Mirjam's Cruise diet

Does anyone know a Dukan friendly recipe for mince pies?
lol!

I'm thinking that a very thin wetter than usual galette (spread finely onto a baking sheet and 1/2 cooked perhaps, then use a pastry cutter to get the shape) with goji + cinammon filling might be the best you can hope for...

I've tried "pastry" made with cornflour instead of oatbran before and it wasn't a great success!

Anyone got time to try?

I might give that a try or just have one as part of my gala meal. Can't find any Dukan mince pie recipes online either :(

Not Dukan friendly, but I make suet-free mincemeat (because you can only get suet here from the butcher, then chop it yourself - yum).

So I use about 750 gr dried fruit (I like a mixture) soaked in enough cider to cover. Then add in about a kilo of chopped apples and 250 gr brown sugar, mixed spice, lemon and orange zests and let it summer until everything is cooked. A good splash of brandy, cook again a little and put in jars.

For one portion, you could use orange/lemon juice instead of the cider, gojis (tolerated) soaked in the juice, an apple (more fruit!), the zests and spices and you'd have enough of a sort of mincemeat to use on a cornflour/quark-based pastry circle (not that I've ever made one!)

At worst, you'll have to throw it in the bin, at best it might just work!

Sounds good ladies, please let me know if it works! Am going to pick up some chicken livers this afternoon so that I can make the Dukan pate for Xmas as well :)

Well, it's been the last day on the shakes, still have to have my dinner but from tomorrow, food, here I come! :D

Welcome back to Dukan Mirjam! :D:D:D
Had my last LT weigh in this morning before weigh in and lost 7.5lbs! what a great start of my refeed today.Am so happy, have only 3.1kg left to lose to my true weight! Can't remember the last time I looked this slim, I feel quite emotional actually.....

Oh Mirjam sooooo well done for sticking at it. I hope the Dukan refeed goes well and you stay in control over Christmas with your new slim figure. Your dedication is a real credit to you. ENJOY and welcome back. xxxxx

After a comment you made on another thread thought I would check in on your diary and WOW, well done!

I will be watching your diary with interest to see how you get on with Dukan.

Congratulations and well done again!!:xmascheers:

Thanks slim dreamer, really enjoyed my small salad and fillet steak:)

Amazing Miriam. I admire your dedication to the cause. Good luck with the refeed and please try not to panic (too much) if the scales aren't your friend for a couple of weeks now... Follow your plan and ignore scales :D

Thanks guys, it's good to be back! :D
Totm started this morning and it showed immediately, a 1.6kg gain since Saturday. It's just water so I'm not worried. At the moment I'm doing sort of a mix of LT refeed and Cruise phase. I still have my shake in the morning but for the rest of the day it's PV. Will have a PP day tomorrow as we're going out for our Xmas lunch at noon. Have had a look at the menu and will probably go for the grilled salmon with salad leaves and no cous cous. Have decided not to have the oat bran yet, am allowed bread as from tomorrow (day 4 of refeed) so will make some lovely muffins tonight for snacks.
Have decided so gently slide back into exercising, my arm's doing fine and will go for a swim tomorrow evening but will still be careful.

On another note, my jewellery website is going live at noon! Am so pleased about that and hopefully it will bring me some extra income. there aren't too many items on it yet, still working on new pieces but it's a start. For anyone that's interested, the website is www.treasuredbymirjam.co.uk.
Received my second commission order last Saturday, the son of the shop owner where I have my jewellery has asked me to make some cufflinks for his mum. Seeing she is a bit of a Mad Hatter like me - and I only found out this morning that we're born on exactly the same day - I've decided to make her some adorable and cute piggy cufflinks! I came across these beads and I LOVE them! What do you think?manchetknoop+.jpg

They are gorgeous! I love them... but does she use cufflinks?

Well, her son asked me to make her a pair for Xmas so I guess she does and if not, she'd better buy a shirt that needs them :)

Thanks Slimdreamer, you're making me blush now! x

Had my Irish Cream muffins today and they tasted so nice! Put in quite a lot of syrup and less sugar so they're not overly sweet. They are nice and moist and hubby's told me that from now on, I'm the Muffin Chef :)
The taste of the Irish Cream is not very strong but you can taste a hint of the flavouring.

Had my PP day today. Have decided that from now on, Monday is a PP day but because we went for our Xmas work lunch yesterday, I switched it around. Had lovely grilled salmon fillet with a salad, no starter and no dessert. Today had a shake for breakfast, meatballs for lunch and paprika chicken for dinner. Snacks were the muffins.

Last day at work tomorrow for 2011, am so looking forward to it! There's absolutely nothing to do at the office so spending 37+ hours a week doing bugger all gets a bit boring too.... too bad I can't make my jewellery there lol. Need to tidy up the house and wash the bedding in the guest room as father in law is arriving Friday afternoon and I'm going out tomorrow night with a new friend. It's the women who owns the sweet shop and we really get along so it's always nice to make new friends!

Where did u get the syrup from?

Miriam - wishing you much luck with the refeed, and I shall look forward to reading all about it on my return.

Merry Christmas!

Back