MinnieMel is nolonger considers herself a CDer. One final post.

i love new hair cuts. many years ago i had very long hair which i could almost sit on. i got it chopped into a short concave bob shaved up the back slightly.

Good morning lovely Mel :) how lovely and kind of you to donate your hair, there was a programme on a few years ago. The singer Jamelia did this and it showed how and why ppl do this.

Sorry to hear your out of MAM.. Hope you recieve a tub soon.

Happy Sunday xx

Help me Shanny!!! My CWPC just emailed that she can't see me until Thursday now. It was scheduled for Monday (10 days ago), then moved to Tuesday last week, and now it is Thursday (which is Thanksgiving).

My DD has an ortho appt that morning -- so, I'll have to have m DH take her to that in order to see my CDC. She then has a Physical Therapy appt. that afternoon.

Our family dinner was supposed to be just after that -- late afternon -- but we have moved it to Friday at 5, as she does not want to miss gymnastics.

So, DH will have to go into work early to get home in time for dinner at 5. A lot of Americans get the Friday after Thanksgiving off, as well, but he won't.

NO MAM!!!

Mel

:( i hope it all goes smoothly on the day.. One thing i hated about working at walmart was black friday! We had to have police in and everyrhing cause it was a 24 hour one and people would gt violent cause we could sell the deals til5

:( i hope it all goes smoothly on the day.. One thing i hated about working at walmart was black friday! We had to have police in and everyrhing cause it was a 24 hour one and people would gt violent cause we could sell the deals til5

Oh, I'll go online this week and order the wreaths from Landsend (or is LLBean) for my DH's sisters (4). I send each couple a fresh Maine Balsam wreath decorated to suit them (or so I think) -- they arrive the week after Thanksgving and then can be tossed after New Years' - and I send them another the following year. I started doing this after I moved from Germany to England and realised just how much cr^p had accumulated.

My DH is the youngest of six. His siblings are all getting to retirement age and down-sizing. They do not need the Italian Capodimonte flowers,Polish Pottery bowls, German Christmas ornaments, etc. I was spending all my holidays Christmas shopping and the postage was costing me more than the gifts. This is easier and appreciated.
I'll send his brother a Swiss Colony gift set, and his mother some gift cards for meals out (so she can treat her friends when they drive her somewhere).

My family is more difficult, but I have already mailed the kids Chocolate advent calendars. I will probably just send my sister and neice gift cards -- and I'll call to find out what the kids would like.

My dad and two sisters in Texas will be a challenge, too. I may have already bought them something during the year -- I'll have to check my stash. I usually do this.

great things said:
what's black friday all about?

Day after thanksgiving most retail store have HUGE sales. One year we were doing portable dvd players for 30ish and flat screens dor abot 199(back when that stuff was way more expensive than it is now lol.. But its a nightmare working it and im sure shopping in t cause it gets absolutely insane. He walmart i worked at was never so jammed in the car patk than 430 am on black friday!

Yea uve always done gift cards even when i was back in the states cauae it was hard to tjink.of what to get so many people especially when my dad married and got me 4 more siblings to shop for lol

I used to line up for Black Friday sales... now I would never even considered it. I showed up at Stoke today for the big Portmeirion Marquee sale at the London Road shop (annual thing) -- and there was a queue! I had to wait over 1/2 an hour to get in to shop. This was the second day of the sale! The guard (there were several) told me that there were 700 people lined up yesterday before the sale started! This is first time ever for this! There were some good deals... but I would have left yesterday and avoided the crowd. Not my thing, at all.

@Nikki -- Black Friday is called Black Friday because it is the BIGGEST retail sales day of the year, and it usually marks the date that the businesses can say that they will finish the fiscal year "in the black" (as in at a profit).

Monday, Novermber 21, 2011

Well, gray day... and a Monday. *sigh* I am trying to get going and be productive.

I am up, have made DD's packed lunch, seen her off to school, have had breakfast, a coffee and will work on my water as I scan Minis and use my lightbox.

Then, I will text a friend about meeting for coffee (or not) and what happens then will depend on her response. If she is okay to delay (as my meeting near her house was cancelled) -- then I will exercise, colour my hair, and really work on getting some chores/errands accomplished.

I do need to go out and get some things to add to the Christmas gifts I bought yesterday (that I plan to wrap and pack today), and other things.

So, hoping for a productive day for all.

Mel

P.S. I am still doing a "drawer a day" challenge -- I am ahead because the sideboard in the kitchen has 9 small drawers that I did on Friday. However, I will pick up with the challenge today and try to do three (one for Sat., Sun., and today).

The "challenge" is to clear, glean, clean and organise the drawer.

I am not stopping until I have done EVERY drawer in the house. -- This is going to take awhile.

Sounds like a productive day.. Ooo what color are dying your hair? Need a new pic then after :D. That drawer a day challenge sound good, too bad i dont feel like they are MY drawers to do it with. Though i have a couple i can do in our rooms.

