Minky's meals!

Minks - I too will be giving that tasty hash a whirl......love the SW recipes that are easy to make and the syn free ones!! Lol.

Beef stew in the slow cooker with me is very wet anyway........kinda like a chunky soup or as we call it in Wales 'Cawl' so no problems there.........how about trying oneof them serving spoons with the holes in for draining veg (not a clue what it's called!!)

What is the sunshine soup? Sorry if recipe is here somewhere - bit slow today xxxx

Spangle - glad you are starting to feel a bit better xxxx

My sunshine soup is more sunset today :D dead easy again.

Boil 500g of sweetcorn in stock for about 15 mins. While that's bubbling away, quarter yellow peppers (I usually do 3/4) and roast in oven till soft and sweet. Bung all in the blitzed and voila! Bowl of sunshine!

Unfortunately I couldn't get yellow peppers for love nor money last night so settled for red and orange. And I added chilli as it tasted a bit sweetcorny today. But yummy all the same! Xx

Minks ;)

I would love a x trainer or exercise bike. Might take a look at freecycle. Lemme know how the pancakes turn out, might give them a try next week as I like the magic porridge so don't see why I wouldn't like the pancakes! Hope your chest is better :) xx

Minks ;)

The magic pancakes were wonderful and will def do again. I even wondered about making some and taking them into work to eat cold... they reminded me in some ways of those scotch pancakes, they'll be lovely with berries.
My x trainer was bought from ebay the other week for £63, no where near the same as the one at the gym, but still exercising and nice to listen to radio as I work.

Forget to say, chest is much better with each passing day... will be back at gym by end of the week :). Thank you for asking.
How are you with your cold and blocked sinuses, on the mend I hope?

Thanks for the recipe. Just weighed and feel like I want to cry as sts. I know it's my fault as had nights out fri and sat but thought I'd done enough to lose a pound.... Must not give up!

Whitey27 said:
Thanks for the recipe. Just weighed and feel like I want to cry as sts. I know it's my fault as had nights out fri and sat but thought I'd done enough to lose a pound.... Must not give up!

No, don't give up! Do you go out every weekend? If that's your downfall then maybe try and alternate the weekends that you drink or just keep it to one weekend a month. Unless you're happy with a slower loss then by all means go out when you like but unfortunately we do have to have some form of compromise (damn it!). If you need any help then just shout :) xx

Wednesday 15th February 2012
Red day

Breakfast
2 slices of bacon (2 syns each as kept on fat)
Egg
Mushrooms

Lunch
2 x quorn sausages (syn free)
Scrambled egg
Onion
30g cheese
2 x WM bread

Dinner
Sausages (2 syns)
BNS roasted chunks
Roast carrots
Fibre plus bar, banana and ff natural yog stirred up with options banana chocolate

Exercise 2 x 2.2 mile walk
Fluids 2 large waters, 4 peppermint teas

Syns 8 syns
HexA x 1, HexB x 2
image-941417908.jpg
image-1375882447.jpg
image-3072801340.jpg
image-3829052055.jpg

Last edited:
Ah thanks minky! You're fab. I don't usually go out loads - was a particularly bad week. I'm off home to my parents this weekend so am staying off the booze and will be good with my meals too so fingers crossed it's a better week. Thanks again :) :)

Whitey27 said:
Ah thanks minky! You're fab. I don't usually go out loads - was a particularly bad week. I'm off home to my parents this weekend so am staying off the booze and will be good with my meals too so fingers crossed it's a better week. Thanks again :) :)

Fingers are well and truly crossed for you :) it's hard when it comes to trying to keep a social life, I enjoy going out and having drinks with friends or going to families houses for dinner as much as the next person. Way I see it is that if real life happens, it happens! Can't get too bogged down about it, but kinda just get back on it as soon as possible xxx

Thursday 16th February 2012
EE

Breakfast
Mushroom omelette
Baked beans
Mushy peas
1 syn brown sauce

Banana
Fibre plus bar

Lunch
Roast BNS, carrot and courgette
Left over mushy peas :D

Dinner
Chicken, quorn and vegetable curry
SW chips

Fluids 3 x water, 2 x peppermint tea

Syns 1
HexA x 1, HexB x 1

image-3529306211.jpg
image-3315921720.jpg
image-2922321648.jpg

Last edited:
Friday 17th February 2012
Green day

Breakfast
Baked beans
Boiled egg
2 x WM toast HexB

Fibre plus bar

Buffet sandwiches in meeting :( egg Mayo on White bread, chicken tikka on wholegrain seeded bread, cheese an pickle on wholegrain seeded bread, 2 x little chocolate and almond biscuits

Lunch
Roasted BNS, carrot and courgette
Ainsley Harriet roasted veg couscous 2 syns

Dinner
Tartte flatte (4 syns max for bacon)
Broccoli
Cauliflower
HexA cheese (cheddar and Philli light)

Fluids 2 pints water, large glass water, 2 peppermint tea

Syns far too many
HexA x 2, HexB x 2
image-1885709906.jpgimage-2384153750.jpg
image-2204277191.jpg

Last edited:
Saturday 18th February
EE

Weird food day as wasnt very structured and just felt like I pigged out a bit :D

Breakfast
Left over Tartte Flatte
(onions, brocolli, cauliflower SF)

Gingernut biscuit 4 syns

Lunch
Fibre plus bar and more tartte flatte :D
Toffee dazzler bar 4.5 syns

Dinner
Ex lean mince concoction
onions, garlic, ex lean mince, tom puree, passata, courgette diced up, tinned carrots, paprika, chilli flakes, oxo cube, worcestershire sauce - all fried off in the pan, added in the same order as typed :)
Small dollop of smash

Exercise 3.76 miles walked
Fluids 2 x fruit tea, 3 x water, 1 small diet coke, 1 bottle water

Syns 8.5
Hexa x 1 (cheese in tartte flatte) Hexb x 1

image-1879393834.jpg

Hi MinkyDinky!

I'm delighted that I found your food diary. I'm not doing SW but it doesn't matter, your diary has given me some great ideas for this coming week. Thanks for posting the pictures!

Hi MinkyDinky!

I'm delighted that I found your food diary. I'm not doing SW but it doesn't matter, your diary has given me some great ideas for this coming week. Thanks for posting the pictures!

Hey! Feel free to stop by any time and have a nosey! I see you are doing healthy eating - great thing about SW is that most of it is just adapted recipes for a healthier alternative so should be perfectly fine for you :) good luck and hope to see you around xx

Sunday 19th February 2012
EE

Brunch
Leftover mince concoction with added beans, passata and HexA cheddar
Fibre plus bar HexB

Dinner
Roast chicken
Roast frylight potatoes
Roast carrot
Mixed vegetables
1 x yorkshire pus 2 syns
Gravy 2 syns

Exercise none
Fluids fruit tea x 4 water x 4

Syns 4
HexA x 1, HexB x 1
View attachment 26494
image-3288134879.jpg

Last edited:
cheers for the burger recipe Minky! OH didnt follow it (hes anti-recipes) but he did at least take on board your idea and we had a lovely tea! x :D

blackwidow said:
cheers for the burger recipe Minky! OH didnt follow it (hes anti-recipes) but he did at least take on board your idea and we had a lovely tea! x :D

My OH is exactly the same with recipes ('real men don't need them' apparently) but glad you got a successful dinner out of it :D I love them! Might make some next week actually xx

Back