MinnieMel is nolonger considers herself a CDer. One final post.

Yeah cool sounds good. Yeah i think itll be better if we work it at our own pace but still keep each other updated on how we are doing :). How have you been anyway?

i wrote a big reply and it all went when i tried to post it. hope you've had a great day! mine's been busy. 1 hr planning this am, ems to swimming and a meet up with another zumba instructor. off to mums for an hour and i ended up popping stuff up into the loft for my dad cause at 73 his legs and knees are giving way. walked dog with the family. came home and popped my own xmas stuff up into the loft and cleaned things away. popped another load into the washer. washed floors whilst cooking tea. :) busy busy!

Morning!

I'll start with my Three Positives a la JackieN!

1) MY WASHER HAS ARRIVED (but due to annual inventory, they will not transfer it to the local base... I have to wait until after the 22nd or get it myself). *sigh* I think DH wants to wait (he would -- his laundry gets picked up off the floor, sorted, washed, dried, iron and magically reappears in his drawers or wardrobe).

2) I straightened DD's hair with the Garnier Fructis stuff and it looks lovely and she was so pleased. It was a fun girly thing to do -- together.

3) Thanks to Lelly, I have some new tools to help me with this weight loss struggle.

Yeah cool sounds good. Yeah i think itll be better if we work it at our own pace but still keep each other updated on how we are doing :). How have you been anyway?

I think so, too. But, I'll still be your coach and vice versa... if that is okay?

I have not been on fire re: weight loss... but I am making progress, I think.

I am going to dig out the WW stuff I have and get it ready to post to you. I forgot about it until I cleared up some paperwork and found a note to myself. lol

i wrote a big reply and it all went when i tried to post it. hope you've had a great day! mine's been busy. 1 hr planning this am, ems to swimming and a meet up with another zumba instructor. off to mums for an hour and i ended up popping stuff up into the loft for my dad cause at 73 his legs and knees are giving way. walked dog with the family. came home and popped my own xmas stuff up into the loft and cleaned things away. popped another load into the washer. washed floors whilst cooking tea. :) busy busy!

I am soo tired after reading all of this! WOW! I struggle to clear my own stuff, and you are helping your parents. Good daughter, you are!

I unboxed my "regular" dishes and moved and reboxed my Christmas ones. It was real production. Now, I have to moved the heavy boxes into a "safe place" until next year. I decided not to try and cram them into the French Court Cupboard in diningroom, because I bought more dishes at the pre-Christmas sale at Stoke. I've boxes the table settings and some of the bits and pieces.

I also went to shops on base.

I need to cracking on the cleaning, etc.

I hope your day goes well and Lil' Dude is healing well.

Mel

MY WASHER HAS ARRIVED (but due to annual inventory, they will not transfer it to the local base... I have to wait until after the 22nd or get it myself). *sigh* I think DH wants to wait (he would -- his laundry gets picked up off the floor, sorted, washed, dried, iron and magically reappears in his drawers or wardrobe).

i'd be telling him...... no clothes done til washer is in the house and installed. do yours and the kids and leave his. mean business lady and wonders might happen!

i'd be telling him...... no clothes done til washer is in the house and installed. do yours and the kids and leave his. mean business lady and wonders might happen!

LOL -- He and DS would just do their own laundry. Seriously. He is very pragmatic.

Yaay gladvto hear thwt youll have your washer soon :D typical man though if it was something for him or that he had to use he woupd be itching to get it in the house lol...
Yeah definitely still be there for each other and stay diet coaches. :) haha i forgot about that WW stuff too.. Thank you again :)

Morning Mel - whats the news for the day?

hey hunny I found ya !!! I am rubbish at keeping up with other peoples diaries , i have enough trouble with mine !!! What are you doing diet wise ( sorry I am being lazy and not reading through the last 10 squillion posts !!) i have been thinking of starting Beck again too , I do love the way I feel when i read it , like someone understands mee !!!

Evening Page, Eggie and Katie! (Hi Katie! -- thanks for the link)

I ended up going to Aquafit last night -- my first "planned" exercise in ages and it went well! I felt better for going, too. (Tired today... though.)

I saw my CWPC counsellor this morning (@Katie, I am doing CD810/1000 with South Beach type meals). And, I had a good week (weight-wise). I lost five pounds (a lot for me, but I am sure some of the that New Years' bloat). I am now only one pound heavier than I was just before Thanksgiving -- not too bad, considering.

So, when I lose one more pound, I will be relosing the Weight Watcher Summer Debacle Regain to get back to a bmi of 25 (about 10 st 6 -- I am 11st 3 atm) and that was my lowest 2011 weight.

Then, from there it is back to goal (between 133 and 138 aka 9 st 7 and 9 st 12). Beck says to have a 3 pound weight range, however I want to weigh 133, but can live with 138... so that is my range.

Other than that -- I got my hair cut and coloured today (a touch up of the job I had done for DH's Christmas do) -- I spent the money because tomorrow is our anniversary. But, I do not really think my hair looks 66 pounds better! ;) So, next month, I'll colour it myself as I usually do!

I hope everyone has a good day tomorrow.

Mel

Last edited:
Eggie! hehehe :D

I am going to have highlights next month for the wedding - I know that it costs far more than its worth but hey, it looks ok. . . :eek: How do hairdresser justify charging so much an hour?!

I a sure you look fab though! :);)

have a great day tomorrow mel. my birthday is 7 days today. there'll be nothing different that day. i'm working. no cake. nothing special. i'm teaching zumba. i'm 'saving' myself for valentines day.... that's if my parents will let me as my aunt is up from london and they're talking of us ALL going out for a meal that day.

