MinkyDinkys SW Success Diary!!

Morning all. Struggling to get my head round a STS last night as I was really focused for a good loss for this week. I made the C look at my food diary and she picked up on the fact I am not eating a lot of carbs across the week (on EE) does everyone make sure they have a balanced meal of super free, protein and carbs for most meals? Thanks xxx

Lost 1.5 last week. This week have been really hot and drinking more water. So not got much appetite. Been eating fruit for breakfast, salmon and roasted veg for lunch and had salad with gammon in the evening. If snacking. - been eating apples, muller light or strawberries. The C said the balance between free and super free is not correct and that for EE the free should be 2/3rds. She recommended re-reading my book and go back to basics! Confused now.

Sorry to hear hun :( I would love to see actual meals from you, one day's example isn't really enough and for instance I could say I had broccoli, cauliflower, potatoes, sausages and gravy for dinner and yet it could be either a massive meal, or a teeny tiny one! 1 sausage, 1 1/2 boiled potato and 1 floret of broc/cauli against 2 sausages, mound of mash, 4/5 florets each of broc/cauli is a vast difference. You may not be eating enough. Or are you eating too much? I don't want to sound like I am teaching you to suck eggs so please don't think that! But obviously the plan is to eat until satisfied.

I agree with Ems, your day you have mentioned above sounds like a red day as you have no carbs. Is it a conscious thing or do you just not like carbs? What A and B choices are you having? Again, are you measuring your quantities?

A woman who used to come to our group had a real high in take of fruit and regularly STS or gained and was so confused! We had a chat and I said to her about maybe having slightly bigger meals (to stop her snacking unnecessarily on fruit) and having maybe 1 or 2 portions a day whilst upping her vegetable intake. She tried it for a month and lost every week. Not saying that's the case with everyone because fruit is superfree and is very good for you but clearly the sugars in it or something didn't agree with her body.

What amount of syns are you having? These really are a vital part of the plan!! Its like your body needs to be reminded that it needs to lose weight and the 'naughty' foods / fats assist with this (how technical am I ay? ;))

Give us more info and we will see where we can help honey xxx

AND I have just done a search through my thread for your posts re WI and can see that there is a 4/3 week pattern!! So don't rule out the blinking hormones lovey! xx

It's all been said here already, and I think you know this, but man you need to stop putting so much pressure on yourself. This is for YOU and if it takes another 6 weeks or another 6 months so be-it. You are DOING it and you are the biggest motivator for so many people here so cut yourself some slack :)

That dinner from last night looks gorgeous!

Afternoon! What a morning. So had 3 messed up pancake things this morning with a banana and this is the lunchtime fix. Cherries and apricots with ml greek 0.5 syns

1373455731235.jpg

Right!! little help needed here guys. I have no idea what to cook for dinner and my brain hurts thinking. Can you all have a little look at my list of what I have and maybe inspire me a little!? Cheeky I know...

Canned / cartons

chopped tomatoes x 4
spaghetti
cannellini beans
butter beans
kidney beans
sweetcorn
haricot beans
marrowfat processed peas
Passata - plain / with herbs & garlic / with basil

Pasta / rice

Linguini
Spaghetti
Tagliatelle
cannelloni
mini bow / shells
wm penne
lasagne sheets
savoury rice Chinese flavour
risotto rice
white rice
red split lentils
bulgar wheat
couscous

Superfree
peppers
spring onions
cauliflower
onions
coriander
rocket
broccoli
Lime

lots of spices that are too long to go into (everything from korma powder to mustard seeds to mint and tarragon) and some eggs (about 4 I think?) and one lonely sweet potato. I have like £6 on me so if anything needed to add I can grab as long as its pennies rather than expensive and I want to try and keep it syn free...

Any help would be appreciated!! xxxx

how about pasta in a tomato and onion based sauce with loads of your herbs and spices thrown in the sauce? quick, filling and yummy for the tummy :) x

As above except cut peppers in half and scoop out seeds, fill pepper halves with pasta mix with cheese on top, put in an oven dish with about an inch of boiling water in the bottom and bake in the oven for 30 mins at 180

I love baked peppers and stuff them with all sorts of nonsense. cooked Mince in a little gravy mixed with rice and onion is quite nice, as is chopped up tomatoes and courgette etc with cheese on top.

