Minky's meals!

dextersmum said:
Awww thanks, we're both well!! I'm back in work and Coco is back to being her mad self :)
I've been quite good on SW and only have 1 lb to go to get my club 10 so that is my goal for Sunday. Was very, very naughty yesterday - went well over board stuffing myself silly but back to being healthy again and feeling much better. Boy did I regret overdoing things yesterday, so not worth it.
Have missed you and glad you're back xx

Ps made Pete's egg fried rice with chicken.......was soooo good, better than takeaway......this will be another regular.

Ooh will have to have a look at that recipe then, is it under his whole recipe tab that he made?
I'm attempting the spinach and mushroom cannelloni this week, you ever made it?
And as for one day, it's only one day. It wasn't a week like mine ;) you will defo get your club 10 this week xx

*Molly* said:
Yaaay you're back! Been missing your updates! I haven't been able to find any of the Cherry Alpen Lights in my Asda, are they yummy? x

Thanks :) cherry bakewell alpen lights aren't too bad actually, quite sweet and really taste the almondy taste. Made me want the real thing tho :D I got mine in tesco after searching for them for a couple of weeks. Shame they are so expensive tho.... Usually only buy when on offer xx

Tuesday 27th March 2012
EE

Breakfast
2 x alpen light bars (apple n sultana) hexb
Apple
Banana

Mid morning - starving!!
2 x special k mini bites 2 x 5 syns

Lunch
Bulgar wheat salad again with mixed leaves and chicken
Muller light toffee

Dinner
Gammon steak
'fried' egg
Broccoli, cauliflower, green beans
Possibly hm chips if OH gets off his backside to make them (I'm visiting my friend who just got outta hospital so he is cooking)
30g grated cheddar on veg

Exercise 2.2 miles walked
Syns 10

HexA x 1, HexB x 1
Fluids 2 pints water, bottle of water, large diet pepsi

image-3223794978.jpg

image-501983065.jpg

Last edited:
Tuesday 27th March 2012

Dinner
Gammon steak
Y
Fluids 2 pints water

View attachment 44752

sounds yum.......wish my OH could cook chips:p

The egg fried rice with chicken is on Pete's own page as well as the general post picture thread I think - really good. I haven't made the cannelloni recipe so let me know how it tastes. I've been a bit boring today and had huge ham salad with JP - yum though, also loads of fruit today - apple banana and two grapefruits !!

Really, really aiming for that club 10 xx

Spinach and mushroom cannelloni Minks..I love it! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Spinach and mushroom cannelloni Minks..I love it! X

I'm glad someone tried it and has opinion on it :) I will report back when munched....probably Thursday now. Ah crap! Mothers birthday then. Do you reckon it can be made up in the morning and survive in the fridge until the evening? Without turning to slop or anything?? xx

sounds yum.......wish my OH could cook chips:p

The egg fried rice with chicken is on Pete's own page as well as the general post picture thread I think - really good. I haven't made the cannelloni recipe so let me know how it tastes. I've been a bit boring today and had huge ham salad with JP - yum though, also loads of fruit today - apple banana and two grapefruits !!

Really, really aiming for that club 10 xx

Will search for the recipe then and give it a bash. And well done on the fruit in take - although bleugh to the grapefuits! makes me pull a very stupid face and no food is enjoyable if it does that :D xx

Wednesday 28th March 2012
EE ?

Breakfast
Banana
2 x mikado (i know, its awful really, but I just wanted to taste what the Daim ones were like!!) 1 Syn

Lunch
Eat's Spicy Chicken Noodles. I worked this out on the syns calculator as 8 for EE. Its a 300g portion and the details are as follows :
Spicy Chicken Noodles (less than 5 % fat) found on eat.co.uk - did post a table of details but it screwed up my post and looked messy :(
Was really nice warmed up and had a good chilli kick - which I love as you most probably know.
Cherry Alpen light bar 1/2 HexB
Apple and sultana Alpen light bar 1/2 HexB
Special K minis 5 syns

Dinner
?? who knows yet! picking up my new bike at 6 so depends when I get home.
Decided on curry. Veg overload!
Chicken and quorn pieces, red and green pepper, onion, chopped tomatoes, lots of spices and chilli. Served with 1 scoop of rice, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower and green beans.
1 x mini naan 8 syns. Left most of rice and some spinach as just far too much.

Over on syns at 22, but usually down on most days so not bothered.
HexA x errr, ah crap 0, HexB x 1

Fluid 2 x fruit tea, 1 x 500 ml diet coke, 1 large water, 1 large diet pepsi
Exercise lots of walking round London today, from Whitehall to ministry of defence, down to st James' park and over to Victoria. 2.5 mile bike ride

image-1091196393.jpg

image-3197346013.jpg

Last edited:
MinkyDinky said:
Wednesday 28th March 2012
EE ?

