MinnieMel is nolonger considers herself a CDer. One final post.

@Jffryyy -- I would love it.

Over the years I have been told many times that I should be a party/wedding planner!

The favourite cake I ever made was for a "Bridal Shower" -- but it more of Hen Party thing.

It was for a second marriage and they had been living together for years. She (the bride) was being all awkward about having a 'shower' under the circumstances. So I made a cake that looked like a toilet bowl, it was white and had blue frosting in the bowl area with some mini tootsie rolls -- and on the tank I wrote, "So, You're Getting Married, Who Gives a Sh*t! WE DO!" She LOVED it!

It was delicious and people actually fought over the Tootsie Rolls! ;)

LOL --

MM

Over the years I have been told many times that I should be a party/wedding planner!

The favourite cake I ever made was for a "Bridal Shower" -- but it more of Hen Party thing.

It was for a second marriage and they had been living together for years. She (the bride) was being all awkward about having a 'shower' under the circumstances. So I made a cake that looked like a toilet bowl, it was white and had blue frosting in the bowl area with some mini tootsie rolls -- and on the tank I wrote, "So, You're Getting Married, Who Gives a Sh*t! WE DO!" She LOVED it!

LOL --

MM

LOL!

Oh Mel that sounds wonderful really, I bet she was delighted in the end :)

LOL --

MM

oh mel that cake sounds hilarious!

@Claire and Jfryyyy,

That was over 20 years ago and they are still married! I should make the same cake for their 25th in a couple of years... and write, "So You're Still Married Who Gives..." LOL

MM

You should advertise for wedding cakes for all the brides to be on here!!!! How you make cake and not eat it I do not know. SUPER WOMEN lol. Do you know any shop bought equivalent to mix-a-mousse? My cdc wont give me any till my 3rd week...and am desperate for a butterscotch angel delight type thing...I think that would make my week lol!

xxx

@Michelle --

I would buy some plain powder gelatin at Tescos (or another grocery shop). And I would add about 15 mls (a tablespoon) of the powder to the packet of CD shake. I would mix that DRY. Then, pour it into a deep mixing cup with about 120 mls of very cold water and use a stick blender to mix it for about a minute. I would them use a long spoon and pour it into a bowl and chill it for about 10 minutes. I think this would work the same as using mix-a-mousse. (and be alot cheaper.)

I'll get some plain gelatin today -- and give it a go and let you know.

MM

@Michelle --

I would buy some plain powder gelatin at Tescos (or another grocery shop). And I would add about 15 mls (a tablespoon) of the powder to the packet of CD shake. I would mix that DRY. Then, pour it into a deep mixing cup with about 120 mls of very cold water and use a stick blender to mix it for about a minute. I would them use a long spoon and pour it into a bowl and chill it for about 10 minutes. I think this would work the same as using mix-a-mousse. (and be alot cheaper.)

MM

Im sooo doing this today. Butterscotch angel delight....my mouth is watering already lol. I wont tell the CDC either..I mean, what harm can it do? Im doing 100%?.

I have just looked up your south beach protein bars and oh my!!! YUM. Where do you get them from? Online or are they found in superdrug etc? I am thinking of using them as lunchs 2/3 days a week to keep my cal intake down during the week once Im off this.

xxx

Hi Michelle,

I can either buy them on the American Air Force base here in the UK or have them shipped from the U.S. -- but sometimes you can find things like this online.

Also, at Boots they sell Atkins bars which are very good.

MM

Hi Michelle,

I can either buy them on the American Air Force base here in the UK or have them shipped from the U.S. -- but sometimes you can find things like this online.

Also, at Boots they sell Atkins bars which are very good.

MM

Are you in the RAF mrs? I am.....

P.s I have just noticed you changed profile picture from the other day!(im not very observant lol). I hope I wont offend you when I say your behind looks "TINY" and you look fab! Go you.

xxx

xxx

LOL -- That's not me. That is my 12 year daughter is 5'1 1/2 and 91 pounds! Her behind is tiny! Her measurements are 30-24-31!

My DH works for the United States Air Force as a civilian contractor (he was in the USAF when we met many years ago). I used to be a teacher (in the US -- and have been a mom, big volunteer, and teacher's aide at a UK secondary school.)

I have come RAF friends here -- they or their spouses work a RAF Brampton, Wyton and Wittering for the most part.

MM

LOL -- That's not me. That is my 12 year daughter is 5'1 1/2 and 91 pounds! Her behind is tiny! Her measurements are 30-24-31!

My DH works for the United States Air Force as a civilian contractor (he was in the USAF when we met many years ago). I used to be a teacher (in the US -- and have been a mom, big volunteer, and teacher's aide at a UK secondary school.)

I have come RAF friends here -- they or their spouses work a RAF Brampton, Wyton and Wittering for the most part.

MM

Haha...that woudl explain it then!! I was think, "that women looks TINY...." lol.

