary but I don't know how to link it (plus it's excruciatingly dull with me wittering on about naff all :D most of the time) with all the utterly thrilling food I ate last week (It's called my YAYS and BOOS, it's in Food diaries if you want to look, no pressure obv!). My pal told me we need omega 3 and omega 6 to help burn fat, and fish is a good source.

xJoanneJJx said:
Actually, scrap all that. You know what (suddenly got motivated whilst typing this) 2.5lbs is bloody achievable. Bring. It. On!!! x
That's the determination I like to hear :D go for it girly!! Xx
SallyVater said:
I lost 2lbs (which admittedly doesn't sound AWESOMELY AMAZING but is pretty incredible for me!)
Well done on a fab loss - it is awesomely amazing so give yourself a bit more credit Hun xx

Dinner plans haven't gone as expected... Was meant to cook bacon and tomato pasta but searched high and low for the bacon and couldn't find it?? Look in the freezer - The Boy had put the whole chicken in it's carrier bag in the freezer and beneath it was... Yup. The bacon. This is why I like to be here when the shopping gets delivered! Ha!

So change of plan, chicken curry instead. As I'd prepped all the veg for dinner I decided to fry it all off with smoked paprika, pepper and chilli and add it to a pasta and sauce. Split between 2 pots and will have with salad and gherkins for lunch, probably tomorrow and Saturday (for ease).

Feel shattered. Work was crazy again and I'm going in at 7:45 tomorrow to try and catch up with all my paperwork cause I feel like I'm sinking around it at the moment :( pah. Roll on the long weekend!

Been in town this eve and was starving, picked up the tuna / prawn / veg sushi box from Tesc as the didn't have the chicken one left. I liked! :) 2.5 syns xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

xJoanneJJx said:
Been in town this eve and was starving, picked up the tuna / prawn / veg sushi box from Tesc as the didn't have the chicken one left. I liked! :) 2.5 syns xx

Yay!! We have another sushi liker! Win! :D
Glad you enjoyed, it's great as alternative when you're out and about and done with jacket potatoes and beans or a subway salad xxx

*Thursday Happy Dance!!*

Can nearly tick the week off woo! 4 days and counting......

Didn't feel particularly hungry when I got up this morning but forced myself to eat my breakfast and actually thoroughly enjoyed!

image-3974998110.jpg

Lunch was made last night of veggie pasta. Going to have with gherkins and boiled egg. Dinner is homemade burgers, veggie chips and salady bits. Nice food day today. Snacks... Banana, yogurt and maybe some melon later when I get home. Bought one for the first time in a long time. Oh! And passion fruits! Never eaten one before (only as a flavour in yogurts and cocktails :D) hoping to like them?!

Have a good day all xxx

Nooooo! I Lost my egg! Well, didn't lose it as such, but it rolled off my plate at work and bounced across the kitchen area :( I was so looking forward to it as well :sob: Still, lunch was goooood. Had my veggie pasta (courgette, mushroom, onion, peppers, passatta, chilli, smoked paprika) and a couple of gherkins added BUT the egg would have made it perfect....

Dinner will be fairly late tonight but at least it gives me time to make the burgers and get them to settle for a bit before cooking. I have had my HexB for the day so going bunless and I have 1 Dairylea triangle from my HexA allowance to have so thats all good.

Syns so far - I had a TimTam which are australian and a bit like penguins but nicer. 5 syns.
Unsure what the rest will go on. Maybe have some ketchup with the burgers later or something. OH! Forgot I will have to cook some mushrooms and onions too :D I might even get some flat field mushrooms to sit my burgers on in fact... hmmm, superfree it up a bit.... Plan is in motion!

Scratch that! The Boy has decided he doesn't want burgers :( Its a good job I love him :D

He now wants spicy mince stuffed mushrooms topped with cheese with roasted veggies. So I will top my mushrooms with 15g of cheese for 3 syns making that 8 in total today. Just need to decide what are the best veggies to roast with them.....?

Couldn't help but laugh at your missing egg! Your mushrooms sound lovely even though I'm not a big fan of mince, sure the cheese would help though :D

I'm having smoked haddock tonight with mushy peas and roast veggies. Mmmm! :drool: is it not tea time yet?! (she says whilst waiting for her dinner!) xx

The Boy isn't a huge fan of mince either which is why I try and do 'nice' stuff with it rather than normal dishes like shepherds pie. Just unsure what veggies to do with it??

Your dinner sounds awesome! Huge fan of mushy peas. And haven't had smoked haddock in aaages. Roll on dinner time ay? Although I won't be eating till 9:30 :( boo! Xx

Back