MinnieMel is nolonger considers herself a CDer. One final post.

Hi Shanny,

I think he should be, but no -- still doing Phase 2 (to lose). He wants to weigh 145 pounds (10 st 5). He weighs about 159 atm (11 stone 5). He is only 5'6", but he has broad shoulders and big chest... I think 145 would be too thin. I don't think weighed that we got married. I am hoping he'll stablise around where he is right now -- he is wearing 31" waist trousers.

What I am (and will be) doing instead of eating today...

Happy May 1st -- Go and Dance Around the May Pole!!! (If done correctly you can burn as many calories as you would doing Zumba!)

It's Sunday so DH did his weigh in... he now weighs 156.4! So, he has hit the 3 stones off mark! He started on January 2nd at 198 pounds doing South Beach. He has "celebrated" a few times by having "pizza and beer" (but it was a healthy version of pizza and low carb beer), and has started doing exercise about halfway through the plan (but not loads). He is at a BMI of 25 (just barely), and plans to go to the mid-point (another 11 pounds) and see if he likes it and can maintain it. I like the size he is now. But, it is his body and his choice.

I have not weighed for almost the whole month of April (because I left for the States on the 12th and did not meet with my CWPC on the 11th). So, my last weigh in was the 5th! I will be weighed on Tuesday the 3rd... let's hope I have not had a big gain and not only had a "month off" from weight loss, but possible even a set back. However, I have my "plan of attack" drafted and needed tools on hand (Beck book, ARCs, 30 Day Shred DVD, Tone ups shoes, pedometer, fitness class schedule, CD products, etc.).

Today, I have chatted with a friend on the phone, started on some laundry and tidying (I have a big spring clean in progress -- so sort piles everywhere it seems), and am expecting my CFF to show up in a few for coffee and then a dog walk. Bringing pedo, wearing sketchers, and trying for 30 min. New monthly goal -- walk the dog for AT LEAST 30 min a day. It might be two 15 min walks, one long one, three 10 min -- but AT LEAST 30. Good for me, good for the dog!

CFF is here... later.

have a good day mel

the dog walking plan sounds a goodun, dog needs a walk, you get in some extra exercise, its a win win hun

Good luck for WI - you didn't go mad in the month, so hopefully you'll be happy with result. (had to smile at your comment on the walking - Good for me, good for the dog! - had a vision of a dog with a massive grin - cute). xx

morning mel, hope your having a good one

so whats it like walking in those tone up shoes?

I actually thought of offering a dog walking service in my village just to make sure I got out and did more exercise!

:wavey:hi mel, glad you had a good time on your hollibobs, you sound as busy as ever, im back as of tommorrow,hubbys got a new job and all is going well.
ive started a new diary in the returners section,i hope weigh-in was kind to you. congratulations to your husband too,he has done really well on the south beach plan.

Happy May 1st -- Go and Dance Around the May Pole!!! (If done correctly you can burn as many calories as you would doing Zumba!)
I think you are getting May Pole dancing confused with its more raunchy counterpart........exotic pole dancing lol. I never got picked EVER to do the May Pole dance at school and therefore used to watch them all, dancing in and out with their ribbons hoping and praying they would end up in some horrible knot and serves them right if they do :D
It's Sunday so DH did his weigh in... he now weighs 156.4! So, he has hit the 3 stones off mark! He started on January 2nd at 198 pounds doing South Beach. He has "celebrated" a few times by having "pizza and beer" (but it was a healthy version of pizza and low carb beer), and has started doing exercise about halfway through the plan (but not loads). He is at a BMI of 25 (just barely), and plans to go to the mid-point (another 11 pounds) and see if he likes it and can maintain it. I like the size he is now. But, it is his body and his choice.
Wow......is he now back to the man you fell in love with all those years ago? Bet you are chasing him round the bedroom.......you little minx!!! :D
I have not weighed for almost the whole month of April (because I left for the States on the 12th and did not meet with my CWPC on the 11th). So, my last weigh in was the 5th! I will be weighed on Tuesday the 3rd... let's hope I have not had a big gain and not only had a "month off" from weight loss, but possible even a set back. However, I have my "plan of attack" drafted and needed tools on hand (Beck book, ARCs, 30 Day Shred DVD, Tone ups shoes, pedometer, fitness class schedule, CD products, etc.).
Wow...... you have definitely got yourself tooled up. How can you fail????????
Today, I have chatted with a friend on the phone, started on some laundry and tidying (I have a big spring clean in progress -- so sort piles everywhere it seems), and am expecting my CFF to show up in a few for coffee and then a dog walk. Bringing pedo, wearing sketchers, and trying for 30 min. New monthly goal -- walk the dog for AT LEAST 30 min a day. It might be two 15 min walks, one long one, three 10 min -- but AT LEAST 30. Good for me, good for the dog!