Actually, now I want peppers for my tea...... but we're having sticky chicken....

>>>>> wanders off to ponder stuffing peppers with sticky chicken>>>>>>

As above except cut peppers in half and scoop out seeds, fill pepper halves with pasta mix with cheese on top, put in an oven dish with about an inch of boiling water in the bottom and bake in the oven for 30 mins at 180

I love baked peppers and stuff them with all sorts of nonsense. cooked Mince in a little gravy mixed with rice and onion is quite nice, as is chopped up tomatoes and courgette etc with cheese on top.

Actually, now I want peppers for my tea...... but we're having sticky chicken....

>>>>> wanders off to ponder stuffing peppers with sticky chicken>>>>>>

how about pasta in a tomato and onion based sauce with loads of your herbs and spices thrown in the sauce? quick, filling and yummy for the tummy :) x

Didn't think about stuffed peppers.... I gave some options to my boy and he wants baked bean lasagne so will have to get a can or 2 on my way home but I have taken note of what you guys have said and I will be making a tomato & onion pasta for tomorrows lunch and then the rest stuffing into peppers and topping with cheese to have after the wedding reception - thank you guys! xxx

Hmmm I think I would go for bean burgers - you have lots of tinned beans, garlic, sweetcorn, chilli (in your spice stock no doubt) I cant see carrots, which I would add to moisten your burgers, but you could use spring onions, coriander and an egg or two to bind the whole lot together. Cheese and a bun - maybe make a small amount of chips from your lonely potato OR cook up some of your chinese rice and forego the burger/chips route.

Hi guys, thank you for all your help and advise. I have been doing a lot of soul searching and have come up with some plans. I don't have a diary online, but keep the paper ones - I can see on weeks I have lost a good amount I had at least one carb based meal 5 days out of 7, this week the other way round.
My syns are varying this week from 2 to 14 on good weeks I stuck to 7 syns each day, every day.
this week I have really only been having one good meal and snacking in between, albeit on fruit or muller lights. On a good week I ate 3 meals a day.
I have probably become a little too "comfortable" in what I do on a day to day basis and not checking the syns on things. i know i had packet mix cous cous, this had 2 syns in it and i didn't even realise.
Thank you all for your help. I felt the C didn't really care, but I knew I would find some proper answers from you all. I love minimins !

Hmmm I think I would go for bean burgers - you have lots of tinned beans, garlic, sweetcorn, chilli (in your spice stock no doubt) I cant see carrots, which I would add to moisten your burgers, but you could use spring onions, coriander and an egg or two to bind the whole lot together. Cheese and a bun - maybe make a small amount of chips from your lonely potato OR cook up some of your chinese rice and forego the burger/chips route.
So on the menu for saturday! I have fresh chillies like birds eye and standard red n green ones. I really want to make a good bean burger so I am going to prep them Saturday morning so they can chill for a few hours, meant to hold better if you do that? Xx
How about doing a lasagne with some of the beans you already have? The black bean one I did was lovely x

Reckon that haricot and kidney will be ok? If I mix with passata, chilli powder, chopped toms, paprika, and onion/garlic? Xx

Ok so a mish mash lasagne is nearly cooked. I put an onion, half a dozen mushrooms and 2 cloves garlic into a pan n fried. Added my cans of kidney beans, haricot beans and chopped toms, half a carton of passata, chilli powder, smoked paprika and a chipotle chilli. Oh and a handful of chopped coriander. Simmered.

Layered up with me sheets, topped with garlic and herb passata, baked covered for 25 mins and topped 2 hexa cheddar for a 10 mim uncovered cook till melted. Picked up a cheap bag of purple sprouting broccoli to go with it and plenty leftover for lunch tomorrow - er thats a win right there!

Still on half a syn for the day, will have my 2nd hexb after dinner as 2 hifi light bars. The new blackberry cheesecake ones come out soon, so excited!

Right... dish up time! Xx

Lasagne sounds delish. Enjoy xxx

Back