MinnieMel said:
Evening Page, Eggie and Katie! (Hi Katie! -- thanks for the link)

I ended up going to Aquafit last night -- my first "planned" exercise in ages and it went well! I felt better for going, too. (Tired today... though.)

I saw my CWPC counsellor this morning (@Katie, I am doing CD810/1000 with South Beach type meals). And, I had a good week (weight-wise). I lost five pounds (a lot for me, but I am sure some of the that New Years' bloat). I am now only one pound heavier than I was just before Thanksgiving -- not too bad, considering.

So, when I lose one more pound, I will be relosing the Weight Watcher Summer Debacle Regain to get back to a bmi of 25 (about 10 st 6 -- I am 11st 3 atm) and that was my lowest 2011 weight.

Then, from there it is back to goal (between 133 and 138 aka 9 st 7 and 9 st 12). Beck says to have a 3 pound weight range, however I want to weigh 133, but can live with 138... so that is my range.

Other than that -- I got my hair cut and coloured today (a touch up of the job I had done for DH's Christmas do) -- I spent the money because tomorrow is our anniversary. But, I do not really think my hair looks 66 pounds better! ;) So, next month, I'll colour it myself as I usually do!

I hope everyone has a good day tomorrow.

Mel

Snap Mel !

I Am going for 135!

Huge celebrations for the 5pm and the washer, would write more but I'm cutting into my sleep deal I made with myself so will continue tomorrow!

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Morning --

I am going to put my postives in BOLD. As, they are incorporated in the post.

DH took the day off yesterday, but as DS had a medical appt. in the afternoon and might not be around for DD afterschool -- we decided to save a theatre day in London (with a meal out) for another time.

Instead we got some things done and 1) I went to my piano lesson and that went well. 2)In th afternoon, we went to an early showing of Iron Lady. We really liked the film.

We used to feel like young things when we went to cinema on weekday afternoon -- but not so much anymore! lol We were still a decade or so younger than most of the attendees... but the gap is closing. lol

3) The part for the van arrived yesterday (as did a new wallet I ordered) -- so minor, but welcomed gifts. 4) The van is being repaired today. They had a opening... surprise! So we may be able to go and get the washer on the weekend. 5) DH also had flowers, balloons and a bottle of champagne delivered to the house. (He did try -- I am sure it was very last minute, but I guess he felt he'd better do something.)

Anyway, I was up at 5:00 to go to the launderette on the base. DD picked this week to wear her school jumpers one time and toss them into the wash (she is supposed to wear them two days). *sigh* 6) I was back by 7:15 with all the clothes washed, dried and folded -- 6 American-sized washer loads!

Using my light box atm, drinking a coffee, oatmeal consumed, and will start on my water...
then, let's see how much I get accomplished around the house, phone calls, errands, fitness, etc.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Mel

Last edited:
Busy old morning so far Mel but it's still only January, your title says February lol. Although I wish it was cos then id be able to get my new iPhone :)

Sounds like a busy day! FLowers and bubbly sounds good, its good that your hubby tried anyway, and you can can have a trip to theatre to look forward to as an extra :)

Busy old morning so far Mel but it's still only January, your title says February lol. Although I wish it was cos then id be able to get my new iPhone :)

LOL -- so much for multi-tasking! I was on the phone with the dentist rebooking DD's cleaning appt (as I realised that it would conflict with gymnastics I do the transport for her and her BFF). I have not mastered being in two places at one time... yet! It is on my "to do" list.

Anyway, I had to move the appointment into February -- and so I had my diary opened to that month (Yes, I still use pen and paper!).

Jealous.com! I bought myself an iphone 3 16 GB new from Ebay.com and DH wanted to "give it go". As he has never had nor wanted a mobile, I coughed it up. He'll never get the use out of it... but he does like having it. So, now I have to decide if I want to order another of those or buy an upgrade. What to do, what to do...

Sounds like a busy day! FLowers and bubbly sounds good, its good that your hubby tried anyway, and you can can have a trip to theatre to look forward to as an extra :)

It was a HUGE improvement on past special days. And, the fact that he took a day off... is unheard of!

Mel

Last edited:
Jealous.com I bought myself an iphone 3 16 GB new from Ebay.com and DH wanted to "give it go". As he has never had nor wanted a mobile I coughed it up. He'll never get the use out of it... but he does like having it. So, now i have to decided if I want to order another of those or buy an upgrade. What to do, what to do...

Get yourself an iPhone 4 or 4s - I love mine, I love apple. My phone sleeps with me.

I am literally counting down the days until I can get my 4S. I cant wait. This phone (3GS) has been brilliant it gets absolutely hammered so there's no wonder it keeps crashing on me.

Morning,

Happy Friday the 13th!!!

Get yourself an iPhone 4 or 4s - I love mine, I love apple. My phone sleeps with me.

I keep thinking about it and DH has given me the okay to get the iphone4-- it is just that they are soooo much money. I may get "lesser" iphone for now -- then upgrade in a couple of years.

I am literally counting down the days until I can get my 4S. I cant wait. This phone (3GS) has been brilliant it gets absolutely hammered so there's no wonder it keeps crashing on me.

I just do not use my mobile that much, so I do not see where it would be worth the cost. I am not "allowed" to get something on a contract. I have a monthly sim -- I'd have to just buy any phone I got.

I hope everyone has a good day. I am tempted to go out and have a sauna and steam today even though I have so much to do -- housework, errands, etc.

Mel

Back