Mirjam's Cruise diet

I'm feeling a bit better, thanks Lausanne. Weight's slowly going down again but am not recording it yet. How are you doing today? x

Glad to hear weight is moving. Having a good day - PP which always feels so boring! :p Have formulated a pattern to always have PV at weekends to try and curb the 'I am a bottomless pit' feeling that seems to strike Sat and Sun. You're always coming up with great recipes - any suggestions on what to do to jazz up some chicken breasts on PP days? :)

How about chicken fillets wrapped in prosciutto seasoned with fresh or dried tyme? Is always a favorite of ours.... tonight we're having pork medallions in a white wine sauce, also very nice! :)

Sorry folks, haven't been a very good Dukaner this week due to migraine caused by totm but hopefully will catch up with all of you this weekend.
@ Lausanne: fry the pork medallions in a pan covered with some 1 cal spray oil until brown on both sides. Add 3 tablespoons of white cooking wine and let this boil until alcohol has vaporised. Take the pork out of the pan, add a tbsp of fat free quarkm, stirr it in the wine (just long enough to heat the quark) and take the pan off the fire otherwise the quark will split. Spoon over the pork et voila, pork in white wine sauce. :) x

Yes Dianmond, keep persevering and spend more time on the loo due to the amount of water than being behind my desk! x

mmm that wine sauce sounds divine... I'm just always loath to open a bottle for so little, and I've run out of wine ice cubes ;)

Sorry to read you've been having a tough time Miriam, and hope things go better for you soon. x

The wine sauce is really nice and as Alan and I are both on Dukan, I must confess I use a bit more than the 3tbsp wine. Seeing it's only 125ml bottle I keep it in the fridge and use it when necessary. The sauce is divine though, really lovely!

Have decided not to get on the scales on a daily base anymore as I've gained 2lbs since yesterday but totm is to blame.... one day it's down, the next day it's up... this makes it so bl00dy hard to continue! Maybe I just should be content with weighing between 71-73kg instead of 63.2.... I doubt I will EVER reach that goal:sigh::cry:

Ah Mirjam its so disheartening for you - For me getting weighed once a week is better. I dont want to get worked up about not seeing a loss or a gain !!!!!! Thinking of you x

It is very disheartening Chris, have decided to keep an eye on my weight for the next 2 weeks and if then I'm still not losing, I'm gonna quit for a while as I'm losing my motivation rapidly :(

Received my Dukan flavourings today, can't wait to use them in both my yoghurt, as my muffins. It'll be a nice change from the vanilla muffins we're having every day now :)
2 hours of gym tonight, hope my elbow can stand them.... tennis elbow's back with a vengance and am waiting to get physio. It's so bad, I can't even open my mascara in the mornings!

Sorry you are feeling a bit disheartened Mirjam. I know how you feel as thing have REALLY slowed down with me too. Seem to be losing about 1/2lb a week now which is a pain.

Really hope things get moving for you again soon though. I'd miss you if you took a break : ( (me being selfish as always!)

Be careful not to push yourself too hard with the exercise - I've just learned the hard way. Tore a tendon in my calf at zumba class... not recommended!

I won't disappear from Dukan gals, if I decide to quit, I still have to go through conso as I don't want to balloon up BUT I'd miss you guys too much to leave! :)

Sorry to hear you got injured wheesht, hope your tendon's better soon. Am still doing my exercise and love the zumba. Had a great hour of bodybalance tonight but still sore from last Tuesday... we've started a new routine and my legs and tummy muscles are really aching!

I'm glad it's Friday tomorrow so that I can enjoy the weekend. Am so busy, need to make lots of jewellery, organise a Halloween party for a client and need to exercise too.... have my jewellery in a shop now, and the owner called me today to ask me for a price as someone wanted to buy a bracelet! Officially not selling until this Saturday so that made my day :D

Had to come up with a name for the jewellery line as well and I think I've come up with a good one. Not telling yet as I don't want to jinx it and I need to register my domain name tomorrow so that no one can run off with that domain. Will tell all of you tomorrow :) x

Wow, how fab! Will definitely be nosing in here later today. Fingers crossed for you that you get the domain name you want! :)Xx

Morning gals! Well, I can finally reveal the name for my jewellery line, it is called.... "Treasured by Mirjam"! Domain name is registered late last night and I'm having a meeting with a webdesigner next week so that I can get it up and running.

A little bit of explaining re the name: A treasure can be big or small, cheap or expensive like finding a beautiful pebble or shell on the beach, or a favorite piece of jewellery which doesn't have to be pricey but can have a lot of emotional value because it was given to you by a loved one. I treasure my jewellery because I love making them, put a lot of time, effort and love in it to create them and it makes me happy when other people like my work so much that they buy a piece.

If you are interested to see some of my work, please visit my FB page www.facebook.com/valleyevents1. There you can find a few photos of my work, also some wedding jewellery. Wheesht, I do custom work as well so if you have an idea what you would like, I can make it for you :)
I've also created a page for Treasured by Mirjam but that's not really up and running yet.
Thanks for all your support ladies! :)

Brilliant name and so true about treasured things - I have jewellery of my late sister its not worth anything but to me no money could ever replace it. I already know how fab you are at making jewellery - Im going to the Harrogate Bead Fair & a workshop when im off over half term and looking forward to them both. I only play at making jewellery! ;) xxx

Back