MinnieMel is nolonger considers herself a CDer. One final post.

What supermarket? I want some sooo bad :(

this might be a silly question but how do i update my weight on this thing? so i can see what i was what iam now and my goal?

Hi Helen,

I tried to Private Message (pm) you, but you need 50 posts to give or received PMs. A good way to up your posts fast is to go to ChitChat and play some games. I still play the song game because I like it.

Also, checking the threads for the challenges and commenting on people's losses (encouraging others) will up your posts and is appreciated.

To update your profile -- go to the blue bar at the top of the page and click on user CP. It should offer you a list of choices and you can click on what you would like to change.

The weight tickers are created on www.tickerfactory.com and once you have "made one" you can copy and paste the bbb code into your signature (access through the UserCP -- signature) -- and to update those, you just click on your ticker in any of your posts and it will take to the page. You make the changes and click save. The next time you post Minimins -- all your tickers in every post you have ever created will change. It is very cool.

At the top of the main site page there are several things that you can access -- the "tutorials" are very helpful. I think Pierce (one of the moderators) created a ticker tutorial that is very good. There are many others for how the functions on the site work.

Boost your posts, so that you can PM and gain more signature space... and have fun! Good luck with your weight loss -- there are many inspirational and supportive people on this forum.

MinnieMel

I found Crystal Light online at a website called americansweets. It is listed for L5.49 for 8 sachets that will mix up 8 quarts. But, I think I mix my sachets with two quarts of water.

What I did instead of eating...

I spent all day in the house with my DD who was poorly. She had a bad night with a tummy bug and seemed to improved as the day moved along... she even gave me a "makeover" and took a picture of my lovely hairstyle ;0.

A friend of mine posted on FB that her OH was going out for the night and did anyone want to the cinema. So, I replied affirmatively. After my DH came home and took over parenting... I met my friend and we went to see "Tangled" in 3D. It was very good -- and I kind of enjoyed seeing a "kid's film" with another adult.

Other than that -- and being on the computer, making a few "business" phone calls and standard chores: it was quiet day.

MM

hi mel,glad you enjoyed "tangled",im taking my little girl and her friend to watch it next week,gotta love a disney film! im trying to channel my inner princess!
im really curious about crystal light drink mix,im going to trawl the supermarket sites .x
happy wednesday.hope your daughter is better today.

Morning Mel just wanted to say thank you again for your help with the MAM I made it last night before zumba. Was perfect and just had another banana one this morning before work.!

Happy Wednesday chick x

Hi MM hope you are having a good day and that your DD is better today. I see you joined Rosemary Conely recently. hows it going? Did you enjoy the zumba? They do zumba at the one i go to, but i just cant get my feet off the ground lol.

I really liked the portion pots you get from RC, the spaghetti measure was an eye opener though, I used to eat 4 times that amount of pasta lol. I counted out the strands after i measured, it was 52. I use a low carb spaghetti and low fat mince, 450grm pack of mince with some chopped up carrot and tomato puree makes 4 portions for me so the whole meal with spaghetti just barely fills a small cereal bowl, but it is actually plenty and fills me up. My poor stomach thinks my throat has been cut lol.

When i compare what i eat now to the huge portions i ate before its wonder my weight was only 17 and half st, by rights i should have been nearer 30st lol.

I wonder how many people join slimming clubs but dont follow the diet and do their own? I tried WW and didnt like the woman who ran it, and cant believe for a minute i could eat all their food and not put weight on. The RC diet is much closer to what i do but way too much carb in the form of bread cereal and pasta, so im still doing my own thing. Its works though, and really im there to maintain now, not lose weight.

Hope you have a good day.

Thanks everyone for the good wishes for my DD.

She is back to her "pre-teen" self -- huffing and puffing and rolling her eyes. She is still tentative about she eats -- some plain rices, plain waffles, crackers, etc. But, I think she'll be able to stomach a little chicken for dinner tonight.

@Rubyangel -- Do see the 3D version. It is wonderful. It is a muscial and Mandy Moore voices Rapunzel.

@Shanny -- I loved the Zumba and will be there again this week. I am even thinking of trying a local one (but most of them are in the evenings and as I am not working ATM I feel guilty going out at night for something I could do during the day).
I haven't tried the banana shake... but I think I'll give the one I have a "go" as a MAM.

@Lynn -- My RC fitness leader does not make the Zumba too difficult. I think most of the attendees are over 40. There are some ladies who are probably significantly older than that and they do okay.
I was astounded at the size of the portions -- I am sure I was having three to four times more than I should of everything.
I think that for "management" I'll do a low carb/low GI version of the RC diet. I cook with whole grain/low carb products, as well. My DH is doing SB right now and I preparing his food to fit that diet. It isn't a lot different than how I normally cook, but I am using portion control when I serve his food.
He has lost 16 pounds in January -- I lost 9. :sigh:

I've not been very good about accomplishing things around the house or from my chore list, but DD and I have had some nice "bonding" time.

I'll start dinner soon, do a quick tidy around, work on some laundry and, perhaps, tackle some of things DD and I are working on in her room. We'll see... Procrastination is my strong suit (unfortunately).

MM

Last edited:
Iv just brought some crystal light off an American shop from eBay lol cherry flavour lol

Also my guide book for new York came today!! Its brill it's updated every year apparently, it's 2011 one :) sooooo much to do!