CFF is here... later.
Mel, hi. I've been neglecting your diary, so sorry xx
They say that a couple of short bursts of exercise is just as, if not more so, valuable as the longer stretch. So two 15 minutes would probably be more beneficial than a 30 minute session. Meaning that your metabolism would get two boosts, so by the time the affects of the first walk are wearing off, the body gets another go :D

I think I am going to have to find me a dog somewhere that its owner would be grateful for me offering to walk it. If anyone in the Sandhurst area is reading this, has a dog (not a big one) and would like it walked on a regular basis then please let me know :D:D

Having said all that, I have twin grand-daughters that live just in the next road that would probably like a walk in the pushchair............hmmmmmmm shame on me, hadn't considered that as an option.

Pros and Cons:-
Babies.......Pros
They talk, smile, don't need pooper scooping

Babies.......Cons
They puke, have tantrums, need nappy changes, want sweeties, want to get out of buggy and then a nice walk becomes a logistical nightmare (which twin does one run after when they scarper?)

Dogs.......Pros
They wag tails when they are pleased to see you, they don't talk, they take instruction (mostly)
They're happy with a bowl of water

Dogs.......Cons
They crap on the grass/pavement and it needs scooping
They chase other dogs/small children
They bark at other dogs/small children/strange men
They lick their balls at inopportune times
You have to endlessly throw the same ball/stick for them to retrieve

Yep.......on balance, dog-walking it is :D:D

morning mel, havnt seen you around for a couple days, everything ok with you and your's?

What I was (and will be) doing yesterday and today in stead of just eating...

Hi -- I wrote a long post yesterday and responded to people's lovely posts and questions, and then my computer lost it. I did not have time to redo the post, but will try to do so now.

have a good day mel Thanks Claire, I did.
the dog walking plan sounds a goodun, dog needs a walk, you get in some extra exercise, its a win win hun
Yes, the dog and I both need to exercise and when it is sunny out as it is today, it is even better for me. I have already been out with my neighbour today. I am going to try and make walking the dog a daily commitment (I will count it as planned fitness -- if I have at least 30 minutes total walking).
I have to "get over" resenting the fact that I do EVERYTHING -- because it is not the dog's fault that no one seems to walk her unless I force them to do it.

Good luck for WI -
Thanks, Minz. Your luck worked: I had a STS which is awesome considering that I was in the US (one of the 10 fattest cities), traveling, not working out (except the treadmill for 30 min. about 7 times), had a little alcohol, dessert, etc. Plus, I have not gotten totally back "on plan" since my return. But, I am working to do so.
you didn't go mad in the month, so hopefully you'll be happy with result.
Still about 10 st 5 and a bmi of just about 25... so, now it is working to "goal" (138 -- 9st 12)and then what I think is probably my lowest maintainable weight after that (133 -- 9.5 stone).
(had to smile at your comment on the walking - Good for me, good for the dog! - had a vision of a dog with a massive grin - cute).
She loves her Walkies. My DD has taken another photo of the dog and "blinged" out and asked me to change my profile picture to it. So, I'll do that in a bit.
xx

Morning Mel how are you? i couldnt see how u got on with your last weigh in? x
happy monday x
Thanks Shanny -- I'm doing pretty well. I had a STS but am pleased -- it had been nearly a month and I was in the States and not very focused after my return. Thanks for the good wishes -- and I hope you enjoy your day off tomorrow. How are you finding calorie counting?

Thanks Claire, I did. And, today is going well, too. I love it when I get things accomplished early. I was out of the house with my DS and we both had our hair cut (mine was a more of trim) and were back to the house by 10 a.m. today!
so whats it like walking in those tone up shoes?
The Tone-up sandals (I have the ones without a toe post -- I hate those things) are sooo comfortable. They did rub when I wore them in Texas, but do not here. I think it was the heat making my feet sweat. Weird.
I have bought another pair in black for my DD to give me for Mother's Day which is next Sunday. (I'll give the shoes, paper, a card DD already made for me to DH to have her wrap.) She'll think he sorted it -- by the time my son was her age he knew better. lol
The trainers are very good and I think they do work, but they a weird to walk in at first. They even come with a DVD. My sister even uses her at gym on the treadmill. I may be getting myself another pair for my gym bag. I have some that look like beige MaryJane shoes that I bought to wear with regular clothes, but haven't been. The trainers I bought for the gym were too big, but are plain black and fit my DH so he wears them. He likes them, too.

I actually thought of offering a dog walking service in my village just to make sure I got out and did more exercise!
Carloine, that is such a good idea. I have seen a lot of people advertising for someone to walk their dog whist they are at work, or have long days out, etc. Also, where I live there are a lot of elderly people and I know some of them employ dog walkers. Win-Win!

hi mel, glad you had a good time on your hollibobs, you sound as busy as ever, im back as of tommorrow,hubbys got a new job and all is going well.
Oh, thanks for letting me know Ruby. I was really hoping that things would work out well (and fast for you). I amglad to hear that it has. Are you going to do CD Sole Source?
ive started a new diary in the returners section,
I will look for it and read through to catch up.
i hope weigh-in was kind to you.
It was -- a STS is fine, now I can get back to working on losing the last stone or so and then maintaining.
congratulations to your husband too,he has done really well on the south beach plan.
It is amazing. I am going to take a photo of him in his slim fit jeans and then post it with one of him heavier (although we never took an "offcial" before photo). He is still wanting to lose more weight. To me, he looks so slim, but he says that he still has little middle he wants to whittle. (Poetry!)

