MinnieMel is nolonger considers herself a CDer. One final post.

can you come and sort my house out, lol

glad your daughters feeling better

@Claire -- I'd love to come and sort your house. I much prefer to organize and clear other people's clutter. I am too sentimental when it comes to my own cr%p. I am soooo working on this, though.

MM

think thats why were disappearring under rubbish, things have memorys even if they serve no purpose so i tend to try and find paces to store it all

Morning Claire --

I have saved years and years and years of programmes, ticket stubs, etc. because I am going to scrapbook it (ha!). I have used some of them -- and have a plan to glean through and organise the rest of rubbish... so, that I could possibly get "to this" one day.

I have a scrapbook that I MUST assemble in the next couple of weeks in order to post it to my neice for her birthday. She came to visit us in Christmas 2009 and I was going to make up the scrapbook for her birthday last year -- but did not get to it time. I have the supplies, the tickets stubs, etc. and even have the photos printed up... now it is just doing it.

I am going to power sort and get to it -- tomorrow. It is always tomorrow, eh. But it is actually in my diary as my whole day's plan for tomorrow. Her birthday is March 25th and it'll have to get to Florida.

I hope you have a good day.

MM

P.S. People seem to do everythig digital, but the kids love having these "all about me" photo/memory books. I used the greeting cards from my children's christenings to make up their scrapbooks and both of them like to look through them from time to time. (And, my DS is nearly 20 now.)

Phew!!!!!!!!! I am utterly exhausted, having read through all of your diary Mel :D What a busy lady you are!

One thing I wanted to ask you was how did you find those Sketchers shoes? Did they make any difference? I was thinking about buying a pair but they are a lot of money if they don't really work.

Hope your day is going well.

x

Hi Chels --

They are very comfy, and seem to really be bottom/leg toning.

My younger sister, who is an exercise/aviation pysiologist, recommended them. She and the older sister, who is a nurse practioner, both wear them when they go walking. If the younger sister wasn't in the U.S. Air Force and has to wear an uniform to work -- I think she might wear them all day long.

I also have slippers (I do not wear shoes in the house) that are supposed to be toning. And, I have order some "Fit Flops".

I have beige Shapers that look like Mary Jane shoes (I gave the too big black trainer ones to DH and he likes them). And, I have seen the same Mary Jane style in black -- so, I may (eventually) get those -- and then I'll try to wear them when I go out and about running errand, etc. They look less like trainers.

MM

Hi Chels --

They are very comfy, and seem to really be bottom/leg toning.

My younger sister, who is an exercise/aviation pysiologist, recommended them. She and the older sister, who is a nurse practioner, both wear them when they go walking. If the younger sister wasn't in the U.S. Air Force and has to wear an uniform to work -- I think she might wear them all day long.

I also have slippers (I do not wear shoes in the house) that are supposed to be toning. And, I have order some "Fit Flops".

I have beige Shapers that look like Mary Jane shoes (I gave the too big black trainer ones to DH and he likes them). And, I have seen the same Mary Jane style in black -- so, I may (eventually) get those -- and then I'll try to wear them when I go out and about running errand, etc. They look less like trainers.

MM
All sounds good then Mel, I think I might invest in a pair. Knowing that they are going to lift my fat a*se and tone my thunder thighs might just persuade me to do more walking :D The weather will soon start to improve and it would be good to have a 40 minute walk in my lunch hour, instead of sitting in the car reading the newspaper and listening to the radio. Have you got a link to where I can get the Mary Jane type ones?

TVM xxx

I have MBTs, the sandal kind... must dig them out (once the rain & sub-sero temps stop).

xxx

Hi Chels (and Hi KC) --

I bought mine from a UK website with free shipping, so when you add on the shipping fees from the US site: they were about the same price.

Although, the BX (military shop) as the black Mary Jane style, now. I might make those my "getting to bmi of 25" goal reward.

I will look for the link and pm you. I am not sure I can put a business link in public post.

MM

Shape-Ups by Skechers: Shape Ups White Silver Light Blue UK:6 £67.49

Thanks Mel but they didnt have my size. I've ordered these from Rubbersole, free next day delivery, so should get these tomorrow.

Many thanks for your help. I tried to PM you but it wouldn't let me xx

My thighs are getting awful as I lose weight :cry: So I was going to look into getting some of these as you said they were good....Until I saw the price Chel quoted :eek:

My thighs are getting awful as I lose weight :cry: So I was going to look into getting some of these as you said they were good....Until I saw the price Chel quoted :eek:
I know they are a bit pricey Lise, but I paid a similar amount for trainers that don't "lift and separate" so figure the money will be worth it pmsl x

lol... I have one of those thigh master thingys -- I think I'll be getting that out!

MM

What I did instead of eating...

I had planned to add my 3rd fitness thing per week today... but did not. I can try and do some fitness tomorrow to compensate.

I had a very blonde moment today. Not really sure how it happened, but thank goodness I wasn't the only confused mum. (There was another Key Stage 2 mum who showed up.)

I got a note home about a "Sing Up" performance at DD's school for this afternoon. I sent in the note stating I would be coming, but there were not preschool children to bring so it would be just the parents. The coodinator thought it was odd... but didn't contact me.

I had thought that I was coming in to school to hear my child sing (with all of Key Stage 2) for this thing. But, no it was little group of Key Stage one kids performing... if people wanted they could come and be their audience. So, they got my DD out of class to sit with me... but after about five minutes she asked if she could go back to class. So, I sat and listened to half dozen little kids I have never met sing. lol

Oh well, I bumped into a friend's husband (she is poorly) on the school grounds and I was able to give him the Canned American Chicken Soup and Crackers I had for her (she is American married to a British person). Saved me a trip.

And, since my DD had an afterschool activity... I popped down to the town to the south and picked up something she wanted for her birthday party, and then doubled back to pick her up from cheerleading. So, it worked out.

Prior to heading out to the school... I was doing housework. After getting home I made dinner and did some more housework. Now, I am going to make sure DD is in bed, and have cuppa before going to bed myself.

MM

What I am doing instead of eating...

Well, DD is poorly again. She got up, dressed, and was eating her breakfast and next thing we knew: she was sick. So, she is home again... and seemed fine until early afternoon and then she was sick some more. Fun! (Not for her, poor lamb.)

I tried to motivate myself to do some housework (did a little), did not bother with errands (there is always tomorrow), even though my DS was home and could watch his sister -- I did not want to leave her when she was feeling so poorly. (I did go out to pick up and transport DD's friend for gymnastics as I take and the other mum returns.)

Now, that DH is home and be with DD, I may go out to do an Aquafit class. But, I'll have to motivate myself -- and that will not be easy. (Rainy, gloomy days really get to me.)

I think I'll have some coffee and see if that "wakes me up".

MM

MM

hope your daughter is well again soon and hope you soon feel brighter mel,hate this gloomy weather too,roll on summer! x

Thanks Ruby.

The light box did not even help today.

MM

One can only hope... I did get myself to aquafit, and I think that business about exercise helping with mood is true: I felt much better after going and working out. I know I'll be a bit sore tomorrow, but so worth it.

MM

Back