Breakfast
Banana
2 x mikado (i know, its awful really, but I just wanted to taste what the Daim ones were like!!) 1 Syn

Lunch
Eat's Spicy Chicken Noodles. I worked this out on the syns calculator as 8 for EE. Its a 300g portion and the details are as follows :
Spicy Chicken Noodles (less than 5 % fat)

Per 100g

Per pack

ENERGY VALUES (kcal)

ENERGY VALUES (kj)

PROTEIN (g)

CARBOHYDRATE (g)

OF WHICH SUGARS (g)

FAT (g)

OF WHICH SATURATES (g)

DIETARY FIBRE (g)

SODIUM (g)

SALT (g)

Was really nice warmed up and had a good chilli kick - which I love as you most probably know.
Cherry Alpen light bar 1/2 hexb

Dinner
?? who knows yet! picking up my new bike at 6 so depends when I get home.

Loving your work on the mikado breakfast ;)

MinkyDinky said:
I'm glad someone tried it and has opinion on it :) I will report back when munched....probably Thursday now. Ah crap! Mothers birthday then. Do you reckon it can be made up in the morning and survive in the fridge until the evening? Without turning to slop or anything?? xx

Umm the mixture will be ok left in the fridge for a day, but not sure about stuffing the cannelloni tubes! X

xJoanneJJx said:
Umm the mixture will be ok left in the fridge for a day, but not sure about stuffing the cannelloni tubes! X

Never even crossed my mind to just make the mixture up and then fill later - dur! Guess I know what I'll be doing in the mor ing :D should be nice and quick to assemble? Hoe many tubes does it fill roughly? I'm so nervous about it!! Xx

Loving the grapefruit face :)
I have become addicted and every evening I have 2 'cos they take me ages to eat!!

I dug out the Spanish chicken thingy that I froze from last SW mag.........there is loads!! Was really yummy with new potatoes and peas. Think this will be dinner again tomorrow and the day after and the day after .....

Are you pleased with the new bike? Pic??

dextersmum said:
Loving the grapefruit face :)
I have become addicted and every evening I have 2 'cos they take me ages to eat!!

I dug out the Spanish chicken thingy that I froze from last SW mag.........there is loads!! Was really yummy with new potatoes and peas. Think this will be dinner again tomorrow and the day after and the day after .....

Are you pleased with the new bike? Pic??

DM You're giving me loads of ideas for batch cooking :) I thought of you this morning when I was in tesco, saw the lighter choice jackets with cheese but couldn't remember how many syns so I didn't get them :(

Loving my new bike! Fly along on it and half the journey time to work which is ace! Will take a picture of it after work and post - it's a Mans bike, all the woman's ones had flowers on or were lilac:baby pink! Not for me :( xx

Thursday 29th March 2012
EE

Breakfast
Scrambled egg
Spinach
30g cheddar HexA
1 WM toast 1/2 HexB
scraping of philli light on toast 1 syn

Lunch
Lighter choice spicy beef pasta 3.5 syns
Mixed salad
Special k minis 5 syns

Dinner
Spicy chilli EL mince with grated courgette, carrot, sliced mushrooms, onion, pepper, chopped tomatoes, passata, Chilli, paprika, chilli powder
Jacket potato
Wildfire rocket, spinach and red pak choi
5g grated cheddar 1 syn

syns 10.5
HexA x 1, HexB x 1

Fluids 4 x large water, 2 large diet pepsi
Exercise 6.2 mile on the bike. Up bloody hills too!

image-4274930040.jpg

image-139344176.jpg

image-2956343974.jpg

Last edited:
The tesco light choice jackets with cheese and chives are 2.5 syns and I find them great for quick supper.
Well done on the cycling to work - am very impressed x

Everyone in work was fancying my Spanish chicken and I think it tasted even nicer after freezing ....... Also feeling very smug as totally on plan since Monday. Seem to manage most of week now :)

dextersmum said:
The tesco light choice jackets with cheese and chives are 2.5 syns and I find them great for quick supper.
Well done on the cycling to work - am very impressed x

Everyone in work was fancying my Spanish chicken and I think it tasted even nicer after freezing ....... Also feeling very smug as totally on plan since Monday. Seem to manage most of week now :)

Cheers for that - I'll print that into my mental notes so I don't forget the syn value!
So many recipes I want to try - noted that the Spanish chicken gets a tick. Finally making the cannelloni today so will report back tonight.

Well done on being on plan too, keep feeling smug :D I feel like I'm losing the weight I surely gained on my week off so hopefully be down in the 14's soon. Will squeal when I see a 14 on the scales!! Good luck for the morning xxx

Friday 30th March 2012
EE

Breakfast
2 x alpen light bars HexB
Banana

Lunch
Tesco light choice cheese and broccoli pasta 4syns (wasn't great so won't be had again)
Wildfire rocket salad
Special k minis 5 syns

Dinner
Spicy mince left overs from last night
HexA cheese
1 syn each of ketchup and brown sauce

HexA x 1, HexB x 1
Syns 11

Back