Well, gray day... and a Monday. *sigh* I am trying to get going and be productive.

I am up, have made DD's packed lunch, seen her off to school, have had breakfast, a coffee and will work on my water as I scan Minis and use my lightbox.

All done!

Then, I will text a friend about meeting for coffee (or not) and what happens then will depend on her response. If she is okay to delay (as my meeting near her house was cancelled) -- then I will exercise, colour my hair, and really work on getting some chores/errands accomplished.

I called and got no answer -- so, I will send a text and make ure she has my number. She works on the American post, so I'll pop by and see her at work tomorrow.

I just coloured my hair the same sort of blonde colour, as it has grown out. I am going to have highlights pulled through on the 3rd professionally.

I spent a large part of today writing up an inventory of my dishes (still not done). I washed the new stuff. I cleared out and cleaned the cabinets and moved the everyday dishes into boxes and put those in the office, so I could put out the Christmas dishes (writing up an inventory of those, too). I also wrote up an inventory of the bakeware, serving pieces, etc.

I still need to clear out the diningroom box, paperwork, craft supply nightmare --which means getting the craft room upstairs sorted first. Then, I will thoroughly clean the diningroom and inventory those dishes, serving pieces, etc.

I am working on the laundry and changed DDs bed linen. Her room could use a dust and vacuum and I'll do that in the morning.

I do need to go out and get some things to add to the Christmas gifts I bought yesterday (that I plan to wrap and pack today), and other things.

I've done a little wrappng and sorting -- but no shopping. However, I may out after DD goes to bed.

So, hoping for a productive day for all.

Kept busy, but still have a big mess.

Mel

P.S. I am still doing a "drawer a day" challenge -- I am ahead because the sideboard in the kitchen has 9 small drawers that I did on Friday. However, I will pick up with the challenge today and try to do three (one for Sat., Sun., and today).

The "challenge" is to clear, glean, clean and organise the drawer.

I am not stopping until I have done EVERY drawer in the house. -- This is going to take awhile.

I did the dish cupboards in the kitchen, but will try to also do a proper drawer.

Mel

STOP! I can't keep up with all this productivity - how the hell do you fir it all in? Do you sleep? :8855: (p.s. black Friday sounds like a nightmare!). xx

Mel - an inventory of dishes....

All I can say is wow! You are so efficient. I can only dream of such things.

STOP! I can't keep up with all this productivity - how the hell do you fir it all in? Do you sleep? :8855: (p.s. black Friday sounds like a nightmare!). xx

Actually, Yvonne it can be a lot of fun especially if you are waiting with friends to get the "must have" item for some child. My dad had me get up and go to a store to get in line to wait for a Cabbage Doll when I was 17 (for my neice). I got a bunch of my friends to go with me -- one per person -- and they sold theirs' later t a huge profit. The people who bought them did not mind -- it was as if they'd paid a teenager to wait in line for them.

Mel - an inventory of dishes....

All I can say is wow! You are so efficient. I can only dream of such things.

LOL -- Maybe not. I have quite an accumulation of Portmierion dishes and I meant to do this BEFORE I went to Stoke-on-Trent Sunday (and did not). I have mislaid my last inventory a few years out of date) and this time I will type it up and save it onto the computer, plus back it up. Because I did not have the list -- I did not get the "replacement" pieces for the ones that have broken, chipped, cracked, etc.

But, I did get some lovely gifts at fab prices.

Busy busy lady.... Please share your energy with me lovely Mel :) lol xx

Not really... still not exercising and I am at that DAY in Beck, again. We have a Beck diary going on Silver... if you care to join. JanelleKay has joined with me in doing Beck, again. I also have a young American who lives in the UK as a diet partner that is doing Beck for the first time.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Mel

Last edited:
busy day mel, you're starting to sound like a copy of me.... always on the go. i've sorted a huge amount out today which inc finishing the xmas shopping for the kids (unwrapped as yet), cleaning the ground floor of my house, sorting out hubby's car insurance and teaching zumba. i didn't go to the gym today as i wanted to ease off with doing ss+

busy day mel, you're starting to sound like a copy of me.... always on the go. i've sorted a huge amount out today which inc finishing the xmas shopping for the kids (unwrapped as yet), cleaning the ground floor of my house, sorting out hubby's car insurance and teaching zumba. i didn't go to the gym today as i wanted to ease off with doing ss+

Hi Nikki,

I am glad you are easing off on the fitness.... I think it might actually help your losses. I did a lot of shopping (clothing, Christmas gifts, and the Thanksgiving food shop). Now, I need to get the shopping sorted and "stashed" until I can find time to wrap gifts. I really need to finish up whatever is to be mailed out to the States this weekend.

Mel

Hey MM i hope you have a great thanksgiving!! Gobble gobble lol

Back