Well, yesterday was so long ago -- let's see...
I did a bit of laundry and dishes, and saw my CWPC and was weighed for the first time in about a month. A STS is fab, as it meant I managed to maintain my weight even with a trip to the States!

Then, as I was out... I ran some errands and dropped by a friend's for a coffee.
I also made 2 stops to "get rid" of things from the decluttering!

Then, it was back home to work on sorting, spring cleaning, decluttering, etc. I am still in the lounge -- but I plan to finish up this area today, plan the rest of this week's menus and shop for them. I have a bit longer day, as DD has cheerleading after school, so I should be able to shop before fetching her.
I have "planned fitness" -- there is a AquaFit class tonight and I am about to see if I can book it.

Gosh, I spent forever writing this post and then had a friend drop by before hitting "post" -- so, I have copied it and will and save it to a word document in case my cmputer flakes out again. LOL

Anyway, the friend brought by a ton of moving boxes for another friend who is started to pack up and move. Win-Win... person 1 gets rid of boxes and person gets free ones!

Better post and check diaries and then get on with me day.

Mel

Last edited:
Yes, and thank you for dropping by my diary too, Mel. You're always so supportive and helpful and I love that about you! It's very much appreciated. :hug99:

Your OH has done so well! Men - they always lose weight so quickly, don't they? Here's to you waving those last few pounds goodbye really soon x x

What I am (and will be) doing instead of just eating today...

May 5 --

It is Cinco de Mayo! A big Mexican holiday -- I'll bet there are Mexican food fests going on all over Mexico and the Southwestern US. There is a Mexican dinner event on the Air Force base this evening, but I do not think it is CD810/1000 or South Beach friendly! lol

Bummer... I LOVE Mexican food.

Well, still no planned fitness. I am really havng trouble getting myself moving again. This is where I failed after I reached goal in 2008. Once I stopped exercising and did not get back at it -- I started to slowly regain.

I have reached a bmi of 25 after three looong months of sticking to my programme well, and I even managed to stay there a month while having a holiday! But now that I am back home I am finding it so hard to get back into my routine of diet and fitness. I know that if I do not make a change and fast -- I will be making the same mistakes and start gaining the weight back (and this time I have not even gotten back to my goal weight).

I better follow my own advice and go back to the beginning of Beck without delay. Then, do some serious planning.

I have offered to become someones' diet coach. I think she wants to Weight Watchers, so I will join with her and we will attend meetings together. Then, when I am ready to stop seeing my CWPC, I will use the WW for my needed "accountibility". I think we will be joining around the middle of the month. Her birthday is coming up and there is talk of a girls' four day/three night trip to Spain.

Well, I need to get some things done and prepare to walk the dog, as atm it is only the exercise I am doing :sigh:.

Oh, I adore Mexican food too Mel, what a nightmare having it all round you! I'm sure you'll do great resisting. You've got it all figured out! :D

I'm thinking of WW too when I've moved up the plans, I was nosing around food diaries, looks like it's something I could live with. With a few moderations :D

Have a great day :)

getting back to the way you need to be living is always hard after a break but i know you will get your self where you need to be hun

Hi CP,

We are in the about the same place. I am not quite 5'4" and about 145lbs. I want to lose another stone -- so, I am thinking of joining WW soon, losing the last stone and becoming a lifetime member or whatever they call it. Then, I think as long as you stay within 3 pounds of your goal weight and weigh at least once a month you do not have to pay for the meetings. (Kind of like attending AA meetings to stay on track once you are sober.)

Mel

getting back to the way you need to be living is always hard after a break but i know you will get your self where you need to be hun

Hi Claire,

I know that you of all people totally get how hard this is (getting back on track). You do inspire me and I am going to really try hard to get myself sorted.

Mel

Morning Mel! I've just caught up on your diary - Well done on the STS. That's amazing considering that you've been on holiday (and to America at that!) An American friend of mine has told me that she puts on a stone on average every time she goes home for a few weeks so you did very well!

Maintenance is such a minefield. We all have experience of having got to goal but not been able to stay there and so of course we are all looking forward to it with some trepidation! I'm doing very well on SW at the moment but have days every week where I'm picking on things I shouldn't and this is what caused me to put on weight again last year. I'm OK with my main meals but a spoonful of something here and a handful of something there adds up to fat gain - and I need to figure out what to do about that. Clearly as I'm still doing it I haven't got the answer yet but have got my Beck book out today and will spend some time reading / writing cards etc.

Re exercise I'm also not doing any other than dog walking. I'm paying £40 per month for a gym that has great classes and I really enjoy them once I'm there but I never seem to find the time to go. I know this is just in my head cause instead of going I'm simply pottering about my home so will need to work on that or cancel the membership.

Anyway - must take the dogs out now as they are staring so sadly at me ;). Hope you have a great weekend!

Back