MinkyDinkys SW Success Diary!!

Look forward to seeing the the lentil souo recipe - again, soup is something I love because of how easy it is!

Tonights dinner was an easy throw together. Left over bean and cannelloni soup out the freezer (has carrot, onion, chopped tomatoes, black eyed beans, butter beans, garlic, mixed herbs and tom puree in), can of beans and half a can of kidney beans. Cooked quorn sausages chopped up and chucked on top. Oh! Added chilli powder and smoked paprika. Would have had wedges with it but there was plenty so no need, had a cheese and onion roll when I got in too so no cheese on top either. But its still lush as it is xx
1371846045135.jpg

Lentil chilli soup
1 onion finely chopped
2 sticks of celery finely chopped

Fry the above in frylight until soft. Add ingredients below
2 cloves garlic minced
1 medium chilli (or to taste)

Fry for 3-4mins

Add-
500g Lentils
1ltr chicken stock
Tin of chopped tomatoes
1-2 tbsp tomato puree (to taste)
Seasoning

Bring to boil and simmer for 20 mins. Can be left chunky (textured, not chunky really) or blended until smooth.
Great served with a swirl of synned creme fraiche or fat free natural yogurt.
Makes loads and freezes really well.
Enjoy! X

I think I'd have it chunky fresh and blitz smooth for freezer. Quick q tho, its it split lentils or just normal? Any particular colour? I guess different variations can be tried, maybe green lentils, replace chopped toms with blitzed courgette and then add some coriander at the end or red split with a red pepper puree swirled through.... got me thinking now! Thanks hun! Xx

Marmite in the lentil bake = massive win!
Forgot to take a pic when I dished up as I was starving but snapped the last bit. Recipe for this is from slimming eats website, just posted it on my diary too x
View attachment 96877

That's a good pic, it looks so tasty, I'm going to give it a whirl sometime soon x

Perfect start to the weekend (apart from the 5.45 wake up... woke up easier than on a weekday?!)

Been perusing IMDB at movies coming out and getting far too excited about some of them, boy has been packed off for his day of paint balling, chilling with a cuppa, had a banana, sausage sandwich, fried egg sandwich (hexb and 4 syns for scrape of butter and a slice of cheeeeese), and watching 500 days of summer (never seen, always wanted to, girly crush on Zooey Deschanel, the quirky little beaut that she is) and the windows wide open and can hear the wind and rain. Lovely. Shame its meant to be summer and sunny but I'll embrace it ;)

Couple of hours and I'll go see my ma n bear (her fiancé) before meeting my friend for a catch up.

Lovely, lovely saturday. Xxx

Morning lovelies! Just waiting on me mother to pick me up because she was food shopping just round the corner which was handy. Taking my lentil n mushroom loaf for lunch (she offered lunch but wouldn't be sw friendly...) not huge amounts of superfree going on for my ee day but all on plan so far which is a first for a Saturday!

Hope you both have a great day, and everyone else, will catch up with all diaries when I get back later :) xx

Goood morning guys! Such a good day yesterday, was well within syns till I came home and the boy had ordered us a curry, oops! Was lush. I had half a chicken biriyani, half the vegetable curry that comes with, some cauliflower bhaji and about half a chapati? So not huge amounts of syns but blimey it was tasty!

The other half that I left the boy is going to have today. For me its all about a super fresh sunday! Detox style and fresh flavours going in my tum.

Breakfast - bright fruit bowl!

1371971361533.jpg

Luncheon - strawberries, banana, yogurt. Followed by poached egg on toast with spinach.

Dinner (for me) vegetable lasagne with salad or quorn chicken spicy rice. Probably the latter - basically cook a stir fry and add cooked rice. Really yum and quick.

Got to make a lasagne for tomorrow's dinner later as I didn't do it yesterday or friday as planned. The boy and I are snuggled in for movie day and currently watching The Purge. Good so far!

Happy super sunday y'all! Xxx

Morning Minks.... Your food sounds gorgeous today :) I really must start planning my meals a bit more now that OH will be doing it with me (well maybe not 100%) but he needs to eat proper meals cos he's usually rubbish, and needs to lose as much weight as possible in the next 3 months before his next hospital appointment... I cooked him the mayflower chicken curry last night but he couldn't eat it all due to still being hungover! Men... Grrr! Lol.
Have a lovely Sunday xxxx

Morning Minks.... Your food sounds gorgeous today :) I really must start planning my meals a bit more now that OH will be doing it with me (well maybe not 100%) but he needs to eat proper meals cos he's usually rubbish, and needs to lose as much weight as possible in the next 3 months before his next hospital appointment... I cooked him the mayflower chicken curry last night but he couldn't eat it all due to still being hungover! Men... Grrr! Lol.
Have a lovely Sunday xxxx
I can't find this mayflower curry stuff anywhere :( must be a northern thing? I saw about his snoring resolution - I think its such a win win situation! Not only will it mean he can have his tonsils out and you get snore free nights (woo!) But if he has to lose weight too then it'll help you with your losing weight (I always find it easier if the OH is eating the same) Maybe batch cooking up some curry, spag bol, chilli and stews will help so if you only fancy say... ryvita for tea (;)) he can still have a healthy dinner that he can chuck in the microwave? Which will obv help him rather than diving into not so good stuff and you still have a bit of flexibility.
God damn I can waffle...
Have a fab day honey xxxx
snuggly movie day sounds like bliss, enjoy x
Its been grand so far and its not even 10am :) love lazy Sunday's. Have a good dat sugar xx

They do it (mayflower) at farmfoods minks, could send you some if you liked x

That would be great if you could hun! We don't have a farmfoods near here, nearest is about 18 miles away in Sutton so too far to go for just that :) little star you xx

Back