MinnieMel is nolonger considers herself a CDer. One final post.

Hey Mel, great post, all very calm and sensible about the choices you have made. Credit to you indeed for this. The meal sounded lovely and i hope you enjoyed it along with catching up with bff and having some friend time. I think you are spot on with the 'eat more making you more hungry later on' thing, i had my meal very late last night and this morning woke up feeling very hungry and I very rarely eat brek before 10.30, so i stuck to my usual routine with water, coffee, mini's and have just come back from delivering cakes to church fayre (and got some lovely old cookbooks too!) and am ready for breakfast, the distraction was enough to take my mind off it anyway, thankfully (even refused the offer of a biscuit with my coffee...credit!)
Hope you have a lovely day
xx
(p.s. as your diary is here, i do forget to come over and post sometimes...apologies if I miss you out on my post round!)

Hi Lelly,

Thanks for finding me. Where should my diary be?

MM

Hi Lelly,

Thanks for finding me. Where should my diary be?

MM

oh no didn't mean it was in the wrong place, just meant i'm so used to just posting on the maintainters board hun that's all;)

Good morning lovely Mel.. just passing by.! huh how was weigh in this week? think ive missed your results this week.!

I am nosey at times lol

have a lush day x

What I was (and will be) doing yesterday and today...

13/03/2011

My Sunday so far:

@Shanny: I forgot to weigh this morning :sigh:, until after DH and told me that he'd lost two pounds! He is 30 pounds off since January 2nd -- almost double my losses, and when he loses two more pounds he'll weigh what I did when I started! :eek:

By the time DH said something, I had drunk water, coffee and had breakfast -- so, I will go with my CDC's weight tomorrow. My "home" weight and hers was only .4 pounds different, and I was in my knickers at home and jeans skirt at hers! :rolleyes: I'll change my tickers if there is a loss (or gain!) tomorrow.

Yesterday, no planned exercise -- I am feeling very guilty about this. I am booked for Zumba tomorrow at 11:30, so I'll be doing that. And, Monday night is aquafit, too. So double duty -- that is a comfort. But, I only wanted to allow myself one day off a week -- and I missed Thursday, Friday and Saturday. So, I will try to do another double duty day, and something today... then I'll feel as if I have done "make up" work. ;)

I have been working on the "to dos" and feel good about that progress (however, grain of sand on beach it is). :sigh:

Well, I need to finish checking out the diaries and get at things. So... I'm off.

MM

Last edited:

Yesterday (Monday, March 14) --

I saw my CDC -- one pound off. Not a lot, but enough to put me at my next mini-target of under 150.

So, I have earned the Zumba shoes I ordered, and I wore them at my class. They were okay on the fit, and felt fab. They were light and flexible. They were a bit slippery on the wooden floor, but the instructor was slipping as well. I roughed up the soles with a bit of fine sandpaper and expect they'll be fine next class.

I also went to Aquafit last night with CFF -- and she felt it wasn't doing anything for her. But, then she called this morning to say that she could "really feel it now". We did a lot of arm work, and as Zumba does not do much for that, it was good. I am feeling it, too.

In addition to the fitness, I did a bit around the house (not enough), helped DD with homework, made dinner and did my "Beck" Day 17 exercise.

I found Day 17 very difficult (resisting overeating). I do CD instead of South Beach because I am an "All or Nothing" kind of person. Learning to leave food on my plate, eat only what I should, what I need, etc. is going to be a real challenge for me. I think I will need to do Day 17 many, many times to retrain my brain!

March 15 (Beware the Ides)

So far today, I've been on MMs (a lot), started some laundry, talked to DS a bit, walked Little Dog with my neighbour, talked to CFF on the phone, had breakfast (oatmeal with slivered almonds), some coffee, some water (behind on this) -- and now I need to get going on the rest of my day's plan/obilgations.

I am going to "plan" some exercise next (see if I can book into the "view do balance board" exercise class), and then move on from there. It is nearly lunchtime (seems as if everything is about food!) -- and I am feeling guilty about not having done more. *sigh*

MM

well done on the loss mel,and well done on hitting a mini-target,yay go you!
im doing laundry at the moment,its just never ending with the kids,if ever i win the lotto ,i will definately not be doing my own laundry ever again!