@Kimmie -- How exciting. I LOVE the BIG APPLE. (Find it exhausting, but love it.) Do not miss the Museum of Natural History (where "Night at the Museum" was filmed.) The Hope Diamond is there... go drool over it.
If you are taking your daughter -- and if she is 4 or older -- you HAVE to visit the American Girl Doll Store. Google it. It is amazing.
I could on, and on, and on...

MM

Last edited:
Please do! Need some recommendations :) not talking dd just me and oh x

What I am doing instead of eating...

Well, DD is back at school and I am on the computer, doing a little laundry and not enough of what I should be doing... I did walk the dog (short walk) with a neighbor, talk to a couple of friends on the phone, and do some small bits...

I am planning to go to aquafit tonight, and have decided to get sorted and run my errands incl. grocery shop. I will see about getting what I need to to do a Chinese New Year Meal for the family and will even tidy up the kitchen and see if I can't do something to make it a bit more festive.

Well, I'd better get going... as I now have a limited window of opportunity to accomplish my errands.

MM

Morning Mel exercising queen lol I'm going to gym it all weekend!

Enjoy aquafit I loved that last year another class on my list.

Xx

Thursday p.m. traffic was horrendous, so by the time I got DD to gymnastics and back to the house AF was a no go. So, did a few things around the house, made dinner and had a nice evening with DH.

Friday, I tried to get some errands done, and finished those up Saturday. Made dinner, and had a quiet evening at home.

Today, I did the RC Zumba (good class), finished some errands, came home made DD lunch, helped her wrap some birthday gifts and took her to a 3 hour activity party (My former avatar was of the hairstyle she created for me at the party)-- some of the parents had discussed staying, drinking coffee and catching up. We did and it was nice.

Then, it was back home starting laundry, catching up on email, FB, mms, and then fixing dinner, and doing some general tidying.

I hope to start getting my "spring cleaning" going in full force -- my "to do" list seems to growing, not shrinking.

MM

Last edited:
thought I would call in and say hiya... happy Sunday MM!

xxx

What I am doing instead of eating...

Well, slow day... my DD has FINALLY finished her math (what a struggle DH had with her -- now, he knows a bit of what I go through most days). ;)

We are about to... must spell, can't say W-A-S-H the D-O-G. Thanks Goodness she can't spell, yet. Otherwise, we will have to F-I-N-D the D-O-G to W-A-S-H her. Not her favourite thing... but she stinks!!! She's too low to the ground and when it is damp and manky out: so is she.

After that... it'll be time to play archeological expedition and dig DD's room out from under all the accumluated debris.

If we finish that -- or even if we don't: it is ensuite clean (on Sunday's before DD's long bubble bath in the BIG Tub), and unfinished chores from last week. And there are tons of those.

And, of course making dinner has to go in there somewhere. I was looking at a SB Chicken recipe for the family (I'll be having my CD soup).

Well, got to go wash, dig, clean...

MM

Last edited:

Well, dog is clean and I even did a little trim around her face and bum. I did not do the best job... but she may stop running into walls. Yorkies are furry little things.

DD's clothes have been "gone through" for the most part. (still need to do the long rail in the wardrobe.) And, I have bags for 3 friends (who are smaller) and 1 bag for a larger friend (clothing that will never fit as DD is thin and small boned). And 1 bag to go to the thrift store.

I found no fewer than 20 swimsuits in the storage containers (bikini, tankini, one piece with cut outs, without, boy short style, etc.) that my sister has sent to her over the years. My sister lives in Florida and picks these things up on sale. So, she has been sending the size DD is, and then all larger sizes on sale... and we've accumulated over 20 swimsuits in size age 14/16! She tried them all on -- and only a few were too big -- so, she has 20 swimsuits to wear. LOL I guess she needs to start swimming more than once a week.

I think I'll have DD try them all on again for a fashion shoot -- and email my sister the pictures. If her "same size" friends need a suit -- I will ask her to choose one for them. Her current suits (only 2) are in the bag for a smaller friend.

Dinner was made a bit late: Rosemary chicken and roasted sweet potatoes. I was supposed to make a green salad for DH and DS to go with the chicken and potaotes (Dh is doing the SB diet), but with prepping DD's food to be set out in livingroom on a folding table (we let her dine whilst watching Dancing on Ice... she loves it), I forgot. It is not as if I was going to be eating it. Neither seemed to care -- but no green veggies is not healthy.

The chicken smelled so good it made me cranky. I changed my Avatar to suit my mood -- it is my Corpse Bride Halloween Costume.

I have not finished cleaning the ensuite, so I better get that done asap. I have cleaned up after dinner: put the food away, did the dishes, etc. I have also washed and hung out the suitsuits to air dry. DD's packed lunch is made, and her other bits (p.e. kit, books, etc.) are sorted for school tomorrow.

I had a Choc Mint Mix-A-Mousse for dinner -- and feel very full atm. I am also drinking an herbal tea. Tomorrow I see my CDC at 9:30 am. I hope I show the same or better losses at her house that I had on my scale this morning.

Well, I am off to clean the loo(s) -- the one downstairs needs to be done, too. Might as well tick that off my list.

MM

Last edited:
Hey hey!!

Didn`t realise you had a diary :D Just reading about your day has made me tired! lol

I`m glad your DD is feeling better now :)

Good luck for your WI tomorrow morning Xxx

Back