MinkyDinkys SW Success Diary!!

Only thing about having a small salad, an hour later and I want to eat again. Going to make sure I have a glass of water and if no change in 30 mins then I am breaking out the naughty snack drawer.... Banana and apple time :D Although I would prefer to be able to hold on to both / one of those till 3:30, maybe the apple at 2 and then nana and greek yogurt at 3:30. Think that's a plan.

Because I can be a nice girlfriend sometimes I have made my boys lunch every day this week too because 1) he is bored of jam on toast or ham sandwiches (and who can blame him) and 2) he is concerned about the food he eats that isn't being prepared by me that could affect his health and doesn't want to be unhealthy (how great is that??). I think the latter is more to do with the fact that on Friday I made myself a pork stirfry and left him to his own devices and he had standard sausages and mushy peas - this is his Friday night / Minks is out food and he loves it. But he had bought some Co-ops Best sausages instead of using the half fat or lighter choices ones I have stocked up. On Saturday morning I saw the tin he had cooked them in and the packets cardboard sleeve and jeez, the amount of fat that was in the tray and the calories.... the 4 sausages alone had 70% of his daily recommended intake. That's ridiculous. Now, he isn't one to put on weight regardless of what he eats but its made him very wary of 'just because I can, doesn't mean I should'. And hats off to him! Crikey I have really diverted from what I was aiming to say!

Back to the point in hand - lunch! Today for his lunch I have made him chicken, ELF mayo, sweetcorn and spring onion sandwich filler with lettuce in a wholemeal sub. Yesterday was egg ELF Mayo and lettuce wholemeal rolls (just 2 65g ones, not massives barms). And both days he has text me to say thank you for his lunch and how much he has enjoyed them. Bless his little heart. So! Anyway, my point is... there is some leftover chicken mayo mix for 1/2 syn and I am so having that in a roll tomorrow for lunch!! (I apologise, all of that drivel just to say that I am having chicken in a roll tomorrow :D)

Haha that's ok it was a good story :) good he is looking at his own choices and trying to make healthy swaps :) what a good girlfriend you are making his lunch! Mike has ham sandwich and a banana for lunch every day I've offered to make him something more interesting but he isn't bothered at all. Occasionally we will get sliced chicken instead of ham but he has seriously boring lunches!

Hello lovely, mushy risotto I made this morning before work. Bit of a cheaty one but hey, it's syn free so why not? :) its Riso Gallo risotto pronto Mushroom and takes 15 mins from start to finish. I just reheated in the micro. £1.99 I'm tesco and has made 2 portions although I would recommend adding more mushrooms to it xx

Well I never knew that one was free!....adds to list for tomorrow;)

Well I never knew that one was free!....adds to list for tomorrow;)

Just make sure is pronto not the express as that has syns. I think the express one is a microwave pouch anyway where as the pronto is dried, you add 450mls of water, bring to boil and simmer. I added 1 tbsp of Parmesan for 1.5 syns for the whole thing so just calling it a syn per portion xx

Haha that's ok it was a good story :) good he is looking at his own choices and trying to make healthy swaps :) what a good girlfriend you are making his lunch! Mike has ham sandwich and a banana for lunch every day I've offered to make him something more interesting but he isn't bothered at all. Occasionally we will get sliced chicken instead of ham but he has seriously boring lunches!
My boy has swapped his usual choc bar to a banana too! He was always having ham or jam so when I do the shopping he's like 'yeah, same again please' but think 'sausage gate' was a little wake up call. I don't mind making him lunch because it means I know he is also eating something healthy too :)
Some guys just like routine don't they? It has taken near 4 years for Lee to say no to a ham sandwich :D xx

Awh thats so sweet ov u minks x hes bloody lucky to hav u :)
Im dyin to go m&s to buy those mini subs i need to start shaking my foods up and havin a mix up
the mini subs are so cute and tasty. Although he has full size sub rolls (about 5 inches?) from tesco. Nowt wrong with a food shake up, you know me and my views on that ;) xx

Its funny isn't it, wish I could look at food the same though. He says "I don't need to have something exciting or planned for lunch, it's just to stop me feeling hungry while I'm at work till dinner!" i couldn't eat the same every day, I know we should all look at food as fuel but it's not that easy.!

Oh if only food looked like fuel to me. But it's sooooo much more than that. I hate having the same meal within 2 weeks let alone the same everyday. I mean, it great that he can but for me I just love food far too much to view it in that way!

How did your interview go yesterday btw? Xx

Syn update!

Had 3 Oreos today, along with my yogurt 1/2 syn and rich tea finger, 2 sausages for dinner, total 11. Think I will stick at that for the day. Or maybe I will have a caramel cappuccino tonight for 3 syns....or half a pot of yoomoo for 3.5 and share with my little nephew. OR Even a square of teaser chocolate and a squidge of ketchup with dinner. Oooh lordy lord the choices are too much :D

I know I need him to teach me!
Interview went really well thanks! They were so lovely and the job sounds perfect! They emailed me as soon as I left saying they thought I was great and and think I'd fit in well with their family. They've invited me to go and meet the children next Friday but also asked if I would mind if they phoned my references before I met the children so that's a good sign! Really happy but got to wait till after I meet the children before knowing for sure but it def looks promising! :D thanks for asking hun xx

I know I need him to teach me!
Interview went really well thanks! They were so lovely and the job sounds perfect! They emailed me as soon as I left saying they thought I was great and and think I'd fit in well with their family. They've invited me to go and meet the children next Friday but also asked if I would mind if they phoned my references before I met the children so that's a good sign! Really happy but got to wait till after I meet the children before knowing for sure but it def looks promising! :D thanks for asking hun xx

Thanks fantastic!! Super speedy from them and asking about the references is such a great sign. Dead pleased for you. Hope all goes well with the children and you everything clears with referees! Xx

I haven't had mine either. A cheese and red onion roll has been in my mind but I had my hea earlier. Woe. Ooh... Egg salad sandwich... Prawn, lettuce and extra light mayo sandwich, a BLT! Mmm I'm having some sandwich loving right now it seems. All super yummy though...

I've been thinking about having a roll with the chicken filling or sausages, or egg Mayo, or praaaaawns and lettuce and Mayo.... AMAGADS!! I want a sandwich!

Tomorrow.

Tomorrow will be sandwich day.

Yay! Xx

Back