I have just got back rom the shops and bought gelatine and bouillion. I have just had a mug of the bouillion and my god...ITS GORGEOUS!! Its like a taste firework display going on in my mouth haha! I used a small teaspoonful in a mug of hot water. Are you sure this stuff is fine to use lol?? Too late now if its not. Have just mixed my shake with some gelatine too to make a Mix a mousse. I made it slightly differently to what you said as I forgot. I made it with the geletine with boiling water and then put my shake in with that and hand whisked it. It now cooling in the freezer lol! Im praying it works.....PLEASE work lol.Does this seem ok to you?
xxxx

Haha...that woudl explain it then!! I was think, "that women looks TINY...." lol.

I have just got back rom the shops and bought gelatine and bouillion. I have just had a mug of the bouillion and my god...ITS GORGEOUS!! Its like a taste firework display going on in my mouth haha! I used a small teaspoonful in a mug of hot water. Are you sure this stuff is fine to use lol?? Too late now if its not. Have just mixed my shake with some gelatine too to make a Mix a mousse. I made it slightly differently to what you said as I forgot. I made it with the geletine with boiling water and then put my shake in with that and hand whisked it. It now cooling in the freezer lol! Im praying it works.....PLEASE work lol.Does this seem ok to you?
xxxx

It didnt work...booooo! :-( x x x

Hi CP -- I just read the mix-a-mousse packaging and it is "cold water dispersable gelatin". So, you have to see if it will work with cold water. I did not get any gelatin at a shop today, but I'll look tomorrow.

Sorry it did not work. Will your CDC let you have tetras? I have heard people talk about freezing those ans eating them as an ice cream.

MM

@Michelle --

MM
I don't understand what is wrong with MAM straight away ? I had mam 3 times a day last week.
And lost 4 lbs too! I adore mix a mousse totally mel please try it out today. Lol lol so I can do the same lol xx

Mel I'm send you a PM need your advice again. As your fab with support xx

@Shanny -- I do not get it either -- it is just adding 10 mls of cold water soluable gelatin to the shake. A little added protein... no carbs and almost no calories. My CDC let me have the second week... which was when I asked for it. She let my friend buy it right away -- when she asked for it.

Weird.

MM

What I was doing instead of eating...

Today I was baking about 200 cookies for the church's youth group. My friend's teenagers attend this group and it was her "turn" to make dinner for the entire group (about 60 kids).

I offered to bake up the cookies, as she is making four slowcookers of a mince and noodle dish and salad for 60!

The cookies are done... the kitchen almost restored to normal, and a little laundry started. I am going to wrap the trays of cookies in plastic -- ready for delivery or pick up.

Then, I will shower, wash my hair and get dressed -- as I need to run a couple of errands.

I think I should find something fun to do with DD. She has been lurking around not really getting involved in the baking. She chose to play video games instead.

Actually one of the errands to pick up a solar system kit at the craft store -- as she has a project due on March 10th! So, we'll get that and she go to work on it. Win-Win... fun homework!

MM

Morning Mel my book has been dispatched too so hoping i will recieve by friday ready for the weekend.

Mel when is your wi this week?
looking forward to hearing your news. x

Hi Shanny,

My CFF (Cheese Fiend Friend) and I go to the CDC on Monday mornings at 9:30 -- but this week is half-term and so my CFF and I decided to cancel and see our CDC next Monday. (She isn't really doing CD, yet. And, I have plenty of products atm.)

But, I will be weighed on Saturday at RC Zumba -- so, I may update my tickers using that.

I usually "home weigh" on Sunday for update (same scale, same time, same outfit)... but this week I was birthday partying with DD, in London (and had a day "off plan" -- only tea and a couple of scones at Harrolds -- rip off) and thought... "I might not show a true week's worth of being good for because of a couple of scones, so I will CD faithfully, drink my water, do my fitness and weigh in a week." No point in exposing myself to "bad news" that is temporary. ;)

I have not been as good with the water (as I would like), or the fitness... but I have been sticking to the CD 810. But, now that I have written this all out -- I am going to go and mix up a jug of flavoured water and pick a fitness activity to do.

Thanks for asking. It made me focus.

MM

What I am doing instead of eating...

Day 58 -- If I am counting correctly.

DD is painting her styrofoam planets in order to assemble a model solar system. Her teacher likes to give "break homework" -- it is not due until March 7th, but I would like her to go ahead and get it done (as the weather is rubbish).

Then, I should run some errands (got sidetracked being helpful yesterday), and plan some fitness.

Working a bit on the housework (not much), spending time on the computer (too much), and I am planning to do some reading, project work, and sorting.

Time to make DDs lunch. I had my porridge rather late -- so, I'll wait for my MAM or CD soup until a bit later.

*I am working well on the water and walking -- as I have made so many trips to the loo. lol

MM

Back