Mirjam's Cruise diet

Day 41 of 60 - PP

Still yoyo-ing the last couple of days but not too concerned about it. Having a friend of hubby stay with us next Tuesday so will use today to tidy up the spare bedroom and give the house an extra once over. I don't like the guy but hey, it's only 1 evening so am sure I can manage to stay polite for a couple of hours lol.

Had a bacon/spring onion omelette followed by some lean ham. Am having absolutely no inspiration for lunch or dinner, have taken mince out of the freezer so will have that. Got some jelly powder sachets last night and mixed some through the yoghurt and it's soooooooooo nice! It mixed so much better than the ready jelly as well...

Hi Mirjam you are doing really well with all the stress you have dealt with over the past week or so. Hope the visit is ok from MrM's friend - Keep on smiling :)

I hope so too Chris, but he's such a show off AND a cheat... he's married with kids but has another family (he works overseas) where he's stationed right now. I hate men like that! I'm a person that will start talking about this on purpose just to expose him. I don't like his wife either but she doesn't deserve this.... on the other hand, she might do exactly the same to him except for the children so if that's the case, they deserve each other.

Day 42 of 60 - PV
Well, after the week in Holland and all the yo-yoing last week, the scales show a 2.1kg gain :'(. Not a good start of the week!

Made meatloaf last night, it was so nice :D Also, made a wrap for lunch. Nice too, but am getting a bit sick and tired of chicken for lunch so will try something else for a while... Might make myself a NY deli sandwich today minus the cheese. Ooh, yeah, that's what I'm gonna have for lunch :)

Will make a tomato and bacon omelette for breakfast, the NY deli sandwich for lunch and a chicken salad for dinner. Have boiled some eggs so might have them for a snack, otherwise some yoghurt. Not the home made one as that was a big fat failure but some ff greek one.

I know! He's a real a$$hole and I don't want anything to do with peeps like that...
A NY deli sandwich is pastrami, tomato, lettuce, cheese, pickles and deli mustard but I'm gonna leave the cheese out. I absolutely adore this sandwich, I always used to buy them as they use some tasty cheese in there as well. Am sure it will taste just as nice without the cheese though but will keep you posted :)

Are you feeling better now Wheesht? Went to look for some deli mustard at Asda but they only had English so have decided to use French Dijon instead. Nice and spicy with a kick, just as I like it :)

I hope so too Chris, but he's such a show off AND a cheat...

Your visitor doesnt sound very nice does he!
but as they say 'each to their own'

Dont worry about the gain you will soon sort it, just a little tiny blip in the scheme of things. Hope your dad is ok :)

Are you feeling better now Wheesht? Went to look for some deli mustard at Asda but they only had English so have decided to use French Dijon instead. Nice and spicy with a kick, just as I like it :)

Yes thanks, much better! Saturday I was just wiped out and couldn't get out of my bed. More energy today. Just left with a tickly cough. Blame it all on my eldest who is a nursery nurse and brings home all the germs known to man :rolleyes:

French Dijon is gorgeous. A bit hot for the kids mind you.

No, he isn't. He's the kinda bloke that needs to compete with you in everything.... if you buy something before he has it, he completely slates it and refuses to buy it. For example Alan had bought a TomTom and told him about buying one. He would never get one, no, he prints out(!) directions to get from A to B... man, the hairs on the back of my neck already start to rise again and he's not even here yet lol. Haven't spoken to my mum today but no news is good news I guess :)

You have to blame someone right? :D
True, sometimes it's too sharp for me and it makes my nose itch but I just love it.

Day 43 of 60 - PV

:sigh:Am getting slightly worried now, my weight seems to be creeping up! It's only 200gr today but still.... I'm wondering if I'm eating enough as I'm starving mid afternoon and at night as well. Did I first eat the meat by myself, now I have to share it with hubby. Is it possible you can get weight gain from not eating enough?

Well, today's the dreaded day, that "wonderful" guy I was talking about is coming to stay the night. We're going out for dinner to this restaurant at a hotel. Been there before but wasn't too impressed with the food but have heard they have been awarded a AA rosette this year so hopefully the food has improved.

To start the day of I am gonna make myself a nice tomato and herbs omelette. I did enjoy the NY deli sandwich yesterday so will have that again for lunch. For dinner, how knows? Hopefully it's gonna be something nice.