Yay to the lb off and yay to mini goal reached :D

I wish i had your motivation when it comes to exercise .. I just dont seem to be able to find the time with the kids although I know i could do a DVD when they are in bed but by the time they are bathed in bed and I have tidyed , washed up , hoovered , cooked hubbys tea .. i just want to sit and slob !!!! I am guilty of having bought the 30 day shred DVD months ago .. and its still in its wrapper !!! and I still havent got past day 1 of Beck even though I know its fab and my intentions are always good .....

well done on the loss mel,and well done on hitting a mini-target,yay go you!

Thanks! I am trying to focus on the plus (or rather minus), not the "I wish it was more". ;)

im doing laundry at the moment,its just never ending with the kids,if ever i win the lotto ,i will definately not be doing my own laundry ever again!

I quite like laundry -- I dislike ironing (a lot).

Re: the laundry and lottery remark. My grandfather owned a car repair/petrol station (back when there were privately owned ones). My father told me that his goal is life as teen, was to get enough education that he would never have to pump his own petrol or touch another car! lol He is an electrical engineer/physicist (retired).

I think he still drives out of his way to not pump his own petrol... or sends my neice with his car to get it filled. ;)

@Katie -- Please make yourself do the Beck... then when you get to the "exercise" activity you can open that DVD and use it. It works.

I am being my ADD self... I have a dozen things going and getting no where fast. i need to focus on one task and comlete that.

MM

What I did instead of eating...

I...
Got the downstairs loo thoroughly cleaned
Scrubbed the kitchen floor
Cleaned some of the other kitchen areas (microwave, shelves, counters)
Sorted a bit of paperwork
Posted mail to the States and Germany I Picked up my mail from the AF Base
Put petrol in my son's car
Went to the bank
Made dinner
Made DD's packed lunch
Made a spa booking for CFF and myself
Did a few loads of laundry
Walked the dog
Unloaded, reloaded, ran, unloaded the dishwasher
Did a small bit of gardening
Filled a bag to be donated
Got good news: DS got a A and B in his last two Uni classes!

I still have loads to do, but we'll see how much gets done tonight. It is time make sure DD is in bed. We'll do homework in the morning; I let her bike ride and play outside with her dog afterschool today.

MM

Morning Mel, wow you busy busy lady you!! well done on getting through all that!
Well done on your 1lb loss this week, fabulous and great on the Zumba trainers hun, you deserve them!

Wishing you a fabby Weds
xxx

well done to your son mel,my son is getting ready to his sats,year 6,all ready to go to big school,cant believe how the time flies!
still waiting for my beck book to come,im looking forward to it,i got another one called the adventures of diet girl by shauna reid,its about a girl who lost 12 stones,im planning to read it over the weekend for inspiration!
hope alls well with you.x

I...
Got the downstairs loo thoroughly cleaned
Scrubbed the kitchen floor
Cleaned some of the other kitchen areas (microwave, shelves, counters)
Sorted a bit of paperwork
Posted mail to the States and Germany I Picked up my mail from the AF Base
Put petrol in my son's car
Went to the bank
Made dinner
Made DD's packed lunch
Made a spa booking for CFF and myself
Did a few loads of laundry
Walked the dog
Unloaded, reloaded, ran, unloaded the dishwasher
Did a small bit of gardening
Filled a bag to be donated
Got good news: DS got a A and B in his last two Uni classes!

I still have loads to do, but we'll see how much gets done tonight. It is time make sure DD is in bed. We'll do homework in the morning; I let her bike ride and play outside with her dog afterschool today.

MM
Ok, Mel, that was the morning taken care of......what did you do in the afternoon?????? :D xx

Weds. March 16, 2011

Shortly after getting up and starting with the morning routine, my friend called to tell me that her MIL had passed away during the night. Her DD is my DD's BFF - and she wanted me to know that her DD wouldn't be at school (this is the girl who stayed with us a couple of nights, because her nan was in hopsital).

Depsite the nan being very ill, it was (and is)shock. The family had been told that she was sorted and would be going home in a a day or so with some new medication. I have not heard the details about what happened, just that the family was called in the wee hours and told to come to the hospital, and the nan was already gone when they arrived.

I did not tell DD at the time, I just told her that her friend was not going to be at school and not to worry, she was fine. It had something to do with her nan.

I then got on with my planned Fitness (Pilates) and after that went to grocery shop to get all the needed ingredients to make two large lasagnas, a big salad, breadsticks, etc. to prepare and take to the family. It is what we Americans usually do when there is a death in the family: we make a deliver a meal. We usually prepare something that freezes well, in case they have loads of other meals delivered. It came in handy as they had family friends come over last night, everyone was able to have dinner together -- and all my friend had to do was bake the mains and brown the bread.