Also, my second attempt at making yoghurt has succeeded and I have managed to make myself 1.2kg of home made, fresh yoghurt. Have scooped out what was left and put it in a clean cotton tea towel so that it can drain and I will make some Boursin of that. Can't wait for it to be dry enough to be made into fresh cheese! :)

It could certainly be down to not eating enough. Your body might be going into 'starvation mode' and will be grabbing all the calories it can from what you are eating and not letting go including fluid.

Also, your body needs energy to burn fat. Seems like a contradiction in terms but if it is not getting enough energy from the food you are eating, your metabolism will shut down in a bid at self preservation to conserve energy and it will start using muscle tissue (which you don't want).

I think that was one of the problems when I got stuck for those two weeks. So I made a concerted effort to increase my portion sizes. For the first few daysI did notice a slight increase in the scales but it all finally came off, and more.

Seem to be back losing well again (another lb gone today!) so will make sure I keep eating good sized meals.

Of course, it could be a host of other things - totm, fluid retention, transit issues, 'tolerated' foods... but you would know yourself if any of them were to blame. Don't despair - you will get to the bottom of this and the pounds will start melting again!

Oh dear, not envious of you having your 'guest'... at least it's only one day eh? Otherwise I might be advising you to lock away the knives!

You are so clever to be able to make your own yogurt! Very jealous.

Thanks Wheesht, both hubby and I are hungry so will definitely up our food intake. We'll just have to eat a kg of mince with the 2 of us on PP days instead of 500gr. Also, am having an irregular period this month. Thought it was totm when I was at my parents but only lost like a drop and that was it. Am suffering from endometriosis (cysts) and that causes my period to be irregular too. Having small spots on my face and that's always a sign it's due. Next thing that will happen will be sore boobs. Sorry if it's too much information :)

Yeah I know.... am not looking forward to him staying! Normally I would hide in the bedroom and watch Dutch tv but my satellite dish has packed in since yesterday :( and I need to make an appointment with my "guy" to get that sorted.

Do you have a slowcooker Wheesht? If so, you can make it yourself too!

I always said that women should only get a period when they say out loud that they want to have a child and only then. Ban the periods as it's giving me so many health problems.... I never thought I'd say it but am longing for menopause every time I have this severe migraine. If it's a bad one, it can last for weeks :(
Recipe for yoghurt in the sc is http://www.minimins.com/dukan-recipes/233104-easy-homemade-yoghurt-slow-cooker.html

Day 44, 45 of 60 - PP

Well, Tuesday turned out a lot nices than I had expected. The friend wasn't his annoying self so that was a big plus!
Had a lovely dinner, made it into an Atkins one so that we could have 3 courses. Had a beetroot and goatscheese starter, followed by fillet steak with mushrooms, tomatoes and a salad. Dessert was a cheese plate and it was very nice.
Didn't feel very well yesterday, very tired, migraine like headache and sore stomach so spent all day in bed. Wasn't hungry at all and what I managed to eat, didn't taste nice :(
Had an omelette and yoghurt for breakfast, 3/4 roastbeef sandwich with horseradish and piri piri, garlic and lime chicken. I need to eat more as I'm stalling a bit but didn't feel like eating yesterday.

Today I've had yoghurt for breakfast (my home made one and it's really nice. A bit thin when stirring - more like regular "pouring" yoghurt but nice and tangy). Am thinking of having a ham/boiled egg sandwich but in case I can't be bovvered to make the bread, I'll have a galette instead... hubby's gone offshore today so only have to cook for myself. Have some chicken left from last night so might do chicken wrapped in parma ham stuffed with home made boursin.

Am making another batch of yoghurt; poured 4L milk in the sc this morning and am waiting for it to cool off. It has another hour to go and then I can stirr in the yoghurt and milk powder. Have decided to strain the yoghurt this time so that it will get a bit thicker. Will go into town this weekend to buy myself some cooking muslin.

Hope today will be better than yesterday but am afraid I'm coming down with a migraine so probably will be spending most of this beautiful sunny day in bed :(

Pastrami... yum. Why have I never tried it on this diet? And where can I find it, I wonder... hmmMM..

You make yourself some lovely food :D

And I'm glad your houseguest wasn't as awkward as usual!

Thanks Joanne, you have to be a bit creative as we cannot have a lot of different kind of foods... I was pleased too, I only had to spend about 5 hours in his company so that was bearable :)
Can't you get pastrami at le boulangerie where you live? You could also try some carpaccio...

Back