So, I wasn't on MMs yesterday: I was pretty busy getting that sorted.

So, yesterday's activities:

Pilates
Food shopping
Errands
Home to cook and assemble (incl. my family's dinner)
Picked up DD from cheerleading afterschool
Dropped off meal (hugged friend)
Home to put dinner on the table (had another friend to dinner)
I practiced Beck's "Not Overeating" again. It is still so hard for me.
Cleaned up cooking mess and dinner stuff
Changed clothes
Friend and I out the door to play Bingo Bingo was cancelled, so we went for a coffee
Home early, so finished kitchen clean up Did school day prep (i.e. checked bookbag and made packed lunch)
Oversaw homework and bedtime prep for DD
And later I watched some tele (Gray's).

17/03/11 HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY!!!

Anyway, today has started unevenly: CFF called first thing to cancel our aquafit plan. She has an issue and can't go. I could go on my own, and should -- but aquafit was her choice. So, I scanned the paper, as I had seen an ad last night, and I found it. There is a brand new Zumba in the same town as aquafit, I thought about trying that. I like Zumba and CFF does not, so it's a better choice for me.

But the class costs more and I'll have to pay for parking, plus this class is at least 20 min. drive time each way. Then, with parking and walking to and from -- so it'll be two hours min. out of the day. So, I will walk the dog with my neighbour, then come back and clean the livingroom and hallway (which burns calories) and later I'll either step while watching Glee, do a DVD or WiiFit thing. Fitness for free without a the drive time!

Then, I'll have to get going on dinner (corned beef and cabbage, etc. very Irish- American), and I need to get some more chores accomplished.

Working in planned fitness seems to really affect getting my housework done. There are only so many hours in the day.

MM

Last edited:
happy st patricks day mel!
sounds like you have had a busy few days, me and my daughter are glee fans,usually have a bit of a boogie while watching,along with my very bad singing! loved the rocky horror show one a few weeks ago,little one was very impressed with my"timewarp" dancing,son was horrified!

Morning, sorry to hear of your friend's loss, you are a good friend making food for them. You are amazing the amount of stuff you pack in to one day and i thought i was busy! Like the wiifit idea, good choice save money and do fitness too.
Happy St patricks day hun, hope its a good for you
xx

happy st patricks day mel!
sounds like you have had a busy few days, me and my daughter are glee fans,usually have a bit of a boogie while watching,along with my very bad singing! loved the rocky horror show one a few weeks ago,little one was very impressed with my"timewarp" dancing,son was horrified!

Many years ago, my sister and I took a sign language course when we were at Uni. We had to sign a song for our final. We dressed as Time Warpers and signed the Let's Do The Time Warp. She could not get Columbia's rap down (too fast) I practiced it for ages. We were videoed (everyone was).

So, when we got to the "rap" - she took sunglasses out of her Tux pocket, put then on and did a "take it away gesture" to me. When I finished that part of the song I got a standing ovation!!! -- then at the next class the instructor said, "She has smoking hands. She hit every sign correctly!"

I think it was the highlight of my Uni education! lol We took the class for fun! she was an exercise science major and I was a history major!

MM

would have LOVED to see you doing the time warp in sign!

@Claire --

I wish we'd gotten a copy of the tapes.

One girl came in dressed like late 1980s Janet Jackson -- and signed "Control". Another came in dressed like a super hero and signed "Believe or Not", etc. Some of the outfits and songs chosen were very cool.

MM

What I was (and will be) doing today instead of eating.

March 18, 2011 -- Two Days to Spring!!!!

I got up and helped DD dress as Betty Boop for Red Nose Day. Such a good mother: letting my 12 year old go to school dressed like a "working girl" lol. She looked very cute.

Then, I finished frosting the cupcake cake that I baked yesterday for a former co-worker's 50th.
Read through my ARCs and some Back
Had my porridge, water and coffee whilst checking email and mms
Did some other things around the house
(dishes, laundry)
Went to fitness pilates for 1st time (OMG it was difficult -- my arms hurt!)
Dropped off the cake and
Saw a couple of former co-workers, exchanged quick greetings
Back home for lunch (bar), coffee, water
On MMs
... And now off to accomplish something with the rest of the afternoon ;)

MM

Back